All-Defensive Mock Draft

Astrobot

1-Quinton Coples DE43, Dre Kirkpatrick CB, Don'ta Hightower ILB, Zach Brown OLB43

2-Kwame Geathers DT34, Bruce Irvin OLB34, Emmanuel Acho OLB43, Cam Johnson DE43, Jayron Hosley CB

3-Brandon Lindsey OLB34, Lavonte David OLB43, Jerel Worthy DT43, Fletcher Cox DE34

4-Jonathan Massaquoi OLB34, Leonard Johnson CB, Casey Hayward CB, Hebron Fangupo DT34

4-Omar Bolden CB, Baker Steinkuhler DE34, Tank Carder OLB43, Eddie Whitley FS, Cliff Harris CB

5-George Iloka FS, Malik Jackson OLB34, Jack Crawford DE43, Ryan Steed CB, Nigel Bradham OLB43

6-Keith Tandy CB, Izaan Cross DE34, Derek Wolfe DE34, Chris Galippo ILB

7-Tyler Hoover DE34, DeAngelo Tyson DT43, Jacquies Smith OLB34

Some explanation:

1-I'm taking Coples over Kirkpatrick by a nose. Coples can play DE34 or DE43 with no dropoff.

2-I love Kwame Geathers, and could see Williams-Dareus-Geathers-Coples as a dominant 4-3 line.

3-'Stache might take Lavonte David, though he's more of a 4-3 and small. But he's always on the ball.

4-Like the name Hebron Fangupo? Best name this year. Bolden's ACL injury drops him to here, RD1-2 otherwise.

5-I like George Iloka; he's a Boise guy I've seen a lot of this year.

I won't go 7 rounds deep, but I'd like to "play along" with this defensive theme!

10.) Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois

41.) Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina

72.)Corderro Law, DE, Southern Mississippi

108.) Jamell Fleming, CB, Oklahoma

122.) Kyle Wilber, OLB, Wake Forest

The pick #'s are just estimates with 2 compensatory selections "hung" at the end of round 3!!

1-Quinton Coples DE43, Dre Kirkpatrick CB, Don'ta Hightower ILB, Zach Brown OLB43

2-Kwame Geathers DT34, Bruce Irvin OLB34, Emmanuel Acho OLB43, Cam Johnson DE43, Jayron Hosley CB

3-Brandon Lindsey OLB34, Lavonte David OLB43, Jerel Worthy DT43, Fletcher Cox DE34

4-Jonathan Massaquoi OLB34, Leonard Johnson CB, Casey Hayward CB, Hebron Fangupo DT34

4-Omar Bolden CB, Baker Steinkuhler DE34, Tank Carder OLB43, Eddie Whitley FS, Cliff Harris CB

5-George Iloka FS, Malik Jackson OLB34, Jack Crawford DE43, Ryan Steed CB, Nigel Bradham OLB43

Some explanation:

1-I'm taking Coples over Kirkpatrick by a nose. Coples can play DE34 or DE43 with no dropoff.

2-I love Kwame Geathers, and could see Williams-Dareus-Geathers-Coples as a dominant 4-3 line.

3-'Stache might take Lavonte David, though he's more of a 4-3 and small. But he's always on the ball.

4-Like the name Hebron Fangupo? Best name this year. Bolden's ACL injury drops him to here, RD1-2 otherwise.

It does look like Honey Badger will be picked before it gets to #10 but if he is there you have to take him.

Some explanation:

Don't like Coples, saw three of his games and he gave no effort, if he didn't make the play in two seconds he pulled up and lolly-gagged over to the ball.

(going hybrid with 43DE and 34OLB, bringing the heat :devil:)

1. Dre Kirkpatrick Alabama 6'2" 192 CB (upshaw not worthy of this pick and 6-2 corners that are elite don't come around every day)

2. Andre Branch Clemson 6'4" 258 DE43

3. Chandler Jones Syracuse 6'5" 265 OLB34

4. Jake Bequette Arkansas 6'5" 265 DE43

4. Olivier Vernon Miami (FL) 6'3" 265 OLB34

5. Donnie Fletcher Boston College 6'1" 198 CB

6. Mychal Kendricks California 5'11" 240 SILB

7. Tydreke Powell North Carolina 6'3" 310 DT43

UDFAs

Brandon Bullock Marshall 6'3" 361 DT34

Cordarro Law Southern Miss 6'2" 262 DE43 (still can't believe drafttek has him ranked so low, he's going 3-4 rnd)

He only won about a billion games for LSU. Who needs that? You realize we can't draft 100% OL and DL right?

You do realize he's not coming out right?

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

How is it that after all of this time, almost none of you realize that crayonz is just messing with you.

It blows my mind.

But, Ill take the best DE available.

coples, williams, dareus, kelsay.

That line could do some damage

You realize that you can't draft a player unless he's eligible for the draft right?

:blink:

Check the mock drafts. They pretty much have him going before #10. Also check with the 32 GMs and the US Justice department about his eligibility. It sounds like you know something they don't.

:huh:

Some explanation:

AStro, I keep seeing Coples as our pick today. Your draft makes it the third or fourth time his name has come up just in the last few hours. I watch more SEC ball than anything else, so I didn't see much of this kid. Watched some highlight vids, and he seems like a solid player but didn't really see any one particular highlight that "wow'ed" me. What's your take on him?

AStro, I keep seeing Coples as our pick today. Your draft makes it the third or fourth time his name has come up just in the last few hours. I watch more SEC ball than anything else, so I didn't see much of this kid. Watched some highlight vids, and he seems like a solid player but didn't really see any one particular highlight that "wow'ed" me. What's your take on him?

That's all you need to know.