Taxes and Charity

Magox

Excuse me for putting this in here, but I don't want to start another thread as it may give some certain clown a stroke and I wouldn't want that

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/international-news/global-exchange/globe-correspondents/gates-joins-call-for-higher-tax-rates-on-the-rich/article2315908/

No electrons were harmed in the making of this post

Yeah, but he makes alot of money, so that makes him inherently evil, I mean Romney makes $21 M a year this guy makes about 30 times more, AND he's Retired!!! I'm sorry we can't take what this guys says seriously, afterall he represents the 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.1%

Come on man! think of the

99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me for putting this in here, but I don't want to start another thread as it may give some certain clown a stroke and I wouldn't want that

http://www.theglobea...article2315908/

No electrons were harmed in the making of this post

So we're taking tax advice from rich people? Just because they're rich doesn't make them an expert or even have a clue as to what they're talking about. Gates even says that in his statement. But you did notice he did say raise taxes on everyone right?

So we're taking tax advice from rich people? Just because they're rich doesn't make them an expert or even have a clue as to what they're talking about. Gates even says that in his statement. But you did notice he did say raise taxes on everyone right?

Yeah. You know. Especially after the dude admits that he's no expert on it.

---

Good job, DiN! You put a post about taxes in the thread marked "Taxes and Charity" rather than starting another thread titled "Taxes." Next, you can work on putting your Legos back in the blue bin.

But you did notice he did say raise taxes on everyone right?

That would require him to read.

But, to his credit, he did read far enough to know it was about taxes, then read enough of the thread title to know this thread was about taxes, then manage to realize the two subjects were related. So...baby steps. :thumbsup:

Yeah, but he makes alot of money, so that makes him inherently evil, I mean Romney makes $21 M a year this guy makes about 30 times more, AND he's Retired!!! I'm sorry we can't take what this guys says seriously, afterall he represents the 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.1%

Come on man! think of the

99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%

and just because the chorus belittles it, that doesn't make it irrelevant. lots of people listen when gates talks. dare i say, more than when merrill lynch does. and ya gotta pay attention to warren, especially all you finance types. lobbyist on k street the atomic bomb of class warfare. tshirts will be out soon. i think i see an investment opportunity.

and just because the chorus belittles it, that doesn't make it irrelevant. lots of people listen when gates talks. dare i say, more than when merrill lynch does. and ya gotta pay attention to warren, especially all you finance types. lobbyist on k street the atomic bomb of class warfare. tshirts will be out soon. i think i see an investment opportunity.

Doc, you might want to retire before you lose your license. Stupid schit.

You mean you couldn't transpose Merrill lynch for smith Barney?....no imagination. And what ever happened to them and the short,fat, bald guy from the paper chase? Are they all defunct now too?

Yes you're right more people listen to Gates than Merrill. But they listen when he talks about something he knows about. That would be like me saying people should listen to what the CEO of Goldman has to say about operating systems because he's rich and uses a computer. See how silly that sounds?

oh yeah. now i remember. it was ef hutton (very clever ad campaign), that later became smith barney that later became...it's so confusing! how do they keep the names straight much less the clients and employees. with fewer players, i guess it'll get easier.

oh yeah. now i remember. it was ef hutton (very clever ad campaign), that later became smith barney that later became...it's so confusing! how do they keep the names straight much less the clients and employees. with fewer players, i guess it'll get easier.

What the hell are you babbling about?

What the hell are you babbling about?

Apparently companies merging or changing names is a way to keep people like birdog out of the super secret investment opportunities to which only the rich have access.

"They changed their name again? I'm NEVER gonna get rich at this pace."

Apparently companies merging or changing names is a way to keep people like birdog out of the super secret investment opportunities to which only the rich have access.

He would have made a killing on Superbowl 35 if he hadn't accidentally written "Baltimore Browns" on the betting slip.

when i finally remembered "when - - - talks, people listen" was ef hutton, i had to confirm it. and i got the opportunity to learn all about check kiting. pretty neat trick. now there's an investment opprotunity not open to everyone.

Well, well, well...isn't that interesting. My old stomping grounds.

The scheme worked for almost three years until officials at the Genesee County Bank in Batavia, New York, discovered that the large deposits made by Hutton's four-person office there were far more than the office's banking requirements

when i finally remembered "when - - - talks, people listen" was ef hutton, i had to confirm it. and i got the opportunity to learn all about check kiting. pretty neat trick. now there's an investment opprotunity not open to everyone.

And no, that investment opportunity is open to everyone.

Edited by Chef Jim