Food Police

3rdnlng

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because we all know that the only food they serve from those trucks is bad. Truth be told some of the best new "restaurants" are those trucks.

It's not about the quality of the food; it's about eliminating the uncertainty of the quality by controlling students' diets.

Not saying it's right, just saying that's what it is.

They line up in an area near us every couple of weeks, and we walk down and try all kinds of outstanding food.

I had an idea 25 years ago when I lived in LA and they were called roach coaches to do a gourmet food truck. I thought It would never work. Boy was I wrong.

I had an idea 25 years ago when I lived in LA and they were called roach coaches to do a gourmet food truck. I thought It would never work. Boy was I wrong.

They must have changed a lot since I lived out there in the 80's.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Oh yeah big time. You can track where they are located via iPhone apps and twitter.

Which is kind of what sucks about them because while it's good for them to whip up business and get that cult following, the only time I stand in a food line for two hours is when I'm broke and the food is free.

Food Network has really elevated this as well. In fact, Food Network has really elevated a lot of things you wouldn't expect. Try getting into a cheap burger joint after it's been on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives.

Which is kind of what sucks about them because while it's good for them to whip up business and get that cult following, the only time I stand in a food line for two hours is when I'm broke and the food is free.

Food Network has really elevated this as well. In fact, Food Network has really elevated a lot of things you wouldn't expect. Try getting into a cheap burger joint after it's been on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives.

I hope you don't have to do that too often. If that's what is becoming of the 1%ers, I'll stay a 2%er.