Indy gets to pick their first round opponent

PromoTheRobot

This thought occurred to me while watching the Bills spank the Niners...

Indy has the #3 seed locked up. They have nothing to play for next week. In fact it turns out the Colts control who their opponent will be in the first round of the playoffs. Beat Denver, and get the Bills, one of the NFL's best defenses. Lose and get the fading Broncos or a shaky Jets in Indy.

If you are Tony Dungy, what do YOU choose?

I hate to say it, but our playoff fates lie with the Rams beating the Jets.

PTR

If I was Dungy, I'd worry about my team keeping their offense going for next week rather then "picking" who I'm going to play.

If Indy feels they need to pick their opponent, they will have no shot in the playoffs. Everyone knows confidence is a big part of it, and Dungy cannot afford to send the message to his team that they have to pick their opponent to win.

Indy has the #3 seed locked up.  They have nothing to play for next week.  In fact it turns out the Colts control who their opponent will be in the first round of the playoffs.  Beat Denver, and get the Bills, one of the NFL's best defenses.  Lose and get the fading Broncos or a shaky Jets in Indy. 

PTR

179082[/snapback]

I posted this on chat room that I think Indy doesnt want any part of us. I dont see them intentionally loosing a game but wonder if they will play full out the way we need them to

Indy has the #3 seed locked up.  They have nothing to play for next week.  In fact it turns out the Colts control who their opponent will be in the first round of the playoffs.  Beat Denver, and get the Bills, one of the NFL's best defenses.  Lose and get the fading Broncos or a shaky Jets in Indy. 

PTR

179082[/snapback]

Having our playoff fate in Mike Fartz hands is a very demoralising thought isn't it?

I posted this on chat room that I think Indy doesnt want any part of us.  I dont see them intentionally loosing a game but wonder if they will play full out the way we need them to

179087[/snapback]

I don't think anyone wants to face the Bills defense in the playoffs.

PTR

PTR

179082[/snapback]

Well, he better watch what he asks for. I think you want your team to be a prepared as possible for next weeks game. I think since they have to play the next week, we stand a better chance that they want to keep in that rhythm (I hope I hope I hope!). :devil:

PTR

179082[/snapback]

I have to agree. No one wants to play the Bills right now.

In the Rams-Jets game, I have a hard time seeing a Mike Martz team coming up big in a pressure situation. I hope I'm wrong, but the Rams are a major choke waiting to happen.

Having our playoff fate in Mike Fartz hands is a very demoralising thought isn't it?

179089[/snapback]

I agree, but you know the New York media is going to rip Chad "It's-a-priviage-to- watch-me-play" Pennington after his performance against the Pats today. One could only hope the Jets start to unravel from the pressure of not blowing a 4-game lead to the Bills.

PTR

I'm just saying, Buffalo (Should they even make it) has a shot of beating the Colts in Indy.  Denver has NO SHOT.    Then again, if Buffalo loses next week, Denver wins and the Jets lose, the Jets would go into Indy.

179155[/snapback]

We don't fare well in domes. :flirt:

P.S. Thanks for beating the Jets today. :devil:

I think Polian would love to see the Bills come to town & may the best team win.

The Broncos will have to earn that win...

but let's hope Manning & co. get off to an early lead. :flirt:

179152[/snapback]

Maybe we should write/email/call Polian to remind him that it is his duty to see that his team makes every effort to win their game against the Broncos.... :devil:

The bills beat the seahags in a dome on the road. Peyton vs the stout bills defense will definitly struggle. Since when do the Colts have anything to brag about on there defense NO MUCH.

179179[/snapback]

Sue....

They blew up the Kingdome awhile back.... :devil:

boom

Was on the Indy board and saw a post by an Indy fan...this fan said that Dungy indicated that if they were to win the game against SD that the starters would not play the whole game in Denver.

Hopefully as others have said, Peyton will put up 3 TD's in the 1st Q. Indy does have some pretty good backups in terms of Offense but their D backups are horrible.

Having said this, I think our best shot are the Rams in the dome with Marc Bulger back.

We don't fare well in domes.  :flirt:

P.S. Thanks for beating the Jets today.  :devil:

179166[/snapback]

I would have prefered a Jets win. If the Jets win that game the Colts play their starters all game next week against the Broncs as they still would have had a (slim) chance at a 1st round bye. The Broncs would have had no shot at beating a full strength Colts team.

I would have prefered a Jets win.  If the Jets win that game the Colts play their starters all game next week against the Broncs as they still would have had a (slim) chance at a 1st round bye.  The Broncs would have had no shot at beating a full strength Colts team.

179264[/snapback]

But.....if the Jets lose out and we win out....aren't we in because we hold the tie-breaker ?