2012 Free Agent Market

GoBills!

None. Buddy Nix sat right there and told all of us, we will NOT be spenders in Free Agency. We were 4th in cap room, there were guys out there that could have helped this team and he said no. I like building through the draft but its obvious Nix can't do it.

WHEN a new Owner is here, all the staff, all the coaches and 1/2 this roster will be gutted, IF the new owner cares about winning.

Dwan edwards

merriman

Barnett

Nice.

But more like this --- Buddy declares "we will build through the draft and sign our own". Then we let Bell and Johnson walk away while Buddy takes a nap for the first week of free agency.

After Buddy wakes up he goes after one decent player and provides good bargaining leverage for that guy to get a nice deal on his current team.

Next, we look for players that Nix drafted in San Diego that are on their way out.

About a month later we sift throught the bargain bins and sign some Georgia Tech guys that are floating around other teams practice squads. Maybe Whaley could lure a few 3rd stringers from Pittsburgh to help us out? That way Chan can fill enough holes just to have a camp.

By the middle of camp Brandon, Wilson and Nix all provide their versions of the "be patient" speech.

Going from the Bills history, I believe Bob hit the nail on the head with this post.

I'm guessing we take the guy coming off another teams' IR list.

:w00t:.........:doh:..........:cry:.........:bag:

Buddy Nix....err, the 3 headed monster won't allow a top FA.... so yea, expect cuts from other teams to be signed.

P.S. Do the Bills currently have anymore #1 draft picks they can dump to save a buck?

Assuming, of course, that there is a plan to actually go after free agents....

I was just reading this post and came across your comment and it instantly brought me right back down to reality. :( There will be no big free agent signings in Buffalo. But I guess we can dream......... Maybe we'll get Peyton and Wayne?!?!?!

It's a great thought in the realm of fantasy but i don't see & Buddy has said he's not heavy in the free agency market . If he can find another Barnett , a guy that doesn't want an arm & a leg to play ball i could see it but a lot of those guys on the list will be either retained by the teams they are on or you will get an ego'd out owner like Jerry Jones that doesn't care about mortgaging everything he has just to bring a player which i for one don't think in a small market we need to do !!

I do agree with the Nix plan though !! Build through the draft & bring in some solid FA at a decent not an outrageous price !!

I for one think after this draft we will see a much better Bills team , with Williams , Merriman & hopefully Easley coming back healthy , the possibility of a few FA's & with the probability of us grabbing a pass rusher & a WR in the draft the Bills will take another step towards the play offs !!!

Nice.

But more like this --- Buddy declares "we will build through the draft and sign our own". Then we let Bell and Johnson walk away while Buddy takes a nap for the first week of free agency.

After Buddy wakes up he goes after one decent player and provides good bargaining leverage for that guy to get a nice deal on his current team.

Next, we look for players that Nix drafted in San Diego that are on their way out.

About a month later we sift throught the bargain bins and sign some Georgia Tech guys that are floating around other teams practice squads. Maybe Whaley could lure a few 3rd stringers from Pittsburgh to help us out? That way Chan can fill enough holes just to have a camp.

By the middle of camp Brandon, Wilson and Nix all provide their versions of the "be patient" speech.

I :lol: 'd...

But then I started to :cry: because I knew it was true ... B-)

I was just reading this post and came across your comment and it instantly brought me right back down to reality. :( There will be no big free agent signings in Buffalo. But I guess we can dream......... Maybe we'll get Peyton and Wayne?!?!?!

I like what we're doing now by building through the draft. That way, when our own FAs are due for new contracts, the money will be available.

A few things come to mind reading this thread. Nix was Pro Personnel director when SD made some high dollar signings. Now as Buffalo GM he says they'll build through the draft and he talks RW out of spending.

All of this policy sounds more like team restrictions and not the GM's philosophy. That said, Dwan Edwards was a good signing in addition to Barnett.

Nice.

and if you don't believe it works just look at the standings! :wallbash: