Darren Sproles

dave mcbride

Now that was a helluva pick by Smith/Nix - 4th round in 2005. Since Nix oversaw scouting, I assume he deserves some credit for that one. He's leading the league in all purpose yards, has 81 catches, and is averaging 7.0 ypc rushing.

I loved Sproles coming out of college, but thought he'd get killed within a couple years. Good to see him still kicking butt! He was a blast to watch in college.

He's small, but he has a solid core and very thick thighs. I think he's built solidly enough.

He's certainly proven he can handle it. I just remember thinking he was TINY when I saw him play college ball. Didn't think he'd stand a chance in the NFL.

I read or heard somewhere that Brees actually talked Sproles into going to New Orleans.

Take note Buddy, good players attract other good players.

Yup. Much like merriman brought Barnett. It snowballs when you get guys. Probowlers spend a week together getting to know each other. Of course brees and sproles were teammates in SD too, but you get the point.

Sproles was no slouch either

He was also "NoSaint".

Barnett was a great pickup, but the Merriman connection is dubious. When Detroit took someone else (Tullich?), the Bills were Barnett's likely only option.

Edited by Mr. WEO

He was also "NoSaint".

Barnett was a great pickup, but the Merriman connection is dubious. When Detroit took someone else (Tullich?), the Bills were Barnett's likely only option.

I'm not going to look it up and provide a link but I remember reading Barnett saying that talking to Merriman had a effect on him coming. I'm sure there are teams out there that could have used him this year. Options may have been limited, but we were not his only choice.