Wifey stands up for poor wittle Tom Tom

The Big Cat

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about something getting blown out of proportion. His wife defended him in a game that at one point he completed 16 straight passes, a SB record. Its not like Tom had a bad game, in fact, he was hands down the MVP if NE wins just like Eli was going to be hands down the MVP if he won.

He also gave up two points and a very costly interception and the pass to welker was poorly thrown.

Edited by Gary M

Hey, I'm a big proponent of passionately arguing about petty things on TBD. But only when it relates somehow to the Bills. When conversations veer towards irrational Patriots hatred, not so much.

And only thing worse than posters who comment on how bad a thread is, are posters who comment on how terrible posters who comment on a bad thread are? Whatever. Point taken.

No, what's worse than that are posters who complain about posters ripping on the Pats on a Bills message board.

Hey, I'm a big proponent of passionately arguing about petty things on TBD. But only when it relates somehow to the Bills. When conversations veer towards irrational Patriots hatred, not so much.

And only thing worse than posters who comment on how bad a thread is, are posters who comment on how terrible posters who comment on a bad thread are? Whatever. Point taken.

What about when the conversations veer towards Bills hatred? Those are the ones that kill me! :thumbsup:

No, what's worse than that are posters who complain about posters ripping on the Pats on a Bills message board.

This truly is a pet peeve of mine...

I like football just as much as the next guy, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to harbor an irrational hatred against a divisional rival who's made fools of my favorite team for the last decade...

This truly is a pet peeve of mine...

I like football just as much as the next guy, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to harbor an irrational hatred against a divisional rival who's made fools of my favorite team for the last decade...

I can see it both ways.

The faux "hatred" of the rival is a fun part of sports. People go overboard with it, though. I find that there's a distaste for objectivity on this message board.

Big Cat and those blasting her are acting like she purposely called for a media forum to tacitly called out Brady's teammates.

She did not do that.

She made a clumsy, poorly-worded off the cuff comment in an elevator to a bunch of typical fan losers who somehow felt better about their nothing lives to heckle her and that just happened to get caught on video.

If you cant tell the difference, youre an idiot.

I must confess I paid a witch $50.00 and slept with her in exchange for a curse on the Pats in the fourth quarter. It worked and I was so happy (even though it was a rough night). The next morning, as I was getting ready to leave her hut, she said, "aren't you a little old to believe in witches?"

Big Cat and those blasting her are acting like she purposely called for a media forum to tacitly called out Brady's teammates.

She did not do that.

She made a clumsy, poorly-worded off the cuff comment in an elevator to a bunch of typical fan losers who somehow felt better about their nothing lives to heckle her and that just happened to get caught on video.

If you can't tell the difference between what Big Cat and others are saying, and what you posted, you're an idiot.

She did not do that.

And people saying that standing up for her husband was the noble and strong thing to do.

To heck with that. The noble thing would have been to ignore them all together. That's strength.

Drunken Giants fans will be drunken Giants fans--and you can't wrestle with the pigs without rolling in the mud. So why bother?

As for your point: you're living in a dreamworld if you don't think this type of behavior is abhorrent for an international super model. No doubt she got a stern talking to from her PR handlers and her publicist.

Why? Because that's the reality of 2012, whether you like it or not. Yes, she's human. But she's a public human, and she KNOWS BETTER. She knows that dropping an F bomb in the Super Bowl concourse WHILE degrading her husband's co-workers is a DUMB thing to do, WILL get caught on tape and WILL become a public issue. If she doesn't know that, then she's the idiot.

One could argue that every time she steps foot outside her house she purposely calls for media attention. That's her reality, that's our reality. Welcome.

I saw that some of the Giants players criticized her for the comments. I wonder if they were critical of other fans' comments as well? I guess she doesn't have the same rights as any other fan.........

This assuming she'd be a fan of the Patriots* football sports if she wasn't married to Tom Brady.

Edited by The Big Cat

This assuming she'd be a fan of the Patriots* football sports if she wasn't married to Tom Brady.

Should it matter? I have talked to non-fans about the Superbowl many times. I find it laughable that this became such an issue.

Should it matter? I have talked to non-fans about the Superbowl many times. I find it laughable that this became such an issue.

There are fans, and there are nonfans.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/141915-giants-parade-fail/

There are fans, and there are public figures.

http://goo.gl/uOKvQ

http://goo.gl/PZIdE

There are public figures responding directly to fans (Fat Rex), and then there are public figures responding directly to fans in a way that absolves themselves/spouses at others' expenses.

Why is this so hard?

Boo-whoopity-boo-hoo.

She has enough experience with the press/paparazi/fanboys, you name it. She knows better. It's the iCamera youtube age.

Get off the soap box already.

When your married to a hot blooded Brazillian super model your bad days are probably offset by some very good nights lol.

I can see it both ways.

The faux "hatred" of the rival is a fun part of sports. People go overboard with it, though. I find that there's a distaste for objectivity on this message board.

I think that there's a lot of feigned objectivity here

She is correct though even if it is not good etiquette. The receivers for the Patriots picked a bad time to choke on easy plays.

At the end of the day, Brady is still a gazillionaire-three-time superbowl champ married to a frickin' supermodel.

I think he'll pull through.