Ah, Karl Rove Has His Panties All Twisted In A Wade

I was MIA due to starting up my own small business. I decided to stop wasting time arguing with guys who admit to being a "character" on the internet unless I had time to waste. Unlike others who feel the need to announce their going away only to come back, I only did the latter. And with my schedule the next few weeks, I would not expect me here much.

Hey congrats on the small busness venture. Lemonade or Kool-aid?

I was MIA due to starting up my own small business. I decided to stop wasting time arguing with guys who admit to being a "character" on the internet unless I had time to waste. Unlike others who feel the need to announce their going away only to come back, I only did the latter. And with my schedule the next few weeks, I would not expect me here much.

:unsure:

Hey congrats on the small busness venture. Lemonade or Kool-aid?

Sarah Palin is more articulate than you. We can prove it thanks to her e-mails. Did you have anything to say? I have to run as I have a training to do in 30 minutes.

Booster only comes around when he's off his meds. Tries to piss people off but he's really bad at it.

You admitted to playing a character. Do you deny that?

Sarah Palin is more articulate than you. We can prove it thanks to her e-mails. Did you have anything to say? I have to run as I have a training to do in 30 minutes.

You admitted to playing a character. Do you deny that?

That's it?? You pointing out I missed a letter in a word? Boy squeezing those lemons sure must have took a lot out of you. And you have to be trained on how to open the packets and add water? I guess I can be tricky. Good luck with that. Oh and a roll of dimes is $5.00

We all play characters here. Unfortunately you don't. You're truly whacked out on something.

Boy we sure missed your deep whit around here.

Edited by Chef Jim

I wouldn't have used the word RK did, but he hardly seems bent out of shape. I also agree with both things he is saying people are overreacting about. Sure, Giselle wasn't media savvy and her comment was cringe worthy if you are Tom Brady. At the same time, if I am Brady, pretty cool my wife has my back. Just my take and one would imagine that there is some awkwardness with Brady, his wife and some of the WRs. But, if those guys are big enough bitches to take exception to what some supermodel said when THEY DID F-UP, **** find another team. Of the WRs the only talent is really Welker, as Brady makes the rest of them (note I said WRs).

As to the bolded, do you hold every advertisement to such stringent requirements as to promoting their product? What about this particular advertisement makes you interested? In any case, wouldn't it seem that the ad agency did their job?

As far as Jizzelle, RK is getting bent out of shape over others who are getting bent out of shape. The problem is that he's the only one who actually got bent out of shape. No one really gives a **** about what she said. People have basically said "that wasn't cool" and reactionaries like RK throw a fit because, well frankly I don't know why.

As to the commercial, again, no one is making that big a deal about it, except the people that are pissed that people are making a big deal about it, which is pretty much what I said before. I'm not sure how you missed that.

As to the advertising itself, while I'm not furious about it, I am somewhat critical because it's dishonest. I don't expect an advertiser for Chrysler to come out with the truth and say "Look, we here at Chrysler really **** the bed. We've been selling the most unreliable cars on the market for years and it finally came home to bite us. (again - this isn't the first time we've needed your "donations" courtesy of the government to stay afloat), but we're going to try to sell cars that suck less than the garbage we've been unloading on you for years." But while I don't expect that level of honesty, it is still irritating to hear them hold themselves up as a monument to success, perseverence, and the American Way. I'd have preferred something akin to Domino's commercials when they changed their recipe.

Starting a business because people here are...well...ya, whatever! Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard :lol:

Two separate things. I had spent a fair amount of time here on these boards reading if nothing else. So that hour, or two a day at times, had to go away if I was going to try to start up the business. I had family, my usual job that I still work of 40 hours a week, and this new small business. As expected, it ate up huge amounts of time to even get versed enough in it to pitch it, but it is going well now. Why would I waste that time that could be so profitably spent in my own favor when idiots/trolls like you waste the majority of the time here?

Two separate things. I had spent a fair amount of time here on these boards reading if nothing else. So that hour, or two a day at times, had to go away if I was going to try to start up the business. I had family, my usual job that I still work of 40 hours a week, and this new small business. As expected, it ate up huge amounts of time to even get versed enough in it to pitch it, but it is going well now. Why would I waste that time that could be so profitably spent in my own favor when idiots/trolls like you waste the majority of the time here?

How many times do we have to tell you Booster. Wednesday is the pink ones, you take the yellow ones on Thursday.

Best of luck to you and your family

It's gotta be tough, what with actual newspaper readership down so much. You must put a lot of miles on that bike to deliver all those newspapers to the few people that don't have the internet. Maybe you should start a buggy whip manufacturing business.

As far as Jizzelle, RK is getting bent out of shape over others who are getting bent out of shape. The problem is that he's the only one who actually got bent out of shape. No one really gives a **** about what she said. People have basically said "that wasn't cool" and reactionaries like RK throw a fit because, well frankly I don't know why.

As to the commercial, again, no one is making that big a deal about it, except the people that are pissed that people are making a big deal about it, which is pretty much what I said before. I'm not sure how you missed that.

As to the advertising itself, while I'm not furious about it, I am somewhat critical because it's dishonest. I don't expect an advertiser for Chrysler to come out with the truth and say "Look, we here at Chrysler really **** the bed. We've been selling the most unreliable cars on the market for years and it finally came home to bite us. (again - this isn't the first time we've needed your "donations" courtesy of the government to stay afloat), but we're going to try to sell cars that suck less than the garbage we've been unloading on you for years." But while I don't expect that level of honesty, it is still irritating to hear them hold themselves up as a monument to success, perseverence, and the American Way. I'd have preferred something akin to Domino's commercials when they changed their recipe.

Writing three short posts on a subject, all in response to pre-existing threads, is "throwing a fit" and "getting bent out of shape?"

Animal Mother is one of the best characters in a military film ever and you know it.

My point was only that it makes you look bent out of shape.

And he's not even the best character in that movie. I could probably name ten better, easily - Captain Queeg, Jack Aubrey, Audie Murphy, Patton, Aldo Raine, Sergeant Oddball, Sergeant Stryker, Rick Blaine, Robert Gould Shaw, Blondie.

And he's not even the best character in that movie. I could probably name ten better, easily - Captain Queeg, Jack Aubrey, Audie Murphy, Patton, Aldo Raine, Sergeant Oddball, Sergeant Stryker, Rick Blaine, Robert Gould Shaw, Blondie.

Good luck with the new business :beer:

Nah...the Colonel...

"All Ive ever asked of my Marines is for them to obey my orders as they would the word of Gawd."

Oh...is that all?