If the Bills make any major changes, when do they do so.

San-O

The team waits until some time has passed, does some internal review, and after all the real players have made their moves, the Bills come up with some shockingly uninspired personnel moves.

What happens and when does it happen.

Edwards released, or how do you justify keeping him?

And when.

I think if they let Edwards go, it will be done gracefully. He will find another job, or they will shuffle the duties between Edwards and Wannstedt. They won't "fire" him in some obvious way. He is a friend of Gailey, and the Bills don't want the perception that coaches are on a short leash.

If Edwards is going, it'll probably be a week or two from now after when they've done a season review.

If Buddy Nix is retiring, which is based on a rumor of a FO shake-up per a national writer (there was thread on this last week), I'd expect that within the next few weeks as they prepare to either interview for GMs or promote Whaley, which is speculated (and follows Ralph's MO of bringing in someone at a lesser title, letting them look around for a little while and then promoting them).

What follows will probably tell us more about whether Ralph's bean-counters Littman and Overdorf run this show rather than the football people. I'm not going to be surprised because I know the answer. And I would say it has a lot to do with influencing Nix's decision; I wouldn't want to work with handcuffs on at age 70+.

But you know, after a game like that, I wouldn't be especially saddened if the whole staff went.

If the Red Sox fired Terry Francona after the epic slide in September, the 8/10 game slide for Gailey and the 49-points unanswered and the maddening 5-WR sets when CJ was getting 6-8 yards a clip on running plays is more than enough to can Chan.

It's just... what could we get as a replacement that's any better, as any candidate knows he has to contend with Ralph's bag-men before he can get anybody worth getting. This team is so far away it's depressing.

I think if they let Edwards go, it will be done gracefully. He will find another job, or they will shuffle the duties between Edwards and Wannstedt. They won't "fire" him in some obvious way. He is a friend of Gailey, and the Bills don't want the perception that coaches are on a short leash.

Wasn't Edwards on the short list for a HC college job? That would make his exit smooth for gailey

I remember reading something about that. I have been hoping that happens, it would be the best scenario for everyone.

That would be called the Fairchild exit strategy.

To the OP's point, I just can't see anything changing beyond Edwards being the sacrificial lamb to RW. This is a franchise that retained DJ after a 2-8 finish, so Gailey isn't going anywhere nor is Fitzpatrick owing to financial reasons.

The only thing I might see happening besides Edwards' axing is Nix stepping down to give way to Whaley within the next 7-10 days.