Report: Indy Colts' short list for new GM includes ...

merlin

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wait. Now we have to lock up Doug Whaley. Typical Bills to let such an up-and-coming talent walk out the door. I mean just yesterday they were going to promote that loser Doug Whaley from within the organization to take over for Buddy Nix when he retires. :blink:

PTR

Promo,

I am not sure what the Bills could have done in this situation unless Whaley is promoted to GM of this organization. Is Buddy Ready to step down and promote Whaley from inside. And if Whaley does become the GM, does he have a say in who his HC will be...May be Gailey is not his guy.

He can't bolt, he's under contract. Typcially NFL won't stop a person from interviewing for a position that is a promotion which in this case GM would clearly be. However if the Bills can show that come May 1st, he'll be their next GM, I doubt the NFL would force the Bill's to let him go. Or the Bill's may allow him to go, but Indy sends the Bills some draft picks (and no I don't expect it to be the #1 pick)

Interesting. If I were Whaley, I would bolt. You get the #1 overall pick in the draft, and a chance to hire your own coach and make a mark on the organization. Plus, Indy is a nice city to live in.

It's a GM dream job.