Shotty Jr Overplayed his hand

DC Grid

Great points. And thanks for an intelligent reply. It is nice to disagree respectfully and share logical yet opposing viewpoints.

To follow up on your point about Schotty not being at fault because Sanchez is not putting in the work. Isn't part of the position coaches job to find a way to motivate a player to put in the work? This could include showing him examples of other successful QBs and how they got there, it could include sceraming and yelling or it could be coddling. Whatever is needed. If he cannot motivate one QB, how is he going to be a HC and motivate an entire team?

I just don't think Sanchez has the talent and I felt that way when they overdrafted him

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great points. And thanks for an intelligent reply. It is nice to disagree respectfully and share logical yet opposing viewpoints.

To follow up on your point about Schotty not being at fault because Sanchez is not putting in the work. Isn't part of the position coaches job to find a way to motivate a player to put in the work? This could include showing him examples of other successful QBs and how they got there, it could include sceraming and yelling or it could be coddling. Whatever is needed. If he cannot motivate one QB, how is he going to be a HC and motivate an entire team?

Some sources are reporting that Sanchize has been diagnosed with Jarmacusrussel syndrome. This can be debilitating and all the player has left is his huge bank account, after all known treatments fail. Kind of sad really.

Some sources are reporting that Sanchize has been diagnosed with Jarmacusrussel syndrome. This can be debilitating and all the player has left is his huge bank account, after all known treatments fail. Kind of sad really.

I wonder if he is treating it with the "purple drank"?

Happy to see Bill Callahan also leave the AFC East to go coach for the Cowboys. I think that the limited success that the Jets offense did have should largely be attributed Callhan's blocking schemes. Tony Sporano is probably an upgrade over Shotty but I don't expect the Jet offense to improve until Sanchez improves his accuracy & decision making.

This guy knows QB's and he had a BIG hand in developing Philip Rivers and Drew Brees in San Diego. He was the QB coach in San Diego when Brees and Rivers were there. The fact that he can do that for Rivers and Brees tell me that he understands the game, the position and how to develop players. Sanchez couldn't do that.

These are all characteristics of a good coordinator and I know that he wanted to open up the offense but he couldn't because of Sanchez's incompetence. He couldn't do what he wanted to do because Sanchez sucked.

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe Brees and Rivers would've developed with ANYONE and that it was Brees and Rivers that actually made Brian look good? Sanchez, contrary to what you say, isn't a complete bum so maybe you should consider the alternative hypothesis before you proclaim Brian to be Tebow-like. :nana:

If Brian was such a genius he wouldn't have Sanchez throw 59 times in one game vs arguably the best pass rush in the league(the giants). Great gameplan! Maybe Brian should go backk to being a QB coach and leave the actual playcalling for those individuals who didn't rely on their last name to get them through the door.

Edited by bobobonators

Good point.

I really don't know what's going on up there MD. I just think sometimes we fans speak as if we know things we really don't.

And in fact, sometimes those closest to a situation have no idea either.

There's no shortage of people who've proven earlier judgements about them wrong… even when those judgements came from their immediate superiors.

I wonder if he is treating it with the "purple drank"?

Happy to see Bill Callahan also leave the AFC East to go coach for the Cowboys. I think that the limited success that the Jets offense did have should largely be attributed Callhan's blocking schemes. Tony Sporano is probably an upgrade over Shotty but I don't expect the Jet offense to improve until Sanchez improves his accuracy & decision making.

Wow. All things Jets and Raiders today.

Somewhere Al Davis is… doing something in his grave.

Like I said before. He doesn't trust his QB so he can't do his job the way he wants to. If you've ever held a management position and had people working under you, you would understand.

His job is to help develop his players, design the offense and call the plays. His leader isn't developing the way he wants, so he can't call the plays he wants in certain situations, so he calls other plays that just don't work. I don't see why this is so difficult to comprehend.

Sounds like he cant make adjustments to the players around him. If a plyer doesnt fit his scheme then he cant work with them?

Perhaps he picked the improper job title, but you really just whiffed when it came to your point. Somewhere in that chain of command there's a guy that's supposed to be highly qualified and a leader, and if you put someone that isn't ready there and MUST work with them - it makes everyone around that position, including his superior, look bad

That's what military training is for. Sticking with the fighter pilot example, if they can't cut it in training, they are put in another career field. My last base was a pilot training base. I remember many officers being sent to other schools after dropping out of the program.

When he declined even an interview to to be the Bills coach I knew this guy was an arrogant idiot. He wanted to return to the Jets and it got him an 8-8 record, missing the playoffs, and out of job with them. He screwed himself in the end. Poetic justice.

He declined to be interviewed bu the Bills because his dad wanted the Bills job and Ralph didn't want to hear about it. Marty has only won 500 games more in this league than Chan Gailey.

He is a very good coordinator who got his team into two conference championship games with an average quarterback. The Jets will miss him.

Dante Whittner, Brian Schottenheimer... sheesh everyone is always hating around here. I'll tell you what I hate...LOSING!

That's what military training is for. Sticking with the fighter pilot example, if they can't cut it in training, they are put in another career field. My last base was a pilot training base. I remember many officers being sent to other schools after dropping out of the program.

And that was most of my point is that Sanchez wasn't made to go through the whole training and was skipped ahead by his officers.

Based on the Daily News article, Sanchez was not handled properly and that he is not deserving of the position he was given.

It's an interesting situation because Schotty Jr is being painted as the poster boy for nepotism (which I can't argue, I don't know) but Sanchez seems like someone who has not paid his dues.

It's anyone's guess how much of the blame is Ryan's and how much is Schotty Jr's.

And that was most of my point is that Sanchez wasn't made to go through the whole training and was skipped ahead by his officers.

Based on the Daily News article, Sanchez was not handled properly and that he is not deserving of the position he was given.

It's an interesting situation because Schotty Jr is being painted as the poster boy for nepotism (which I can't argue, I don't know) but Sanchez seems like someone who has not paid his dues.

It's anyone's guess how much of the blame is Ryan's and how much is Schotty Jr's.

Lets not be silly. The jets traded UP to get Sanchez and paid him a pretty penny. The Jets went to the AFC championship game back-to-back years with Sanchez at QB, and how many road playoff wins did he obtain in those two playoff runs? This was his 3rd year - not his 13th. His dues have been paid.

The only fool in NYC that has "not paid his dues" is fatass Rex Ryan.

Sanchez's biggest problems are as follows: 1. He plays QB in NYC; 2. Rex Ryan is writing checks that Sanchez can't cash (yet). When your HC has a fat mouth and talks about Super Bowl victories in April to the NYC media, there's only one plausible outcome: crash and burn.

I personally hate the Jets and laugh whenever Sanchez throws an INT. The Jets' biggest problem however is not Sanchez. The rotting head on that fat fish is Rex Ryan.

Edited by bobobonators

Not according to several of his teammates.

Don't count pro-bowl center Mangold amongst them.

“That’s the thing that really bothered me about the article,” Mangold said. “It was saying that he was lazy and didn’t put the work in, felt complacent. It couldn’t be more further from the truth. The guy puts in more work and more time, cares more about the team than anybody else in that locker room. For someone to come out and say that and not put their name behind it really bothered me.”

“Mark Sanchez is my guy,” Mangold said. “He’s the one I want to go into battle with. I wouldn’t be too keen to see that being changed.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/mangold_backs_sanchez_against_claims_leJLkeYE3YY9kwkURuODdM#ixzz1jCiFQpNW

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Don't count pro-bowl center Mangold amongst them.

“That’s the thing that really bothered me about the article,” Mangold said. “It was saying that he was lazy and didn’t put the work in, felt complacent. It couldn’t be more further from the truth. The guy puts in more work and more time, cares more about the team than anybody else in that locker room. For someone to come out and say that and not put their name behind it really bothered me.”

“Mark Sanchez is my guy,” Mangold said. “He’s the one I want to go into battle with. I wouldn’t be too keen to see that being changed.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.co...M#ixzz1jCiFQpNW

Thanks for posting, Joe.

Very interesting.

Unnamed sources vs Mangold.

The New York Daily News vs The New York Post.

Makes you wonder where the truth really lies.

Unnamed sources my guess a) the defense who think they can do no wrong and b) holmes who probably feels either he or Sanchez won't be around next year.

I don't think Sanchez will ever be elite. I see him a more of a glorified jake plummet. Not bad but not elite, which seems like a prerequisite for a ring. But I do think he's getting way more blame than he deserves.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack