Positional Needs for DraftTek

Astrobot

http://www.drafttek.com/teamneeds2012.asp

The above positional needs drive which players are selected by DraftTek's computer. It's given us Courtney Upshaw the last 2 times. As you can see, we have OLB34 listed as our P1 need (you can only have one P1 need). Would you change any other need? Explanation of P1, P2, P3, P4, P6, and P9 is here

Questions:

1. Is featured wide receiver (WRF) a top need? I have it as P2, or second-tier just under OLB. Is it higher than QB, which I have as P3?

2. Is LT really a P2 need and RT a P4 need?

3. Is CB a P2 need or a P3? Would you take a second OLB before taking a CB?

Edited by Astrobot

CB P3, LT P3 maybe P4. RT P4 or 5. WRF P3 maybe P2.

CB we need only need to worry about because of the contracts and durability of who we have.

LT we need to find one and hopefully can salvage a RT out of what we have left, otherwise I believe FA may yield better results that will have a richer impact.

WRF will depend on what we see today. If we can believe after todays game that we have options to be our 4th WR then do we really need to draft someone? Won't we be able to put Spiller in the backfield and option Freddy to the flanker? Spiller might be able to command enough of a threat to do so with his recent success.

QB we only need to worry about in the top 10, if there is a top 2 QB there and even then, will he be any better then Thigpen or Fitz? It is debatable, RGIII is not an option in this offense.

Its just me, but Id put QB #1, because if Luck or RG3 is [somehow] there at our pick the team would and should take one of them.

OLB, then LT [bell is a FA and always hurt and I haven't heard anything about resigning him] then WR.

The above positional needs drive which players are selected by DraftTek's computer. It's given us Courtney Upshaw the last 2 times. As you can see, we have OLB34 listed as our P1 need (you can only have one P1 need). Would you change any other need? Explanation of P1, P2, P3, P4, P6, and P9 is here

Questions:

1. Is featured wide receiver (WRF) a top need? I have it as P2, or second-tier just under OLB. Is it higher than QB, which I have as P3?

I like your rankings!

Only thing I might do is rearrange so we get BPA at OLB or WR in the first, and move QB down one.

OLB34 and WRF as our only P2s.

Then have LT, CB, QB (backup), and DE34 as our P3s.

Then Id stick with your rankings the rest of the way.

I also wouldnt argue with moving LT to P2 as well.

Edited by DrDareustein

QB we only need to worry about in the top 10, if there is a top 2 QB there and even then, will he be any better then Thigpen or Fitz? It is debatable, RGIII is not an option in this offense.

It is debatable...but, how is RGIII not an option in this offense? I'd rather have Luck or RGIII, than a career backup noodle arm!

QB

OLB

CB

LT

NT

TE

WR

exactly!

Questions:

WRF is a top need, but it is still just below OLB. QB I would move to P4, because Fitz still has two years left before we can release him without doing serious damage to our cap.

LT is a P4 need at most, with hairston still under contract. Should Bell be resigned, I would move it to P5.

CB is a P3 need, and yes, I would draft a 2nd OLB first if the right one is available.

It is debatable...but, how is RGIII not an option in this offense? I'd rather have Luck or RGIII, than a career backup noodle arm!

exactly!

No way is RGIII going to be available. He might not even be available at 3. The question is do you take whoever is (at best) the 3rd best QB in the draft? I say absolutely not. Too many needs. Fix up the D. I want some beast LBs, which might actually be there when we pick.