OG, Dave DeCastro 6'5 310

#34fan

How many super bowls do the giants have to win before people believe you need to stack the defensive line.

I have to agree here - not that that alone makes for a champion; but, That position, like having an all-pro secondary, can change the way teams play you. A truly dominant, stacked D-line makes running and passing almost impossible, and can limit what an offense is capable of to such a degree that the only options left are easily guarded against. Therefore, a really dominant D-line can at times take over a game. Having that is akin to having a great QB on offense.

I'm of the opinion that we have two great D-Tackles in Williams and Dareus. They are capable, together, of stuffing the run and of creating pressure ON THEIR OWN. IMAGINE what they could do TOGETHER, not to mention with A MONSTER DEFENSIVE END playing beside them! I mean, that is a recipe for success, and I hope the Bills not only get a D-End, but get an OLB too, so the O-line has no chance!

Yes, "pound the rock." Because that is how it's done in the NFL nowadays. That's how the Saints, Pack, and Giants won the last three championships. What decade are you living in?

But just think - we'd be able to absolutely crush Notre Dame, Oregon, and Virginia Tech when they come up on the schedule. :ph34r:

I've been villified for suggesting we take a guard at #10 overall, but If RG3 isn't doable then why not? Our run game was dominant in the early part of the 2011 season, so why not build on that with some sound run-blocking?

Plus if we end up sticking with Fitz, couldn't he use a little help up front?

My only knock on DeCastro is that he could use an extra 20 lbs of muscle. Other than that, #52 is a MACHINE.

Check out

and sound off.

Really? Right now have four guys that play very solid at OG - Wood, Levitre, Rinehart and Urbik. Plus the kid from Missouri that finished the year at center can also play gaurd.

Do we really need to draft OG with #10?

Have you seen our defense lately?

I say if there is not a franchise QB available then you go BPA while looking at these position LB, DL, or WR.

I may be reaching a bit

You're reaching more than a bit.

Logan Mankins, considered by many to be the best guard in the NFL was beaten cleanly in pass protection several times in the Super Bowl.

Guards play guard for a reason and it's not because of they're good in pass protection.

Andy Levitre is a great guard partly because he played offensive tackle in college and is a superior pass blocker as well as being extremely strong and a guy who plays with great leverage in the run game. He will make the Pro Bowl this season.

As No Saint has pointed out numerous times, the New Orleans Saints have two of the best guards in the NFL in Carl Nicks and Jahri Evans.

Both of those players are converted TACKLES.

Last year's top guard, Danny Watkins was a disappointment for the Eagles.

Bottom line, you never draft a guard high… unless you project him as a center. The only interior linemen who get drafted in the first round typically are your Pounceys, Woods, and Mangolds.

You draft tackles and if they can't cut it at tackle, they are moved to guard.

Please stop the madness.

I've been villified for suggesting we take a guard at #10 overall, but If RG3 isn't doable then why not? Our run game was dominant in the early part of the 2011 season, so why not build on that with some sound run-blocking?

Plus if we end up sticking with Fitz, couldn't he use a little help up front?

My only knock on DeCastro is that he could use an extra 20 lbs of muscle. Other than that, #52 is a MACHINE.

Check out

and sound off.

If the 1st round pick isn't a DE or OLB, I'd rather it be spent on a LT.

We already have guys that don't need to gain 20 Lbs of muscle that are road Graders (Brown, Colin OL 6-7 328, Rinehart, Chad OL 6-5 323) . I Don't understand your obsession with guards when that is our strongest position on the team.

I would love Decastro on our team, but not with the #10 pick. That being said, we need depth on the inside in case Wood is not ready. And Rinehard didn't look good on the inside,IMO. I would put Decastro in Rinehart's place in a heartbeat. He could play both guard positions. We really need a plan for the backup center spot in case Wood has health issues.

Like where? and Specifically, like who?

For the love of king and country, please don't say another dang-blasted cornerback.

How about a DE like Ingram, or Couples? What about a WR like Jeffery or Floyd? What about a LB, or OT?

Guard is not really a problem for the Bills now, nor is it a "skill" position. Thats up there with DT as positions we don't need to worry about right now...Let's take care of the gaping holes on this roster first...And yes, even a solid CB could be a good pick this year.

Yes, "pound the rock." Because that is how it's done in the NFL nowadays. That's how the Saints, Pack, and Giants won the last three championships. What decade are you living in?

Who gives a crap about what other teams do now. Let's stop being a copy cat team 3 years to late. Winning team usually set new trends. The new rules have open oportunities for the passing game that does not mean you can't be successful road grading people. Especially if most team gear up to defend the pass. Games are won in the trenches. I just wish the Bills would ponnie up to get us the piece that are missing on FA and get guys like mario williams, vincent Jackson, Jermichael and stevie. Then pick the best available player. I also think our db would be more than ok if we had just one real DE.