TCB...something the Billls didn't do

ICE

This is freaking stupid. Hanging on the hopes of other teams to get into the playoffs. Had we just TCB when we should have, then we would already have a spot.

I just don't see us getting the help we need now. Denver killed us last night. Indy will rest it's starters next week and Denver will go all out to win. I have doubts that Houston will win AT Jacksonville. Something tells me there will be some home cooking by the Refs in Florida today :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

I am the rare fan I guess. JUST going 10-6 won't cut it for me. I don't accept this as anything other than failure. Yeah I said failure. Knowing we had games we should have won (Jags, Raiders, NE either time and the Ravens) really pisses me off. I am also not a big believer in 'Momentum' going into the off season. It doesn't exist in Free Agency. We won't have the same team next year as we do this year. Some will go (Jennings/P. Williams) some new will come in. You can build momentum from week to week, maybe month to month, but you can't with a 5 or more month lay off...it's back to square one. IF you could build that momentum you would see the same teams in the playoffs every year.... like you did before free agency.

I will say this, we will be in a better situation though due to playing in these systems for a year. I do agree that helps greatly. I still feel we have serious weaknesses on this team...

A. Bledsoe. NO I will not get off of this subject until he is gone. Just like RJ Who I wanted to have a chance, he did and failed, just like Flutie, just like Collins.... he isn't the answer at QB. Now let explain what the 'answer' to me is...

1) a LEADER. Even Bledsoe has said with his own words he is not a fiery leader. Sorry that doesn't cut it.

2) A guy who makes SMART and QUICK Decisions. Bledsoe has improved by say 20% this year, but when you are really far in the hole, that is like throwing a deck chair off of the Titanic! Bledsoe STILL makes bad decisions that shouldn't be coming from a veteran with his experience.

3) Accuracy. I don’t' give a damn about how hard you throw a ball. There are 50,000 guys across the US That can throw the ball 60 yards. Can you hit the WR in his hands, on the run? Bledsoe STILL Misfires on his passes. Clean pocket, no pressure, and clear throwing lanes.... throws behind the WR. Over the WR, or throws a short hopper to 3rd on his out patterns. Sorry that doesn't cut it.

It still bothers me we had to bring in MM, Clements AND Wyche just to get this guy up to a salvageable status. To me you don't work that hard on one player, you replace him.

B. Running Back I still do not think we have a RB. I haven't seen one game where WM hasn't had to limp to the sidelines. Now he is out? On a hyper extended knee? This is the pros man. You play hurt. Injured and hurt are two different things. TO is injured, WM is hurt....you play. Some are calling WM a 'Stud' 'The next great RB' blah blah blah. To me he honestly hasn't done anything yet. No consistency. None. He won't hit the holes fast enough, and if you watch film he goes down more often than not on the first hit. YES he does...minus when he uses the stiff arm. Has he played well at times? Sure, but so have several backs we have had in the past. Until this guy can stay on the field for 16 games, and do well, he hasn't proven anything yet.

C. We still need another CB. Yes CB. I do not like having your starting CB return kicks. Problem is McGee is a much better KR than CB. Is he making progress, sure, but I would feel much better extending Clements contract now, Adding another really good Vet cover corner and having McGee play nickel and returning kicks. Can you imagine Clements, FA Vet CB, Milloy and Vincent on the field? Add in McGee on 3rd downs? Who the hell is going to throw on that???

D. OLB. I would like to see more speed and athleticism out of the guy opposite TKO. I feel that is our weak link there.

E. OL. Still rotating guys in at LG. that says to me we don't have a LG. We need ONE friggin guy to carry the load. Add to that we may have to sign a LT this off season and it is a position of concern.

Lastly TE. We have a roster full of 2nd string TE's. "But ICE so and so is developing" Well that is fine, but none of them are going to develop into a pure stud TE. We haven’t' had a guy worth a damn since Metz left. Rearsmagma was ok, but not THE guy we needed. Find us a damn good TE and see how much more open our WR's are and how much more effective the offense is.

I know posts like this piss some people off, but I expect better / More from the Buffalo Bills. I refuse to settle. We have holes, we have guys on this team that are more of a liability than an asset. If we can go 10-6 with this team as is, what can we do if the necessary changes are made? Wouldn't it be nice to be THE Team in the AFC Again? Hasn't it been long enough?

Anyway, Go Bills, Beat ass on SF.

Peace.

ICE

It's too bad that the refs got fugged over by the refs against the Raiders and Pats (the first time), and that THIS is the first year in awhile that a 10-6 team will MISS the playoffs (!).  Sorry but the Bills couldn't control that.

178063[/snapback]

I thought the Felons :blush: went 10-6 last year.

Guess what. The bills are still in the hunt. They really deserve to get that last seed. Because, there the hottest team in the league. They are trying so hard to get wins as a total team effort.

If help is what they need. THEN I HOPE THEY GET ALL OF IT.

GO BILLS & DREW & RB'S & WR'S & WHOEVER IS A TE & THE VERY VERY VERY NASTY STOUT DEFENSE.

B. Running Back I still do not think we have a RB.  I haven't seen one game where WM hasn't had to limp to the sidelines. Now he is out? On a hyper extended knee? This is the pros man. You play hurt. Injured and hurt are two different things. TO is injured, WM is hurt....you play.  Some are calling WM a 'Stud'  'The next great RB' blah blah blah. To me he honestly hasn't done anything yet. No consistency. None. He won't hit the holes fast enough, and if you watch film he goes down more often than not on the first hit. YES he does...minus when he uses the stiff arm. Has he played well at times? Sure, but so have several backs we have had in the past. Until this guy can stay on the field for 16 games, and do well, he hasn't proven anything yet.

178050[/snapback]

Now you are just looking for excuses to be upset. He hasn't done anything yet? It wasn't until he was inserted into the starting role that this team began to click (0-4 with Trav as the main back). I don't care if the guy gets ugly yards he wins. And isn't that the most important thing? The thing that you yourself covet?

D. OLB. I would like to see more speed and athleticism out of the guy opposite TKO. I feel that is our weak link there.

178050[/snapback]

You are probably the only man in the world that feels the Bills linebacking corps is "the weak link". TKO, Fletcher and Posey are three of the most athletic LBs in the league. Find me one team with more overall speed at LB. Even though Posey doesn't make the highlight reel every week he is a damn solid player. A role player. With just as much speed and athleticism as his compatriots.

On your other comments, I see your points. I don't agree with them, but they are valid nonetheless. But on these two brother, you are way, way off in my opinion. I would love to hear more insight into the above points so that I could better understand what you are talking about.

First, I want to agree with what you say about cornerbacks. I am almost certain that we will draft a cb with one of our earliest selections in 05.

As for RB, I sorta agree. This is another position that imo should be addressed in the off season. As far as I am concerned, MaGahee borders on greatness, but a solid backup would improve this football team. Henry? Out the door, but that is jmo.

As for Drew, please. I see what you are doing. If he does ANYTHING but win a superbowl, you will cast him as the villian and yourself as the prophet of sorts.

The man has just led a football team to wins in 8 of 10 games. Certain other players shoulder at least as much of the blame for the 4 early losses. Others deserve at least as much credit for the wins. This is not all about Drew.

What are you going to do when Losman is a failure? WILL he fail? I hope not, but I guess the chances are close to 50/50 that he will. Right now, Drew is our only hope at qb.

Enjoy the game. :blush:

This is freaking stupid. Hanging on the hopes of other teams to get into the playoffs. Had we just TCB when we should have, then we would already have a spot.

I just don't see us getting the help we need now. Denver killed us last night. Indy will rest it's starters next week and Denver will go all out to win. I have doubts that Houston will win AT Jacksonville. Something tells me there will be some home cooking by the Refs in Florida today  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

I am the rare fan I guess. JUST going 10-6 won't cut it for me. I don't accept this as anything other than failure. Yeah I said failure. Knowing we had games we should have won (Jags, Raiders, NE either time and the Ravens) really pisses me off. I am also not a big believer in 'Momentum' going into the off season. It doesn't exist in Free Agency. We won't have the same team next year as we do this year. Some will go (Jennings/P. Williams) some new will come in. You can build momentum from week to week, maybe month to month, but you can't with a 5 or more month lay off...it's back to square one. IF you could build that momentum you would see the same teams in the playoffs every year.... like you did before free agency.

I will say this, we will be in a better situation though due to playing in these systems for a year. I do agree that helps greatly.  I still feel we have serious weaknesses on this team...

A. Bledsoe. NO I will not get off of this subject until he is gone. Just like RJ Who I wanted to have a chance, he did and failed, just like Flutie, just like Collins.... he isn't the answer at QB.  Now let explain what the 'answer' to me is...

1) a LEADER. Even Bledsoe has said with his own words he is not a fiery leader. Sorry that doesn't cut it.

2) A guy who makes SMART and QUICK Decisions. Bledsoe has improved by say 20% this year, but when you are really far in the hole, that is like throwing a deck chair off of the Titanic!  Bledsoe STILL makes bad decisions that shouldn't be coming from a veteran with his experience.

3) Accuracy. I don’t' give a damn about how hard you throw a ball. There are 50,000 guys across the US That can throw the ball 60 yards. Can you hit the WR in his hands, on the run?  Bledsoe STILL Misfires on his passes. Clean pocket, no pressure, and clear throwing lanes.... throws behind the WR. Over the WR, or throws a short hopper to 3rd on his out patterns. Sorry that doesn't cut it.

It still bothers me we had to bring in MM, Clements AND Wyche just to get this guy up to a salvageable status. To me you don't work that hard on one player, you replace him.

B. Running Back I still do not think we have a RB.  I haven't seen one game where WM hasn't had to limp to the sidelines. Now he is out? On a hyper extended knee? This is the pros man. You play hurt. Injured and hurt are two different things. TO is injured, WM is hurt....you play.  Some are calling WM a 'Stud'  'The next great RB' blah blah blah. To me he honestly hasn't done anything yet. No consistency. None. He won't hit the holes fast enough, and if you watch film he goes down more often than not on the first hit. YES he does...minus when he uses the stiff arm. Has he played well at times? Sure, but so have several backs we have had in the past. Until this guy can stay on the field for 16 games, and do well, he hasn't proven anything yet.

C.  We still need another CB. Yes CB.  I do not like having your starting CB return kicks. Problem is McGee is a much better KR than CB. Is he making progress, sure, but I would feel much better extending Clements contract now, Adding another really good Vet cover corner and having McGee play nickel and returning kicks. Can you imagine Clements, FA Vet CB, Milloy and Vincent on the field? Add in McGee on 3rd downs? Who the hell is going to throw on that???

E. OL. Still rotating guys in at LG. that says to me we don't have a LG. We need ONE friggin guy to carry the load.  Add to that we may have to sign a LT this off season and it is a position of concern.

Lastly TE. We have a roster full of 2nd string TE's.  "But ICE so and so is developing" Well that is fine, but none of them are going to develop into a pure stud TE. We haven’t' had a guy worth a damn since Metz left. Rearsmagma was ok, but not THE guy we needed.  Find us a damn good TE and see how much more open our WR's are and how much more effective the offense is.

I know posts like this piss some people off, but I expect better / More from the Buffalo Bills. I refuse to settle. We have holes, we have guys on this team that are more of a liability than an asset. If we can go 10-6 with this team as is, what can we do if the necessary changes are made? Wouldn't it be nice to be THE Team in the AFC Again? Hasn't it been long enough?

Peace.

ICE

178050[/snapback]

DOOM DOOM DOOM We suck

Now after reading this completely I think only one thing can be said "ICE its about time you went and found another team".

There is nothing that Ralph or the rest of the Bills braintrust does that you feel are positive things.

Having read this post it is clear that you feel if Drew wasnt the QB and this superhuman you define was we would be 14 - 0 right now. BTW what QB in the league meets the criteria that you have defined and than second which of them was available for the Bills to go after in the offseason?

I just don't see us getting the help we need now. Denver killed us last night. Indy will rest it's starters next week and Denver will go all out to win. I have doubts that Houston will win AT Jacksonville. Something tells me there will be some home cooking by the Refs in Florida today  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

I will say this, we will be in a better situation though due to playing in these systems for a year. I do agree that helps greatly.  I still feel we have serious weaknesses on this team...

A. Bledsoe. NO I will not get off of this subject until he is gone. Just like RJ Who I wanted to have a chance, he did and failed, just like Flutie, just like Collins.... he isn't the answer at QB.  Now let explain what the 'answer' to me is...

2) A guy who makes SMART and QUICK Decisions. Bledsoe has improved by say 20% this year, but when you are really far in the hole, that is like throwing a deck chair off of the Titanic!  Bledsoe STILL makes bad decisions that shouldn't be coming from a veteran with his experience.

3) Accuracy. I don’t' give a damn about how hard you throw a ball. There are 50,000 guys across the US That can throw the ball 60 yards. Can you hit the WR in his hands, on the run?  Bledsoe STILL Misfires on his passes. Clean pocket, no pressure, and clear throwing lanes.... throws behind the WR. Over the WR, or throws a short hopper to 3rd on his out patterns. Sorry that doesn't cut it.

C.  We still need another CB. Yes CB.  I do not like having your starting CB return kicks. Problem is McGee is a much better KR than CB. Is he making progress, sure, but I would feel much better extending Clements contract now, Adding another really good Vet cover corner and having McGee play nickel and returning kicks. Can you imagine Clements, FA Vet CB, Milloy and Vincent on the field? Add in McGee on 3rd downs? Who the hell is going to throw on that???

E. OL. Still rotating guys in at LG. that says to me we don't have a LG. We need ONE friggin guy to carry the load.  Add to that we may have to sign a LT this off season and it is a position of concern.

Lastly TE. We have a roster full of 2nd string TE's.  "But ICE so and so is developing" Well that is fine, but none of them are going to develop into a pure stud TE. We haven’t' had a guy worth a damn since Metz left. Rearsmagma was ok, but not THE guy we needed.  Find us a damn good TE and see how much more open our WR's are and how much more effective the offense is.

Peace.

ICE

178050[/snapback]

Saying that we should have TCB in the beginning of the year and that's why we're on the verge of "failure" now makes me wonder if you've even paid attention to the season. This collection of players obviously had a need to grow into a TEAM. That takes time. Yeah, the Gregg Williams tenure should have accomplished that, but it didn't work out. Get over it. We were close to winning some of our early games, but beat ourselves in the processs. Get over it. This team has come back from the dead at 0-4, 1-5, and has gone 7-1 in its last 8 games. If you can't see the progression and the significance of that, they you're right - you are a "rare" fan. We have two games left and an outside shot at the playoffs. Why don't you just quit your bitching for ten minutes and enjoy the way our team is playing?

Saying that we should have TCB in the beginning of the year and that's why we're on the verge of "failure" now makes me wonder if you've even paid attention to the season. This collection of players obviously had a need to grow into a TEAM. That takes time. Yeah, the Gregg Williams tenure should have accomplished that, but it didn't work out. Get over it. We were close to winning some of our early games, but beat ourselves in the processs. Get over it. This team has come back from the dead at 0-4, 1-5, and has gone 7-1 in its last 8 games. If you can't see the progression and the significance of that, they you're right - you are a "rare" fan.  We have two games left and an outside shot at the playoffs. Why don't you just quit your bitching for ten minutes and enjoy the way our team is playing?

178254[/snapback]

He cant quit bitching its the positive side of himself :) , or maybe these are post by someone else who somehow stole his ID. :blush:

He cant quit bitching its the positive side of himself :) , or maybe these are post by someone else who somehow stole his ID. :blush:

178268[/snapback]

Are you sure? I thought the posts by the person who stole his ID were the Merry Christmas ones lol

This is my last reply to any of his posts.  He isn't worthy to call himself a Bills fan.  He isn't worth my time.  I encourage others to do the same and maybe he will just go away.

178287[/snapback]

Put him in on ignore list. Maybe if we all ignore him he will go away but unfortunately hes like a cold it keeps coming back to make ya miserable