A photo to break your heart

BarkLessWagMore

post-885-057606100 1329496048_thumb.jpg

Man was walking his 3 golden retreivers in Hyde Park in the falls. Went after one of his goldens who ventured out onto the lake. He fell in and subsequently died despite a heroic effort by NF Fire Dept. Notice the one older golden that had fallen in the water holding the man's glove. Just heartbreaking.

Oh dear.

Make no mistake, that is an act of pure love.

I'm a softie for dogs, so I imagine that I'd want to do the same but common sense dictates certain things. The caption indicates that the dog was on the ice, not that it fell through. It sounds dumb to ask but could he not have called the dog back... but then I'm guessing he probably did.

My little boy is on his leash 100 percent of the time when outside.

Edited by UConn James

Article.....

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/quick-effort-wasnt-enough-to-save-man

Scrufari's three Golden Retrievers are now in the care of the Niagara County SPCA. Ironically, the shelter's board president, Brandy Scrufari, is the man's cousin. Were going to make a determination as to where they're going to go. One thing we are adamant about is that they all three stay together, he said.

Oh dear.

Make no mistake, that is an act of pure love.

I'm a softie for dogs, so I imagine that I'd want to do the same but common sense dictates certain things. The caption indicates that the dog was on the ice, not that it fell through. It sounds dumb to ask but could he not have called the dog back... but then I'm guessing he probably did.

My little boy is on his leash 100 percent of the time when outside.

Considering the dog with glove is drenched, I'm guessing the puppy fell through first. Either way, its tragic and like you said, born of love for man's best friend.