trade rb jackson?

nuklz2594

Trade Jackson - we're just going to lose him next season, anyway. Pool Jackson with our 1st round pick (and maybe a late rounder) and move up to take FRANCHISE QB. We are not going anywhere without a franchise QB. Sure we'll be competitive some weeks, but we're never really going to be in contention. Look at the teams that have top-tier QBs - NE, NO, GB, Ind, Pit - when their QBs are healthy, they're always making the playoffs and oftentimes playing in the SB. Few teams with average QBs are making late season pushes. If you're happy with mediocrity, stay the course. I like Fitz, but he's not the long term answer - that is obvious. Do something in free agency and move up to take a QB that will make us competitive for the next decade (or longer). Enough is enough.

I don't see Jackson going anywhere. You need two good running backs and Choice is not the choise. Jackson and spiller together gives the Bills the backfield they need. As a 3o year old RB (that's old for a RB), Jackson's trade value is not very high and certainly not as high as his worth is to the Bills. I don't see the Bills getting any more for him then they got for Lynch when he was traded.

Why will he walk when he is still under contract?

Geez, people, even bothering to read a few posts in this thread would help one avoid such idiotic statements.

I meant next season. I misspoke. Sorry if that makes me an idiot in your eyes. Well, I don't really care about what you think so I'm not really that sorry...

Edited by vincec

Trading Jackson this off season would be extremely stupid. Fred maybe 30, but his performance each year appears to easily eclipse his previous year's production. One can argue that he has not even played his best football yet.

ya in the depression of a disappointing season I think we have over looked just how good Fred is. He was arguably the best back in the league, and he can do EVERYTHING. I think we've watched CJ get better and better, and that is encouraging but Fred is something else - again beyond belief. The age thing is a barrier I would trade him for a #2 or a cluster of picks or a pass rushing LB-DE or a true number one wide out. Otherwise keep him and we have a very good one-two punch for a couple more years.

ALSO Lynch- I always like his effort running style and he's had a good year especially fantasy numbers but it's his contract year. He has questionable character which some seem to forget - he wrote his own ticket out of town. I wouldn't take him back over Fred or Spiller right now.

:worthy:

I'd trade him in the offseason if you can get decent value. He's too old to rely on and is unlikely to stay healthy for a full season going forward. How many 31+ yr old rbs do you remember making the probowl? Spiller is the future. If you can get a second or third for fred, ship him off to a contender. He'd be a great fit for someone like new england.

I suggest that there are no untouchable 30 year olds on a 6-10 team. That defense is soooo overmatched, despite the fact that Jackson is a great player and I love him, I would absolutely trade him for a second or even a package including a 3 rd if it helps build that Defense.

Be smart. Jackson will never be on a playoff Bills team, so why not entertain offers. That being said. He'll get signed to a Leino contract an blow out his knee in week 3.