I thought Spiller looked pretty good.

ieatcrayonz

CJ may have gotten a "Aaron Rodgers" career advantage that will mpay dividends for the Bills in the next few years. A couple of years to sit on the sidelines and watch and learn and get stronger, before being thrown into the fray, maybe we got lucky on something (for once).

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chan has been known for knowing how to use guys. However, I have not been happy with how he has utilized Spiller. I think we can definitely get a good amount of value out of Spiller if he is used right. HE IS NOT A SHORT YARDAGE BACK. DO NOT PUT HIM IN ON THIRD AND SHORT! He is a 10-15 carry per game back, with a few receptions/screens. I know a #9 pick is a heavy price to pay for that but that is what he is. Do not use him for what he is not. He can be explosive and effective if he is used properly. Chan, only put him in positions to succeed!

I hate to say it, cuz I was seduced...I think Chan is a good man, but I am starting to have serious doubts about how good a head coach he really is...injuries or no injuries, he has not impressed me (only depressed) during this current losing streak...I am seeing little evidence of him being a great innovater who know how to make the best of what he has (the bill of goods that came with his hiring)...it may sound crazy, and I know this team isn't stocked with great depth, but I think the Bill lost today, and to the Titans a few weeks ago, in large part, to stuborn coaching...he does seem to follow the old adage about a "good coach puts his players in the best position to win." The play calling has been atroucious...he seems to be the last to know that **** just isn't working...I think the team efforts against the Cowboys and Chargers rank right up there amongst the worst of this dreadful new millenium of Bills football...more and more it seems we are going to just have to extract any positives from Bills football, as few as there may be, and realize, nothing is really going to change, until there is a new owner. As long as Mr Wilson owns the team, it is hard to imagine any real changes for next season. I suppose, the team could strike gold with a draft pick, but given the track record of recent Bills coaching staffs, there is not assurance that they even know what they have.

No point in getting pissed off about it anymore...just grin and bear it, hope for some luck somewhere.

I thought Spiller & Choice both ran the ball well today...don't know why Chan didn't let them run even more in the second half. Fitz was awful, until the game was in "only a miracle" territory. We know the defense is not great, but they played about as well as we could expect. More Spiller and less Fitz, and I think we might have won this game today. The regression of Fitz, and the regression of Gailey's play calling are both distressing.

Running the ball is so 90s it's all about the spread now

Spiller was largely productive. It had to be difficult when throwing was obviously not a threat. The only things more ridiculous than the beard are the arm and the brain.

I do think Spiller can be a weapon moving forward.

spiller will be fine. Jackson is the man and losing him pretty much killed the season. Now we have two guys who can play. Good setup for next year. Fred will now have to sign a reasonable contract and now we will have two good running backs. so check that one off the list. Stevie as well, with Easley, Parrish and Jones coming back, so check that one off the list. Things are coming together. Should have a good O Line next year with a year of OTAs, etc. Draft some more defense and away we go