Gailey REALLY should be fired

Going 10-22 over two seasons is grounds for dismissal.

Losing 9 of your last ten games in your second season after starting out 5-2 is grounds for dismissal.

Losing 49-21 to your most hated rival after leading by 21 points is grounds for dismissal.

Running a ridicuosly predictable spread passing attack without the proper personnel when you have a very solid running attack is retarded!

I honestly just don't think this guy is a winner, and I dont think he can get us to the promised land even with better personnel.

Chan seems best suited as a QB coach, maybe -MAYBE offensive coordinator, but he's not head coaching material.

BUT...I think he deserves one more year, not because he has shown anything, but because it would be detrimental to start over again after two seasons.

Thoughts?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing 9 of your last ten games in your second season after starting out 5-2 is grounds for dismissal.

Losing 49-21 to your most hated rival after leading by 21 points is grounds for dismissal.

Running a ridicuosly predictable spread passing attack without the proper personnel when you have a very solid running attack is retarded!

I honestly just don't think this guy is a winner, and I dont think he can get us to the promised land even with better personnel.

Chan seems best suited as a QB coach, maybe -MAYBE offensive coordinator, but he's not head coaching material.

BUT...I think he deserves one more year, not because he has shown anything, but because it would be detrimental to start over again after two seasons.

Thoughts?

I don't even believe this. God knows hew has done wonders for Fitzpatrick. He should be in the same trash pile as Johnson, Losman, Edwards, Brohm, Thigpen, Holcomb and every other half ass QB this team has signed since Kelly. This franchise is a joke.

Thoughts?

O.K.

This will set the team back 3,or 4 *more* years, but what the hey....

BTW, WHO do we get?????????????

NOBODY who was considered a good hire wanted to come to Buffalo when the job was open.

Gailey's only made two gaffes...

1) Hiring George Edawrsds as his DC

2) Compensating for that gaffe by hiring Wanny.

Yes, Edwards will get canned. But, mark my word, if the Bills turn over DC duties to Wanny, that's even worse. Two years into a transition to a 3-4 and then go the other direction to a 4-3 sets the team way back.

And lastly, why all the love for Wanny? Since his days with Jimmy Johnson ... 15 years ago, the dudes been a loser wherever he goes. And that includes Buffalo. Look it up if you don't believe me.

There is a difference between street smarts and book smarts.

It applies to the NFL. Gailey and guys like Norv Turner are book smart. Geniuses at thinking up plays and schemes. However, they are not street smart. They don't adapt to what's going on around them and find ways to be successful in playing the cards they get dealt.

That's been the systemic problem with Bills coaches whether it's Williams, Mularkey, Jauron or Gailey. None of them could adjust to the inevitable adjustments by the opposing team. Once they were figured out, the game was over.

Gailey should be fired because he has demonstrated a lack of properly adjusting the scheme and playcalling to available personnel, disposition of the game, and what the defense is giving you. Yesterday's lack of touches for the running backs is merely the most recent in a sea of examples of awful coaching.

Its a Funny thing I agree that the Bills going 10 - 22 in Gaileys 2 seasosn isnt good and you throw is the 8 game losing streaks and he has career loser written all over him. The Bills need to turn the page of lots of things and Chan Gailey is one of them ... !

90 Year Old Owner

70 Year Old GM

60 year Old re-tread Coach = 6-10

The Bills are who we Thought they were...

The Bills had their chance to hire greatness and passed on the opportunity - unfortunately for the Buffalo, the best head football coach in the country now will be working in Pullman, WA...

"I asked athletic director Bill Moos to select the best head football coach in the country and I am convinced that he has done exactly that," WSU president Elson S. Floyd said in a statement.

Link - Mike Leach agrees to coach Cougars

The Bills had their chance to hire greatness and passed on the opportunity - unfortunately for the Buffalo, the best head football coach in the country now will be working in Pullman, WA...

"I asked athletic director Bill Moos to select the best head football coach in the country and I am convinced that he has done exactly that," WSU president Elson S. Floyd said in a statement.

Link - Mike Leach agrees to coach Cougars

And how many college coaches successfully transition to the NFL?

Probably about the same percentage as those who fail, but I'm the wrong guy to ask - you need to ask Jim Harbaugh, Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, etc., etc.

Don't forget Lou Holtz and Nick Saban.

Overall I think Chan Gailey is a decent coach but his offensive play calling has left me puzzled on more than one occasion.We have consistantly seen him get away from the run too early in games,deep passes called when Fitz has clearly struggled with accuracy and an overall lack of adjustment in responce to the ebb and flow of the game.Opposing teams have made adjustments throughout the season in responce to our early success in games and Gaileys offence has struggled to respond.Is it time Coach gave up calling the plays during gametime?

I don't even believe this. God knows hew has done wonders for Fitzpatrick. He should be in the same trash pile as Johnson, Losman, Edwards, Brohm, Thigpen, Holcomb and every other half ass QB this team has signed since Kelly. This franchise is a joke.

yep. BTW Dick Jauron had a better record after 2 years...

Overall I think Chan Gailey is a decent coach but his offensive play calling has left me puzzled on more than one occasion.We have consistantly seen him get away from the run too early in games,deep passes called when Fitz has clearly struggled with accuracy and an overall lack of adjustment in responce to the ebb and flow of the game.Opposing teams have made adjustments throughout the season in responce to our early success in games and Gaileys offence has struggled to respond.Is it time Coach gave up calling the plays during gametime?

Do we know it's all on Chan, and Fitz isn't audiblizing to another play? I'm sure he has free reign to change a call after Gailey has made comments about their chemistry on and off the field.