SENIOR BOWL/ MAYOCK

i must say, watching NFL games past few yrs, and hearing these ex players as analsyts is pathetic.. calling wrong names, missing flags, being wrong about challenges.. no depth to what they say... Mayock is a draft guru and only guys mock i trust cuz he sees EVERYTHING... watching him dessect every play , even if its a good play, he will be on the QB for his footwork, saying hes lucky WR made that catch.. on in 2nd quarter with kellen moore throwing back to back TD passes on same route that was cleanly dropped twice in a row, he commented on how he looked over at sideline and kinda winked or smiled cuz even though he didnt get credited for a score, he will be GRADED for like he did, cuz he did his job.. i wish every commentator had HALF insight and sundays would be alot more entertaining.. he could make a blowout entertaining with how we dissects every play, calls guys out even when they make a big play! upshaw had a sack in 2nd, and mayock right away COMMENDED LT, cuz it was a coverage sack and he did his job, kept pushing upshaw upfield but QB rolled wrong way and literally right into upshaws arms... on paper upshaw gets a sack and Adams give up a sack, but adams get graded better on that play!

game itself: adams looks REAL good.. looks like a desean jackson with a brain.. made a nice catch in 1st quarter and fumbled but came back and had a monster game... crinner is also gamer.. i think 2nd or 2rdround we get a WR.. its so deep this yr and i have a very strong feeling we bring in a guy like bowe.. we will have 1 big contract and i think its going to a WR along with resigning Stevie to give us 2 strong WR.. neither is a true 1 but that could actually work to our benefit cuz fitzy likes to sling it around and throws to whoever is open.. which means D wont know who to double cuz there is no clear cut #1.. with those 2 at WR along with a rookie hopefully a kid like adams... guy just flies and he need a burner.. to go along with nelson in the slot.. very solid...

probably draft an mid round OL and go HEAVY on D... I would LOVE to see coples.. same talent as peppers accoridng to mayock but question his work ethic.. we need pure talent on D.. doesnt have to be on field every play cuz we rotate anyway, but we desperately need a guy that HAS to be accounted for on outside cuz our interior DL is our strongest position on team.. id also love to see brown get to us in round 2 .... pure speed on olb , he just blew up a screen early in game..

take the WR in round 3

OL in 4th

and get a developmental QB in 5th or 6th... none of the QB has done anything to impress me to much.. weeden is too rich for my blood cuz hes now gonna be a 1st rounder.. lets not even bring up tannenhill, id said his name to many times over past few weeks that i hope to never hear his name again! i would love kellen moore or a case keenum late.. have not looked into what round moore is projected but it will proabably like 5-6 but i have a feeling someone will fall in love with intangibles and take him in 3rd.. hes only QB id feel comfortable in drafting in 3rd..i wouldnt waste a high pick on any QB outside on top 2.. foles is all over the place, weeden is 29 but would need to start now and we wont do that cuz like it or not, nix and gailey are going with fitz.. but we do need a qb and moore just has that it factor.. hes a lefty version on pennington but better.. would be great in a spread offense like ours cuz gailey would work perfectly with his short comings.. id rather a weaker arm than fitzy wildness.. and moore is great student of the game and would work great sitting a yr under fitz and either battle it out the next yr and just flat out be handed keys to ship.. i really liked this kid all yr, and dont care about his height, he just finds lanes.. fitzy gets 2-4 passes down a game, rivers gets passes batted down... it happens.. u roll him out, he is PHENOMINAL at play action, hides the ball real well and fools D's and hes good at gadget play and gailey is into that.. fitz is too limited cuz he does arm arm stregth 2 fit ball in between tight coverage but i dont care how strong ur arm is, if is no where need WR it wont matter.. moore just finds those lanes and puts the ball where it needs to be and just gets in there somehow and makes the right decisions and is obviously a pure winner.. the guy can count on 1 hand how many times he lost a game in his college career, u can only play the teams on ur schedule..

anyways to some up, didnt have much time to read too much on senior bowl practices i like to see what guys do under pressure.. id love a top flight DE for a 4-3 in this draft and i hope somehow coples falls to us.. i wouldnt be unhappy at all if ingram or upshaw either... but i see one of these 3 being our guy.. i dont trust mercilus... no more 1 yr wonders... i dont care how much talent he has.. coples had a "bad" yr and still had 7 sacks and a loaded D with no offense.. was dominant yr b4.. ingram was great last yr too i remember watching every S. carolina game and saying if they only cuz they had best tailback in country and jeffery on outside.. we should be open about our interest in best DE cuz it really doesnt matter.. i think any of those 3 guys will be a baller on next level.. and pair him with a mix of carrington and kelsay whos still serviceable and is a team first guy at other side of Dline... another interesting name that comes to mind who never saw field much this yr but would suit our D better than any of our current LB is Morrison.. i believe his forte is MLB in 4/3 and was very productive yr in out and even in very limited action this yr, when he was out there.. i actually heard his name.. which says more about how bad our D was cuz he was never out there! i think u can mix him and shepp in and let a vet battle a 2nd yr guy for mlb and barnett i think was no issue moving outside.. he got a few ints this yr, moves well and think shift would not be a big deal for him..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a fan of Mayock, as well.

If football knowledge was monster, Todd McShay's monster would run away screaming from Mayock's and shart all over itself in the process.

I'm a fan of Mayock, as well.

If football knowledge was monster, Todd McShay's monster would run away screaming from Mayock's and shart all over itself in the process.

mcshay is awful.. falls in love with guys 4 no reason.. kiper as much as he irritates me, is very good.. but mayock is just so damn good at breaking things down and just so natural is how he says it.. did u see banks mock draft?? another bozo... si has really fallen off... nfl.com and espn insider are by far 2 best sources.. between shefty, mort and the penis with ears john clayton.. they are very well covered and get the fastest updates..

As a commentor i was most impressed.. i just wish other analysts had a clue what they were doing.. hearing beuilin, tasker, even aikman is awful and he gets high ratings.. the MNF crew is great too but they r too nice and not critical enough.. jaws breaks stuff down really well as does collinsworth. collinsworth is just 2 cocky

Mayock is awesome and most of your comments I agree with but I do not want Moore on our team. Dude has a weaker arm and isn't as athletic as our current QB. If we're getting a developmental QB lets gets someone who is mobile and can throw down field when it gets cold. I don't know much about Lindley but I liked what I saw from him. I also like Wilson late as well. Coples does seem like a beast and we should get him if he's there (doubt he will be). Not sure about any of the WRs...From watching games during the season I know I dont want Jeffrey from SC (takes a lot of plays off). Seems like a decent draft for LTs...I think Adams and Reiff are both possibilities for us. I do like Upshaw but I don't know if he'd be a good fit for a team needing a real pass rusher...He seems better against the run.

mcshay is awful.. falls in love with guys 4 no reason.. kiper as much as he irritates me, is very good.. but mayock is just so damn good at breaking things down and just so natural is how he says it.. did u see banks mock draft?? another bozo... si has really fallen off... nfl.com and espn insider are by far 2 best sources.. between shefty, mort and the penis with ears john clayton.. they are very well covered and get the fastest updates..

As a commentor i was most impressed.. i just wish other analysts had a clue what they were doing.. hearing beuilin, tasker, even aikman is awful and he gets high ratings.. the MNF crew is great too but they r too nice and not critical enough.. jaws breaks stuff down really well as does collinsworth. collinsworth is just 2 cocky

lol...the thing with McShay and Kiper, IMO, is that they just aren't all that sharp. Sure, they know every college player and their mother, where they went to school, and they can put together a mock draft same as a monkey can. But Mayock has quite a bit more going on upstairs. He's a thinker and an analyzer. I also feel he's a very good teacher, because he gets his points across in a very clear and concise manner. I honestly don't even understand how McShay GOT that job. He must have some dirt on the powers that be at ESPN or something. There must be literally hundreds of people more qualified than he is. Hell, there are people here on TBD I would bet could do a better job than Todd.

Mayock is awesome and most of your comments I agree with but I do not want Moore on our team. Dude has a weaker arm and isn't as athletic as our current QB. If we're getting a developmental QB lets gets someone who is mobile and can throw down field when it gets cold. I don't know much about Lindley but I liked what I saw from him. I also like Wilson late as well. Coples does seem like a beast and we should get him if he's there (doubt he will be). Not sure about any of the WRs...From watching games during the season I know I dont want Jeffrey from SC (takes a lot of plays off). Seems like a decent draft for LTs...I think Adams and Reiff are both possibilities for us. I do like Upshaw but I don't know if he'd be a good fit for a team needing a real pass rusher...He seems better against the run.

You'll have to just take me word for it that I'm even rolling my eyes at myself as I type this, but do you remember the criticism of Brady when he came out of Michigan? He had a noodle arm. Would you really not take Moore if he were there on day 3 of the draft?

Didn't want to start another thread even though this one seems to be about Mayock and the other draft analysts and other periphery issues… no so much about the game.

Anyways, who actually watched the Senior Bowl and does anyone have any impressions?

Here's a link to the official game summary.

http://www.seniorbowl.com/files/SRBOWL.HTM#GAME.SUM

You have to scroll pretty far down to get to the defensive stats.

Some guy named Vinny Curry had 2 sacks for the North and I see where Coples and Upshaw each had a sack for the South. Ingram didn't show up on the box but that doesn't really mean anything.

You'll have to just take me word for it that I'm even rolling my eyes at myself as I type this, but do you remember the criticism of Brady when he came out of Michigan? He had a noodle arm. Would you really not take Moore if he were there on day 3 of the draft?

Its funny because I was thinking the same thing when I was watching him but did Brady have a noodle arm or was it more that he had the body of a 15 year old school girl...Either way if Moore was there in the 5th or later (and we haven't taken a QB earlier like Osweiler or Tannehill) and Wilson wasn't there I would take him yes...

Didn't want to start another thread even though this one seems to be about Mayock and the other draft analysts and other periphery issues… no so much about the game.

Anyways, who actually watched the Senior Bowl and does anyone have any impressions?

Some guy named Vinny Curry had 2 sacks for the North and I see where Coples and Upshaw each had a sack for the South. Ingram didn't show up on the box but that doesn't really mean anything.

Curry is the man. From Marshall, Really good pass rusher, struggles against the run. Should be a late first,early second rounder.

Its funny because I was thinking the same thing when I was watching him but did Brady have a noodle arm or was it more that he had the body of a 15 year old school girl...Either way if Moore was there in the 5th or later (and we haven't taken a QB earlier like Osweiler or Tannehill) and Wilson wasn't there I would take him yes...

Okay, so it's not that you necessarily have objections to Moore in general, you just wouldn't want to use a mid-to-high pick on the kid? And I'm not being critical of you at all, I'm just curious. I haven't seen enough of Boise to really feel strongly one way or the other. It just seems that the more info I've gathered about him, he would be a really attractive pick if it was later in the draft.

Osweiler has really become interesting to me as a prospect, as well. I'm glad you mentioned him. I know that Chan and Buddy won't draft a QB early, but some of these other kids present very interesting scenarios after rd 3. Hell, I'd draft Tannehill just to have his girlfriend hanging around the Ralph! :D

Here's about 26 plays of Vinny Curry against West Virginia this past season.

http://draftbreakdown.com/vinny-curry-vs-west-virginia-2011

He looks like a long athlete without too much quick-twitch to him. His 2nd and 3rd step seem better than his first and like a lot of guys, he doesn't seem to anticipate the snap count well but when he does, he's pretty hard to block.

Pretty nice combo of power, speed, and athleticism but not elite in any area… based on these 26 plays which isn't much.

In the college game, kellen Moore is lightyears ahead of Brock osweiler. I wouldn't touch Moore with a ten foot pole when it comes to the NFL, and I think Osweiler has great potential. Best case scenario for kellen Moore is he is a shorter Chadwick Pennington IMO. I see a lot of interceptions for Moore because of his lack of arm strength. Also he can't push the ball down the field, especially not in buffalo.

Osweiler on the other hand is athletic, mobile, six foot 8, and has an absolute hose. His negative is a lack of experience. But his ceiling is very high. I'll take Osweiler over Kellen Moore all day everyday.

Best player in the game was Mike Adams, LT from Ohio State. He owned Upshaw, Coples, and Ingram at various times during the game. They couldn't do a think against him. But Coples had some GREAT plays against other players. He looked like the best out of all the pass rushers. While Upshaw's sack came against Adams, Mayock was quick to point out that Adams did his job just fine as the QB hung onto the ball way too long and then rolled right into Upshaw after Adams had pushed him far enough up field. I wasn't too impressed with Upshaw, Ingram, or the other LB from N. Carolina.

GO BILLS!!!

Best player in the game was Mike Adams, LT from Ohio State. He owned Upshaw, Coples, and Ingram at various times during the game. They couldn't do a think against him. But Coples had some GREAT plays against other players. He looked like the best out of all the pass rushers. While Upshaw's sack came against Adams, Mayock was quick to point out that Adams did his job just fine as the QB hung onto the ball way too long and then rolled right into Upshaw after Adams had pushed him far enough up field. I wasn't too impressed with Upshaw, Ingram, or the other LB from N. Carolina.

GO BILLS!!!

Danke, K-9.

Wish I had a chance to watch the game.

i watched game twice.. no QB looked sharp.. pead had a few big returns.. adams and criner would VERY effective... both really improved stock.. adams showed toughness and fumbling away his 1st reception but coming back and catching alot of balls for a ton of yards and had alot of yac.. criner made some nice catches and was crisp on routes.. on D.. coples looked like a beast.. upshaw was playing DE in 4-3 set which was good to see cuz thats where we would needed.. kid is very solid but his sack was a coverage sack and QB run right into him.. adams looked like a mid to late 1st round LT , mayock was raving about him.. ingram was pretty quiet but they were saying he was really good all week during practices.. coples did have 1 really bone head play, it was a blown play and kellen moore slid and in college u dont ever need to touch him once knee is down play is dead and he gave him an old school wrestling flying elbow.. blatant flag.. mayock actually missed it, only call he really didnt catch all day and i was shocked cuz i spotted it right away and it was blatant.. alot of other WR looked very shaky with hands. no rb's really stood out outside of pead of returns, had 2 huge ones.. most of the int in game were easy picks for D, no spectacular plays.. QB's looked awful on picks but showed glimpes of why they are mid round prospect but all the top guys like foles, cousins, and weeden looked average .. weeden probably looked best and seemd comfortable under center but mayock was saying hes gonna be a mid 1st rounder.. way too rich for my blood considering hes 29. he will need to start from day 1 for him to worth a 1st round pick..

those are main guys that showed good or bad.. kellen moore looked very good also btw, i would def. use a later round flyer on him.. really squeezes balls into windows and is great on play action.. really tucks ball away..

Some guy named Curry :lol: his first sack Weedon ran back into him but was getting raves from Mayock and GMs during practice about moving up to the second round from 3-4.

As far AS late QBs Russell Wilson would be the one to get very athletic and nice arm.