American Idol

Clippers of Nfl

The best vocalist AI has ever had got voted off tonight in Joshua Ledet. To bad because Jessica will drop right off the map after AI.

Phil Philips on the other hand has a bright career ahead of him in the music industry in opinion.(maybe some acting)

Best ever?

That's a strong statement.

He was one of the better contestants no doubt, I liked him more when he didn't go over the top as he often did.

Still I'm not surprised that he was not one of the last two. I never thought he would secure the "kid" vote.

Speaking of hot, that blonde sax player needs more air time! :blush:

Oh please, the camera has had a love affair with her for the past month.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best ever?

He was one of the better contestants no doubt, I liked him more when he didn't go over the top as he often did.

Still I'm not surprised that he was not one of the last two. I never thought he would secure the "kid" vote.

The biggest majority of voters on AI are between 40-60

AI is not very popular with the younger generation.

Edited by Fig Newton

This is the first season where I didn't even watch the final...it's a sad day in Z-land! :(

I'll probably FF to see who wins tomorrow, but no interest in taking up 2 hrs tonight to watch either of them...

I dunno...I think Phil has this one. What ya all think?

Artist vs big voice.

I didn't understand the judging on her last song. I liked the song. " when u hold me, its when I wanna change nothing"

Phillips with the marching band at the end and with the chorus, Sounded like something coldplay would do. His moving out song was great too.

Scotty is still boring to me. And I love country.

Thus year it could go either way. Last year scott didn't deserve to win and the year before that momma sox was better too.

This is the first season where I didn't even watch the final...it's a sad day in Z-land! :(

I'll probably FF to see who wins tomorrow, but no interest in taking up 2 hrs tonight to watch either of them...

It was just one hour.

Best ever?

Right on target about sexy sax chick.

I dunno...I think Phil has this one. What ya all think?

It's the first season my two favorite contestants made the final, so it doesn't matter to me. They'll both have big careers.

As for comparing them -- Jessica has the best female voice that show has ever had. She completely pwned a Whitney Houston and Celine Dion song last night -- unheard of. Her voice was absolutely perfect. I didn't care for the original song, but that's not because she didn't sing it well.

I really like Phil's creativity. At first I thought he was trying to be a Dave Matthews clone, but he has totally moved past that. He's unique, and very talented.

No idea who will win.

It's the first season my two favorite contestants made the final, so it doesn't matter to me. They'll both have big careers.

As for comparing them -- Jessica has the best female voice that show has ever had. She completely pwned a Whitney Houston and Celine Dion song last night -- unheard of. Her voice was absolutely perfect. I didn't care for the original song, but that's not because she didn't sing it well.

I really like Phil's creativity. At first I thought he was trying to be a Dave Matthews clone, but he has totally moved past that. He's unique, and very talented.

No idea who will win.

Jessica does not have the best female voice ever on the show. Fantaja was a bigger voice. Carrie U bigger voice. Kelly Clarkson bigger voice. Even the ugly one who won the academy award (damn, forgot her name right now), has a bigger voice.

I want Jess to win, but not the best female voice ever on the show.

As far as Phil. Yes he's talented. But he's still too weird for me.

I think my favorite female to ever be on the show was my girl J.Sparks...she did a great whitney tribute on the Billboard awards show the other night.

Jessica does not have the best female voice ever on the show. Fantaja was a bigger voice. Carrie U bigger voice. Kelly Clarkson bigger voice. Even the ugly one who won the academy award (damn, forgot her name right now), has a bigger voice.

As far as Phil. Yes he's talented. But he's still too weird for me.

The crackhead Mantasia? :sick: Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah lol.

I just turned it on for the first time all season... don't need to see or hear either, the dude will win. Too many soccer moms & teen girls voting... again.

The crackhead Mantasia? :sick: Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah lol.

I just turned it on for the first time all season... don't need to see or hear either, the dude will win. Too many soccer moms & teen girls voting... again.

Yeah. She's big time ghetto. All the money in the world couldnt take the ghetto outta her. But she can freaking sing. She didnt scream all the time either. Didnt really enjoy her churchy gospel stuff. Her "Mariah" or "Whitney" songs were out of this world. I got watery eyes on a lot of her performances. This year got watery eyes ZERO times!!!

I hope the guy doesnt win just for the mere fact to prove my dumb friends wrong. Some dont think its POSSIBLE for her to win. Now that's just stupid.

Yeah. She's big time ghetto. All the money in the world couldnt take the ghetto outta her. But she can freaking sing. She didnt scream all the time either. Didnt really enjoy her churchy gospel stuff. Her "Mariah" or "Whitney" songs were out of this world. I got watery eyes on a lot of her performances. This year got watery eyes ZERO times!!!

I hope the guy doesnt win just for the mere fact to prove my dumb friends wrong. Some dont think its POSSIBLE for her to win. Now that's just stupid.

Did you like her version of Shummertime?:D

Anything is possible, but I think the fix is in if she wins. Someone told me she wasn't American either, wtf?

What a suck tune and a suck winner... still better than Howdy Doody last year, but certainly no Taylor Hicks!

I'm probably alone in this sentiment...but seeing one of my boyhood fantasies - Chaka Khan - on stage in that body suit thing made me want to jump through the tv and HIT IT! 0:)

I'm probably alone in this sentiment...but seeing one of my boyhood fantasies - Chaka Khan - on stage in that body suit thing made me want to jump through the tv and HIT IT! 0:)

Hell yeah!

You are alone. :bag::D

I am pleased with the final result. I think Phillip was a bit more deserving of winning than Jessica, but you could have made a case for the last four contestants of this competition.

I think Phillip has a real shot at a standout career.

Overall this was a good season for Idol.

Another season ends, and Carrie Underwood is still the last female contestant to win Idol. Amazing.

I am pleased with the final result. I think Phillip was a bit more deserving of winning than Jessica, but you could have made a case for the last four contestants of this competition.

I think Phillip has a real shot at a standout career.

Overall this was a good season for Idol.

Another season ends, and Carrie Underwood is still the last female contestant to win Idol. Amazing.

Actually Jordan Sparks was the last female to win.

Actually Jordan Sparks was the last female to win.

My mistake. I probably forgot because that was a very unmemorable year for Idol.

Still that's five straight years.

Edited by Mark Vader

I have to give the runner up credit, Jessica Sanchez surprised me and just kept getting better and better and better, although I do think her father being in the military helped carry her as far as she went. Still, technically, she sang by far the harder songs throughout the competition in comparison to Phil Philips.

I had picked Phil Philips to win and then switched to Ledit the singer who should have won in my opinion. (based on vocals)Although I think Phil Phillip's has a wondeful career ahead of him. Phil Phillips has his own signature sound and the song writting ability and why I see him going far in the music industry.

Mysel personally, Joshua Ledit's show stopping performances should have made it to the finale and made for a lackluster finish without him.

In my opinion, the power, range, and control she has are unmatched by anything I've seen on that show.