Stevie Johnson: After the INT

Not sure if anyone saw this with the blackout and all. Fitzy threw yet another underthrown, deep left pass to SJ in the 3rd quarter, resulting in an easy INT. What really bothered me, though, was SJ's reaction after the INT. First of all, he made no attempt to defend the pass from being picked off and no attempt to even tackle the CB. Then, after he realized it was intercepted, he just started bitching and flailing his arms, maybe calling for a flag?? I have no idea. He never even thought to touch the CB, who fell to the turf untouched, until it was too late. It didn't result in any return yarage, but I still think it's very telling how a WR reacts to an INT. Sure, the pass was bad, but it's one on one coverage. At least try to make a leap for it. At least TOUCH THE GUY. SJ couldn't be bothered. He just doesn't have his head in the game. TO took a lot of flak for doing the same thing 2 years ago, so I thought I'd mention it.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone saw this with the blackout and all. Fitzy threw yet another underthrown, deep left pass to SJ in the 3rd quarter, resulting in an easy INT. What really bothered me, though, was SJ's reaction after the INT. First of all, he made no attempt to defend the pass from being picked off and no attempt to even tackle the CB. Then, after he realized it was intercepted, he just started bitching and flailing his arms, maybe calling for a flag?? I have no idea. He never even thought to touch the CB, who fell to the turf untouched, until it was too late. It didn't result in any return yarage, but I still think it's very telling how a WR reacts to an INT. Sure, the pass was bad, but it's one on one coverage. At least try to make a leap for it. At least TOUCH THE GUY. SJ couldn't be bothered. He just doesn't have his head in the game. TO took a lot of flak for doing the same thing 2 years ago, so I thought I'd mention it.

Saw it. SJ has bigger problems with his game than that.

You don't have to try so hard to find something to complain about. It was yet another bad pass down a sideline. De ja vu all over again as it were. Stevie's head is in the game, Fitz just has to get the ball in his hands. The real question is, where is Fitz's head?

You don't have to try so hard to find something to complain about. It was yet another bad pass down a sideline. De ja vu all over again as it were. Stevie's head is in the game, Fitz just has to get the ball in his hands. The real question is, where is Fitz's head?

No issue with Johnson putting no effort into getting it, or at least preventing it from being intercepted?

T.O. would have been (and was if memory serves) tarred and feathered for that.

Definitely Deja Vu. Fitzy CANNOT make that deep left throw if his life depended on it. Not trying to excuse his play at all. It was awful. I just can't stand seeing a wide receiver screaming for flags when the play isn't even over. Very TO-esque.

Stevie is gone. He was clearly frustrated with Fitz and would have had 150 yards easily if a capable quarterback was throwing the ball. He was open downfield on a number of occasions where Fitz missed by 10 yards. There is no way he is coming back for more seasons like this. If they want to keep him, the Bills only chance is to franchise tag him for 1 year, draft a QB this year, and hope this new QB shows enough in the 1st year to convince Stevie to come back. I doubt that happens.

SJ was terribly off balance as a result of trying to come back to the ball. He stumbled and had NO chance of doing anything. That play to me was 100% on Fitz. The dude just can't throw the long ball with any accuracy anymore.

No issue with Johnson putting no effort into getting it, or at least preventing it from being intercepted?

T.O. would have been (and was if memory serves) tarred and feathered for that.

SJ was not in any position to effectively break that play up. Tarred and feathered. To my knowledge that does not happen anymore. Fitz owns these wonderful INTs that he throws, just accept it.

SJ was terribly off balance as a result of trying to come back to the ball. He stumbled and had NO chance of doing anything. That play to me was 100% on Fitz. The dude just can't throw the long ball with any accuracy anymore.

I feel like David Nelson would have came back to the ball to challenge the CB. This team needs more WRs like Nelson. How many passes to Nelson result in INTs? How many to SJ? I have lost count.

Edited by mountainwampus

Definitely Deja Vu. Fitzy CANNOT make that deep left throw if his life depended on it. Not trying to excuse his play at all. It was awful. I just can't stand seeing a wide receiver screaming for flags when the play isn't even over. Very TO-esque.

SJ is not TO. Fitz can't throw the deep ball. The past 7 games proves it.

I feel like David Nelson would have came back to the ball to challenge the CB. This team needs more WRs like Nelson. How many passes to Nelson result in INTs? How many to SJ? I have lost count.

They run a different package of routes between the 2. Coming back to the QB from a slant or curl is way different than coming back from a go or post route, especially when the ball is underthrown 10 to 15 yards.

So where is SJ's head when he drops TDs and long bombs that hit him in the hands with nobody withing 8 yards of him? Not even talking about last years drops just this years.

SJ is not TO. Fitz can't throw the deep ball. The past 7 games proves it.

They run a different package of routes between the 2. Coming back to the QB from a slant or curl is way different than coming back from a go or post route, especially when the ball is underthrown 10 to 15 yards.

Very true, but look at how good Nelson catches awful passes. He had an unreal one-handed grab on a crossing route that looked uncatchable. Fitzy needs BIG targets. SJ needs perfect throws. The chemistry is not there anymore. Chan needs to bury that deep left pass play. Spiller could've used more touches in that game.

Stevie Johnson is NOT a winning player.

Million Dollar Body, One Dollar Head

And aint worth a nickel. Resigning him will be a collossal mistake. Worse than the Fitz debacle.

Stevie was clearly frustrated with Fitzy all day. Fitzy threw terrible pass after terrible pass and really, gave his WRs today, no chance at making a play, epecially when he tried to get the ball to Stevie.

I don't think that Stevie is the problem. He is a diva at times, but so aren't half the other WRs in the NFL. Face it, in the NFL today, there is no such thing as a WR corp that are humble. You're not going to find it.

Exactly right. It's sad when Bills fans are as dumb as Soloman Wilcox.

The pass looked exactly like the 2 Fitz threw to lose the Giants game.

Thumbs down.... SJ is a monster if Fitz ever looks like an nfl qb again....thumbs down to all the Stevie and spiller doubters...

Stevie Johnson is NOT a winning player.

Million Dollar Body, One Dollar Head

And aint worth a nickel. Resigning him will be a collossal mistake. Worse than the Fitz debacle.

Ain't worth a nickel ? Tighten up w the comments. SJ is a stud.... Let's get a qb who can get him the ball.

Thumbs down.... SJ is a monster if Fitz ever looks like an nfl qb again....thumbs down to all the Stevie and spiller doubters...

Stud? Monster? Hes not even ranked in the top 20 of the league.

Hes good. Got a lot of ability.

His immaturity is tough to take. And hurts the team at times.

I dont think the Bills should cut bait right now, but I wouldnt pay him like a top receiver, either. Not now.

Edited by RkFast