a re-examination leads to the right call

dave mcbride

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/12/28/tim.tebow.interceptions.ap/index.html?sct=nfl_t2_a9

At the time, I thought it was clearly a fumble and not an INT. Glad they got it right in the end.

Sounds like they got it right but I REALLY don't think Kelsay looks any better because of any of those stats. The game was a fluke. Every sack was just Tebow being pathetic and dropping back way too far and getting blindsided. The tactics Kelsay uses will not work against any legitimate QBs and more importantly, Kelsay is a huge liability on running plays and screen passes. It's all edge rushing and he isn't very fast or powerful. He lacks any type of "inside move" so most plays he gets completely taken out. As long as he is on this team, they will be close to dead last in "rushing yards against" because he is so easy to exploit. They will also be last in QB sacks because he doesn't get his share. With a monster like Dareus getting double teamed all day, I'd expect that OLB position would have generated 10+ sacks and countless pressures, but it hasn't been there. The Bills would be smart to draft his replacement with the 1st pick.

Sounds like they got it right but I REALLY don't think Kelsay looks any better because of any of those stats. The game was a fluke. Every sack was just Tebow being pathetic and dropping back way too far and getting blindsided. The tactics Kelsay uses will not work against any legitimate QBs and more importantly, Kelsay is a huge liability on running plays and screen passes. It's all edge rushing and he isn't very fast or powerful. He lacks any type of "inside move" so most plays he gets completely taken out. As long as he is on this team, they will be close to dead last in "rushing yards against" because he is so easy to exploit. They will also be last in QB sacks because he doesn't get his share. With a monster like Dareus getting double teamed all day, I'd expect that OLB position would have generated 10+ sacks and countless pressures, but it hasn't been there. The Bills would be smart to draft his replacement with the 1st pick.

First of all, a first-round pick is not necessarily a guaranteed solution. We've had too many busts. Secondly, we have a sufficient number of needs on this team that if an OLB is not there or within a reasonable reach of our 1st-rounder, we can draft another position and it will still help.

Correct.

I said that while I was watching the game. The announcers were going on about it - it was clearly a fumble.

Helps Kelsay's stats. Doesn't hurt Johnson too much - he still gets a TD at least.

It doesn't hurt Johnson, but I still want him out of the OLB position.

Edited by jjmac

First of all, a first-round pick is not necessarily a guaranteed solution. We've had too many busts. Secondly, we have a sufficient number of needs on this team that if an OLB is not there or within a reasonable reach of our 1st-rounder, we can draft another position and it will still help.

Stop making sense, you'll just confuse them!!!

Perhaps he'll get some incentives for having a great season. :devil:

Yes, yes there was. Line 14b on page two of his contract states, and I quote, "If Mr. Kelsay ever records three sacks or more in one game he is guaranteed an overpaid roster spot until he is at least 40 and upon retirement will be immediately added to the wall of fame."