American Idol

Clippers of Nfl

arguably the 3 best singers of the competition end up on the chopping block, go figure, and why I wouldn't even waste my time voting

Its a popularity contest...

I love little Jessica...that was a shocker

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arguably the 3 best singers of the competition end up on the chopping block, go figure, and why I wouldn't even waste my time voting

It truly is...which is sad. And I think maybe that's why I've lost interest slowly over the years. Yet, I still watch it. :lol:

It truly is...which is sad. And I think maybe that's why I've lost interest slowly over the years. Yet, I still watch it. :lol:

This is my first full season to watch Idol. I joined the show at the half way mark

last year. Do you think this situation will bring changes for next year?

This is my first full season to watch Idol. I joined the show at the half way mark

last year. Do you think this situation will bring changes for next year?

When its the public voting in the outcome, how could it change? I've often thought they should perhaps go to a point system and give each contestant points based on where they finish in the vote rankings. Combine points from week to week. This way a bad song choice isn't going to send the best singer packing. Lowest vocalist on the totem pole each week in points goes home. One of the problems is its as much about the song choice as it is the actual performance. If you don't like a song,or not at all familiar with it, regardless of how well someone sings it, you will still not like the song or vote for a singer/ song you are more familiar with and do like.

Points system would insure the top vocalist overall a position even If he or she has an off week/bad song choice. It would also send the overall least consistent vocalist home that continues to rank near the bottom as it should be.

Edited by Fig Newton

It's been that way for a long time. Remember how long Adam Lambert lasted? And where is he now?

I also think that America got it right this week with the Bottom 3, although I would have exchanged Skylar for Joshua. As good as Joshua is he will not get the tween vote, and he will not be the next Idol.

I love Jessica, but that was not her best performance. Still I was amazed that she got the least votes and not Elise. Honestly, I do not think Elise has much more to offer and should be the next one kicked out.

Finally I just want to say that I am getting tired of the judges. They are just a big group of tools. I always thought Ryan Seacrest was the ultimate tool, but I think the judges have surpassed him.

What the hell were they doing going up on stage like that when Jessica was singing? That was so pretentious.

I also can not stand when the judges complain about the bottom 3. Saying that America got it wrong. But whenever they are asked before the results who should be in the bottom 3, they always give half-assed answers and dodge the question. The judges are gutless when they are put on the spot, but when things don't go their way, they will not shut up about it. Just my opinion.

We now return to the ajzepp, Jim in Anchorage & LanaK6 soap opera.

Edited by Mark Vader

That show got canceled due to poor ratings.

As for Idol, I wish they would always choose more recent stuff. I get tired of the same old songs year after year, whereas this week I heard a few that I was not familiar with. I ended up downloading a couple from Amazon after the show. I think the show is much more enjoyable when they pick fresher music to perform.

Hey everyone. I'm a member here originally from KINNELON, NJ. If that town name doesn't ring a bell, that's where Elise Testone is from. Please please please vote for her. Went to high school with her and she's crazy talented. Lets get her to the top !!!!

Hey everyone. I'm a member here originally from KINNELON, NJ. If that town name doesn't ring a bell, that's where Elise Testone is from. Please please please vote for her. Went to high school with her and she's crazy talented. Lets get her to the top !!!!

I'm been mia. What's up everybody!!!!!

The soap opera needs to come back!!!!

Flea, I agree she is crazy talented. To me she has the most unique voice. Scratchy and raspy. Just love it. She is like the American Adele. She just needs a little polish. She has mad soul and when she "runs" wild with her voice. I'm like wow.....

With the right direction I think Skylar will go the furthest followed by Elise.

As far as Idol goes, Jessica has the biggest voice. However deep down I dont think she is the whole package.

Hollie has such a sweet face. Wait. Singing competition.

It's been that way for a long time. Remember how long Adam Lambert lasted? And where is he now?

I also think that America got it right this week with the Bottom 3, although I would have exchanged Skylar for Joshua. As good as Joshua is he will not get the tween vote, and he will not be the next Idol.

I love Jessica, but that was not her best performance. Still I was amazed that she got the least votes and not Elise. Honestly, I do not think Elise has much more to offer and should be the next one kicked out.

Finally I just want to say that I am getting tired of the judges. They are just a big group of tools. I always thought Ryan Seacrest was the ultimate tool, but I think the judges have surpassed him.

What the hell were they doing going up on stage like that when Jessica was singing? That was so pretentious.

I also can not stand when the judges complain about the bottom 3. Saying that America got it wrong. But whenever they are asked before the results who should be in the bottom 3, they always give half-assed answers and dodge the question. The judges are gutless when they are put on the spot, but when things don't go their way, they will not shut up about it. Just my opinion.

That was cool. They could have easily just stopped the singing. This time they did a little extra. I didnt see anything wrong with that.

We should do one of those things where fans of the show send in an item to get it back on the air. For this show we should all send AJ a goat.

Always wanted one :D

Holy Crap!

I did not see this coming.

Elise dodges another bullet again.

Philip should coast now that his toughest competition among the men is gone.

I thought Colton would be one of the final four, but we've had surprises on this show before.

Holy Crap!

I did not see this coming.

Elise dodges another bullet again.

Philip should coast now that his toughest competition among the men is gone.

I thought Colton would be one of the final four, but we've had surprises on this show before.

I'm still really banging my head over the Phillip thing...to me, this guy does the same thing every night and his vocals sound the same to me every night. I guess he's sort of like this year's Scotty to me...I don't get the appeal even a little.

I have some CDs from various Idols over the years, but the last time I bought one was when David Cook won and released his. Since then, I have purchased no CDs, but I have downloaded a couple of songs from iTunes each season since. The only thing I've downloaded this year were a few of Colton's performances, and the studio track from last week (I Love to See You Lie) really impressed me. I feel as if he changes it up week to week and he's clever with his arrangements. I also thought he had a HUGE following since he's not been in the bottom 3 at all. I was truly shocked last night, but as you rightly pointed out, definitely not the first time a talented kid has gone home early.

I'm rooting for little Jessica and Joshua at this point...I still think Joshua has a moment or two left in him...I hope he has another great performance before it's over.

Skylar and Holly...you girls are on borrowed time.

I'm still really banging my head over the Phillip thing...to me, this guy does the same thing every night and his vocals sound the same to me every night. I guess he's sort of like this year's Scotty to me...I don't get the appeal even a little.

I have some CDs from various Idols over the years, but the last time I bought one was when David Cook won and released his. Since then, I have purchased no CDs, but I have downloaded a couple of songs from iTunes each season since. The only thing I've downloaded this year were a few of Colton's performances, and the studio track from last week (I Love to See You Lie) really impressed me. I feel as if he changes it up week to week and he's clever with his arrangements. I also thought he had a HUGE following since he's not been in the bottom 3 at all. I was truly shocked last night, but as you rightly pointed out, definitely not the first time a talented kid has gone home early.

I'm rooting for little Jessica and Joshua at this point...I still think Joshua has a moment or two left in him...I hope he has another great performance before it's over.

I think Philip has been very consistent and I think he has talent, I would not be upset if he won it all.

Joshua is good, but he will not secure the tween vote, so it's just a matter of time before he is gone. I am actually shocked that he has lasted longer than Colton.

I completely disagree with you about Hollie, she's had some very good moments and should be one of the last four remaining.

Jessica is still a strong contender and should be here until the end.

Skylar does bring it and she knows what kind of performer she is, still I think her time will be up sooner than later.

Elise is the one who is on borrowed time. She does a nice job, but I do not see her as the next Idol.

I think Philip has been very consistent and I think he has talent, I would not be upset if he won it all.

Joshua is good, but he will not secure the tween vote, so it's just a matter of time before he is gone. I am actually shocked that he has lasted longer than Colton.

I completely disagree with you about Hollie, she's had some very good moments and should be one of the last four remaining.

Jessica is still a strong contender and should be here until the end.

Skylar does bring it and she knows what kind of performer she is, still I think her time will be up sooner than later.

Elise is the one who is on borrowed time. She does a nice job, but I do not see her as the next Idol.

I agree with this post! :thumbsup: I'm picking Jessica and Hollie for the final two.

Philip to me is an extremely likable character that is actually attracting America as much with his charm as he is with his voice in my opinion, Myself personally, I like his vocals. Philips would probably do great in the movie industry.

I expect Phil to win despite not being the best vocalist (because of his popularity)

Edited by Fig Newton