Shotty Jr Overplayed his hand

DC Grid

He was "too good" to even interview for the lowly Bills head coaching opening a couple of years ago, and the national media applauded his move to hold out for something better. Now he's seen as a joke offensive coordinator and has been booted from the Jets. It is awesome watching the arrogance of Jets coaches blow up in their face.

Edited by DC Grid

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, tell me why you believe he is a "great" OC.

This guy knows QB's and he had a BIG hand in developing Philip Rivers and Drew Brees in San Diego. He was the QB coach in San Diego when Brees and Rivers were there. The fact that he can do that for Rivers and Brees tell me that he understands the game, the position and how to develop players. Sanchez couldn't do that.

These are all characteristics of a good coordinator and I know that he wanted to open up the offense but he couldn't because of Sanchez's incompetence. He couldn't do what he wanted to do because Sanchez sucked.

This guy knows QB's and he had a BIG hand in developing Philip Rivers and Drew Brees in San Diego. He was the QB coach in San Diego when Brees and Rivers were there. The fact that he can do that for Rivers and Brees tell me that he understands the game, the position and how to develop players. Sanchez couldn't do that.

These are all characteristics of a good coordinator and I know that he wanted to open up the offense but he couldn't because of Sanchez's incompetence. He couldn't do what he wanted to do because Sanchez sucked.

I've got a few rather knowledgeable friends who are Jets fan that insist the offensive play calling has been abysmal for the last couple seasons. It's not my own opinion because I'm no scholar of the game, but I take that for it's worth.

I've got a few rather knowledgeable friends who are Jets fan that insist the offensive play calling has been abysmal for the last couple seasons. It's not my own opinion because I'm no scholar of the game, but I take that for it's worth.

Playcalling has been horrible because he never trusted his QB. His playbook probably went from 500 pages to a quarter of a page and it showed. I probably have way more friends that are Jets fan than u do considering I live 5 minutes from Metlife Stadium and i see their games.

His playcalling reflected his lack of trust in his QB. Not his fault.

Edited by DreReed83

In addition to what I said above. If he can develop Brees and Rivers and open up their game, but can't do that for Sanchez, that tells me something about Sanchez. Schotty can't just call anything he wants, whenever he wants if Sanchez doesn't get it. That would make both of them look even worse. He was protecting himself and Mark

If his dad gets a head coaching job, he will certainly be hired as the OC.

I will bet money that he lands an OC job even if his dad doesn't get a HC job. :rolleyes:

He was "too good" to even interview for the lowly Bills head coaching opening a couple of years ago, and the national media applauded his move to hold out for something better. Now he's seen as a joke offensive coordinator and has been booted from the Jets. It is awesome watching the arrogance of Jets coaches blow up in their face.

When he declined even an interview to to be the Bills coach I knew this guy was an arrogant idiot. He wanted to return to the Jets and it got him an 8-8 record, missing the playoffs, and out of job with them. He screwed himself in the end. Poetic justice.

Schotty's a great coordinator in my opinion and if he had a competent QB, this team would've gone places. He'll go somewhere and be successful.

Sanchez sucks but so does Marty Jr. He is the same coordinator who had a team run for over 300 yards and still had his Qb somehow threw 5 ints to lose a game. Where do you think he would be without daddy? I hate these daddies boys' (Chris Polian, Kyle Shanahan, Todd Haley) who had everything handed to them. I'm so glad the Bills din't hire this spoon feed flavor of the day.

Sanchez sucks but so does Marty Jr. He is the same coordinator who had a team run for over 300 yards and still had his Qb somehow threw 5 ints to lose a game. Where do you think he would be without daddy? I hate these daddies boys' (Chris Polian, Kyle Shanahan, Todd Haley) who had everything handed to them. I'm so glad the Bills din't hire this spoon feed flavor of the day.

So you're blaming the 5 INTs on Schotty? You do realize that his team's ability to run for over 300 yds should also be credited towards the offensive coordinator. So you've CLEARLY made my point. That he's a good OC but lacked trust in his QB and those 5 INTs showed why.

Thanks for proving my point junior.

But a great OC. I think Ryan defers a good deal to his OC.

Like I said before. He doesn't trust his QB so he can't do his job the way he wants to. If you've ever held a management position and had people working under you, you would understand.

His job is to help develop his players, design the offense and call the plays. His leader isn't developing the way he wants, so he can't call the plays he wants in certain situations, so he calls other plays that just don't work. I don't see why this is so difficult to comprehend.

Edited by DreReed83