Colin Brown

Just because he's in the lineup doesn't mean he can be a consistent NFL player. I'm sick of rationalizing and looking for bright spots on a guy's resume. Chances are......he's a bum who wouldn't make another NFL squad.

Merry Christmas.

After I had a chance to review the Bills game I noticed this guy on almst every play push the dt at least 5 yds back and get to the second level on few other plays. He also did a good job in pass pro. I think we have something in this kid. The guy is huge he looks like a OT playing center. I'm looking forward to seeing him play against Vince Wilfork in the season finale.

Agreed. The guy can play.

Makes me think we have solid depth on the o-line.

5 solid starters, and then Brown, Rhinehart, and Hairston as back-ups.

Actually.....I dont think we have a problem on the offensive line....that is just people looking for a reason for our skid.....the reasons for our skid

- Lots of injuries

- Piss poor play by the defense all year

- Fitz play falling off

- Lack of quality offensive weapons finally showing up

- Worst LB core in the leage

I liked what I saw in Brown....and we need to keep the exact same OL for next year...starters and reserves. Just get some wide receivers that can beat press coverage besides ST and play Spiller more reps

EVERYTHING else should go towards the defense

Actually.....I dont think we have a problem on the offensive line....that is just people looking for a reason for our skid.....the reasons for our skid

- Lots of injuries

- Piss poor play by the defense all year

- Fitz play falling off

- Lack of quality offensive weapons finally showing up

- Worst LB core in the leage

I liked what I saw in Brown....and we need to keep the exact same OL for next year...starters and reserves. Just get some wide receivers that can beat press coverage besides ST and play Spiller more reps

EVERYTHING else should go towards the defense

I disagree, John. I've said this before and I'll say it again: We need for camp cuts to hurt. Like, really hurt. Like, "afraid we will lose somebody we want to another team" hurt. I want to be in a situation where our worst players would make and could even start for another team. The competition should hit another level. There will be injuries (probably three of them all at once to Demetrius Bell) and you never know when they will hit. Hopefully, they hit you infrequently and you are able to hide some of these players on the PS. But if they do nothing on the OL, especially when Bell can't stay healthy, I'll be a bit pissed.

I disagree, John. I've said this before and I'll say it again: We need for camp cuts to hurt. Like, really hurt. Like, "afraid we will lose somebody we want to another team" hurt. I want to be in a situation where our worst players would make and could even start for another team. The competition should hit another level. There will be injuries (probably three of them all at once to Demetrius Bell) and you never know when they will hit. Hopefully, they hit you infrequently and you are able to hide some of these players on the PS. But if they do nothing on the OL, especially when Bell can't stay healthy, I'll be a bit pissed.

Well then, expect to be pissed. Outside of maybe a mid-round pick and possibly re-signing Bell to a reasonable deal, I don't see much changing on the OL.

Do you think it would hurt to cut Chad Rinehart or Colin Brown next year?

Do you think that cutting these players is the same as cutting Cordaro Howard and Mansfield Wrotto? Ed Wang?

Is it possible that many Bills fans are assuming that these guys (Urbik, Rinehart, Pears, Brown, Chandler) are not good players simply because we picked them up as street free agents or off of waivers?

Do you think that many of the Bills fans that were clamoring for Tyson Clabo (I was one of them) are aware that Clabo was an undrafted player who didn't achieve any noteworthy career success ( 2010 Pro Bowl alternate) until his 7th season and his 5th team?

I think many fans form opinions about offensive linemen without really knowing the truth about many of the players they comment on.

I also think many fans form opinions about players based on where they were drafted and don't change their opinion about that player until it becomes too obvious to ignore.

There were MANY posters on this board who viewed Fred Jackson as a journeyman even though there was a small core of posters who thought it was obvious that he was an excellent player.

edit: BTW, consider the possibility that Erik Pears and Tyson Clabo are not very much different as players.

Based on Pears' performance against Von Miller and Clabo's performance against the Saints tonight, I would say that the above sentence is not a stretch.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

I am not seeing it just yet.

This kid was on the roster when Wood went down and they moved Levitre to center. That did not work out and they moved Urbik to center. They had two opportunites to play this kid and they did not.

What I saw was a decent effort so I give him that. Lets remember the Denver defense was missing key players. We still did nothing in the red zone and nothing on short yardage situations.

Yes, he is big and he has tats. <_< . If he plays well against Wilfork then we might have something here.

This kid was on the roster when Wood went down and they moved Levitre to center. That did not work out and they moved Urbik to center. They had two opportunites to play this kid and they did not.

What I saw was a decent effort so I give him that. Lets remember the Denver defense was missing key players. We still did nothing in the red zone and nothing on short yardage situations.

Yes, he is big and he has tats. <_< . If he plays well against Wilfork then we might have something here.

Denver's defense wasn't missing any key players, until Dawkins went out somewhere in the 2nd quarter. But he's a safety.

Do you think it would hurt to cut Chad Rinehart or Colin Brown next year?

Do you think that cutting these players is the same as cutting Cordaro Howard and Mansfield Wrotto? Ed Wang?

Is it possible that many Bills fans are assuming that these guys (Urbik, Rinehart, Pears, Brown, Chandler) are not good players simply because we picked them up as street free agents or off of waivers?

Do you think that many of the Bills fans that were clamoring for Tyson Clabo (I was one of them) are aware that Clabo was an undrafted player who didn't achieve any noteworthy career success ( 2010 Pro Bowl alternate) until his 7th season and his 5th team?

I think many fans form opinions about offensive linemen without really knowing the truth about many of the players they comment on.

I think based on one game, it's premature to say it would hurt to cut Colin Brown, and I think Rhinehart is serviceable, but if an upgrade were available, why not take it? I didn't necessarily say though that I think a mid-rounder, street free agent, or UDFA would be a bad pickup and not an upgrade. Good OL come from plenty of different avenues.

My only point is that the good teams NEVER stop looking for upgrades. The moment you think you are set is the moment that you lose someone that you thought you were going to be relying upon all year. This game is too violent, too unpredictable to operate in any other way.

I think they can surely keep the guys they have, but if they are content and aren't looking to get better and deeper, then shame on them.

NFN but a key for a drive block is for the center to to get underneath your opponent for push, the lower the better to maintain leverage. Thus raising the center of gravity and creating the backwards momentum on the opponent.

Usually why the interior linemen aren't that tall, plus it also makes it harder for the QB to throw over at 6'7''

But hey, whatever works :D

I think based on one game, it's premature to say it would hurt to cut Colin Brown, and I think Rhinehart is serviceable, but if an upgrade were available, why not take it? I didn't necessarily say though that I think a mid-rounder, street free agent, or UDFA would be a bad pickup and not an upgrade. Good OL come from plenty of different avenues.

My only point is that the good teams NEVER stop looking for upgrades. The moment you think you are set is the moment that you lose someone that you thought you were going to be relying upon all year. This game is too violent, too unpredictable to operate in any other way.

I think they can surely keep the guys they have, but if they are content and aren't looking to get better and deeper, then shame on them.

I agree completely.

I don't view O-line as their primary need, but if the best player on the board is an offensive lineman, the Bills would do well to take him.

oThis kid was on the roster when Wood went down and they moved Levitre to center. That did not work out and they moved Urbik to center. They had two opportunites to play this kid and they did nt.

Let`s face it here, The Bills always had a problem spotting and developing talent whether it was threw the draft or even players on our own team. It took 3 injuries to get Jabri Greer on the field for us and when he did he never lost the starting job while he was on the Bills or even with the Saints for that matter. Coaches and management make mistakes all the time evaluating talent, lots of players slip threw the cracks all the time.

Now i`m not gonna go on the limb here and say that Colin Brown is gonna be the next Nick Mangold but its good to see the kid step on the field and start mualing people. I`ll tell u what i would love to see this guy on some tackle eligable plays next year.