Bills draft

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelsay is decent as a DE...Sure Upshaw might be able to play DE, or 4-3 LB in the NFL...But are the Bills really going to draft a guy like that and force him to change position? I just think his greatest value is at 3-4 OLB...

The Bills need to stop drafting players out of position and then trying to fit them into the new position...They have failed miserably in the past decade.....

Trade the top 3 picks this year and top 2 next year to the Rams for rights to second pick......draft RG3......win a couple SB's despite not having the best team in those years.....increase value of franchise.......get a new stadium in WNY in ten years......nobody remembers who the Rams took with all those precious picks.

I'm with you DD. They don't have the stones to pull this off, but I too think it would work out just like you predict. Plus it would be a brilliant move on the part of Nix and Chan, because a rookie QB would buy them each another few years.

Buuut it won't happen, and you and I know it.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

I was under the impression that he puts his hand a ground quite often. A little more weight and he could be a 4-3 DE. I just liked his instinct and even more importantly his size. Thats a pretty big guy to get straight out of college. I mean, he can't be worse than Kelsay :nana:

I'd take Upshaw over Couples. Couples is lazy, takes plays off, etc. No thanks. We cannot miss on the first round pick. He could turn out to be great, but there is tooo much risk that is not there with Upshaw. Overall I'd perfer Whitney Mercilus from Illinois or Devon Still from PSU over either IMO.

I think you guys are WAY too hung up on the 4-3 vs 3-4 thing.

The defense has sucked because they haven't had enough good players.

When they get a critical mass of good players and better coaching, the defense will be good.

What scheme they play and whether or not they switch it (even more than once) is much ado about nothing.

It's a red herring, IMO.

Completely agreed. Most/all NFL teams run a number of different schemes throughout each game.

In the playoff game vs the Steelers, the Broncos spent most of the day only rushing 3 guys (one being LB Miller). It was basically a 2-3 Nickel package.

Just get the best, nastiest players available for your defense and get them on the field.