What the Bills Need

bisonbrigade

On Offense the heart of the team is the WR's. In the spread Offense they are the playmakers and if you run this offense you need at least four really good WR;s to make it work. This is one reason they are struggle is that there only really good reciever, Stevie Johnson s banged up. They need to draft two or three SPREAD WR's in this draft.

On Defense the heart of the team is the LB's. If you run a 3-4 defense this is your bread and butter. Barnett right now is the teams only quality LB. Sheppard might end up being the second, but everyone else stinks. There is no pass rush because the team does not have even one so-so OLB. The Bills need to draft two OLB's in the first four rounds.

So why would you not draft to fill those needs.

On Offense the heart of the team is the WR's. In the spread Offense they are the playmakers and if you run this offense you need at least four really good WR;s to make it work. This is one reason they are struggle is that there only really good reciever, Stevie Johnson s banged up. They need to draft two or three SPREAD WR's in this draft.

On Defense the heart of the team is the LB's. If you run a 3-4 defense this is your bread and butter. Barnett right now is the teams only quality LB. Sheppard might end up being the second, but everyone else stinks. There is no pass rush because the team does not have even one so-so OLB. The Bills need to draft two OLB's in the first four rounds.

So why would you not draft to fill those needs.

Sorry, but the heart of an NFL team is the QB. Kelly was the heart of the late 80's early 90's Bills, Brady is the heart of the Pats, Manning is the heart of the Colts (who btw went almost winless after averaging 12 wins the last five years).

This team needs to do whatever it takes to get either RG III or Barkley in the 2012 draft. They haven't been relevant in this league since Kelly left the building. Fitzpatrick's complete meltdown was and is the last straw for me. This team needs a franchise QB.

Sorry, but the heart of an NFL team is the QB. Kelly was the heart of the late 80's early 90's Bills, Brady is the heart of the Pats, Manning is the heart of the Colts (who btw went almost winless after averaging 12 wins the last five years).

This team needs to do whatever it takes to get either RG III or Barkley in the 2012 draft. They haven't been relevant in this league since Kelly left the building. Fitzpatrick's complete meltdown was and is the last straw for me. This team needs a franchise QB.

Thurman Thomas called, he said you might want to rethink that. Kelly was great, but without Thomas picking up blitzes and forcing the LB's and DB's to constantly worry about him, Kelly's numbers would be no where near what they are. Not to mention, Thomas has a shitload of receiving yards and YAC.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

Sorry, but the Bills do have a QB, and that is Fitz. His meltdown came when every week he lost another WR and now has taxi squad WR;s to throw to. Plus Fred Jackson and Wood is on the IR, Chandler hurt too. If he had Fred, Chandler, Parrish and Wood back plus two new stud rookie WR's you see a different player.

RG3 will be a bust, I would bet my Bills bumper Sticker on it.

Sorry, but the Bills do have a QB, and that is Fitz. His meltdown came when every week he lost another WR and now has taxi squad WR;s to throw to. Plus Fred Jackson and Wood is on the IR, Chandler hurt too. If he had Fred, Chandler, Parrish and Wood back plus two new stud rookie WR's you see a different player.

Yes we do have a QB and that QB is Fitz, as of right now. I thought that Fitz could possibly be the answer early in the year, servicable enough to get us to the playoffs anyway. I was completely wrong. He does not have the arm strength or the consistent accuracy once you get past 15-20 yards downfield. He is successful getting the ball out quickly on timing routes, but he struggles when having to give things that extra second to develop. Those are the deeper throws that you never know what you are going to get with him. He also displays bad footwork many times, tries to throw off of his back foot, and is just off balance in general leading to inaccurate throws. Some would say the line is making it to where he has to do such things, but that's not always the case. A lot of times he has just gotten too excited in the pocket for no apparent reason. Bottom line, we are still in need of a franchise QB.

Couldn't disagree more. RG3 is the real deal. Just watch him play in the bowl game, then tell me what you think. Fitz was playing way over his head and has come crashing back to earth. Yes, there have been a slew of injuries, but they have absolutely zero to do with him not being able to connect with wide open receivers. His inaccuracy is the problem, not the WR's. This team desperately needs a QB, and Fitz ain't him.

I've always thought that a QB is only as good as his WRs and vice versa. If a receiver does not have the speed to get open or the hands to catch those non-perfectly thrown balls, it does not matter how good your QB is. On the other hand, if the WR has all those traits and the QB still can't get them the ball, it does not matter how good your WR is. The same could be said for the RB and the offensive line relationship.

I guess my point is, the offense needs ALL of these things to be successful. The Bills are not there yet. GOOD draft picks and GOOD free agents pickups help get you there. The thing that brings all this together is GOOD coaching. I think we have the QB (Fitz), I thinks we have the RBs (Fred and CJ). The Bills just need a healthy cohesive offensive line (for a whole year) and a few more good receivers and they may have something. I am still iffy on the coaching but I am not ready to throw Chan to the wolves yet.

I just read this back to myself and it sounds too simplistic but I still think its true. I guess its just tough to win in the NFL.

<snip> A lot of times he has just gotten too excited in the pocket for no apparent reason. Bottom line, we are still in need of a franchise QB.

I've seen too many unblocked defender's on the pass rush so I believe Fitz has to be a little and/or a lot jittery/excited. The inteception he threw last week he looked scared as he was duckin the defender after he unloaded a poor pass. That being said, he underthrew a potential TD 2 weeks ago and overthrew a potential TD last week. You have to take advantage of those oppurtunities when they happen. So yeah, I do agree with your bottom line.

Thurman Thomas called, he said you might want to rethink that. Kelly was great, but without Thomas picking up blitzes and forcing the LB's and DB's to constantly worry about him, Kelly's numbers would be no where near what they are. Not to mention, Thomas has a shitload of receiving yards and YAC.

I think we also heard from the defense, they think they had something to do with the team's success. Without Bruuuuuuuce, Biscuit, and Talley to get the stop and get the ball back to the offense, Kelly's numbers would be no where near what they are.

Kelly also had two tough, well-coached quality receivers and two servicable receivers, plus a quality TE and Thurman.

Sorry, but the heart of an NFL team is the QB.

The QB may be the heart, but without the lungs and the aorta, oxygen doesn't get to the arms and legs and they don't move too well.

I live in St Louis. I think Bradford has the capability to be the heart of a team

And the 2011 Rams show just how putrid the heart can look when the lungs and aorta aren't working properly.

Keep in mind Bradford is a genuine, franchise-quality QB who was drafted #1 overall. Last year he was NFL AP "Rookie of the Year", he looked that poised, that good, that pro-game-ready.

The Rams missed the playoffs by a hair, in a weak conference true, but still, it was exciting.

This year, without a quality OL and quality receivers and with questionable play calling and coaching, he's rocking an equal number of TD and INTs and a mighty QB rating of 70.5 with 53.5% completion percentage.

And this is a genuine franchise-quality QB, peeps, Heisman winner, rookie of the year winner, drafted #1 overall.

This is what happens when you have a genuine franchise QB playing "run for your life" and under pressure with a questionable coach after having been "tossed into the frying pan" of being an NFL starter.

It's year 2, and people are putting his stats next to stats of crummy QBs and starting to use the B-word.

I get so aggravated with all the TBD posters who think you can put a QB in a vacuum bag with nothing around him and he'll magically make the team a winner.

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: .......Fitz lacks the arm and accuracy to make it in this league.....I am sure there are tons of WR's from the NCAA who can run routes and catch.........This is on the Fitzter bro....sorry to say.....watch the games again and pay attention to the easy routes that sail on him.......I like the guy and supported him but he is and will always be a career backup....I will bet my Bills bumper sticker on it...

If I'm not mistaken Thomas was 80-85% of that late 80- early 90 Buffalo Bills offense, and in most years the bills ran the ball more often then they threw it.

Comparatively, Dan Marino called and he wishes he had Thurman Thomas on his Dolphin teams all those years

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: .......Fitz lacks the arm and accuracy to make it in this league.....I am sure there are tons of WR's from the NCAA who can run routes and catch.........This is on the Fitzter bro....sorry to say.....watch the games again and pay attention to the easy routes that sail on him.......I like the guy and supported him but he is and will always be a career backup....I will bet my Bills bumper sticker on it...

Fitz has played well against Big name teams like Pittsburgh and Baltimore last year and New England this year. Thats when he had healthy WR's.

I've seen too many unblocked defender's on the pass rush so I believe Fitz has to be a little and/or a lot jittery/excited. The inteception he threw last week he looked scared as he was duckin the defender after he unloaded a poor pass.

The Bills are tied for 1st (with Tennessee) in Sacks allowed...If Fitz is jittery/excited he needs to find a new job...Because most NFL QB's are being pressured FAR more... B-)