Bills Front Office & the Millenium of Misery

billsfan714

In this Millenium of Misery, the Bills front office has not just failed at the selections in the draft, but in every respect of what the job entails.

The awesome trades, would you make any of these again:

1. Bledsoe for a number 1

2. Rob Johnson for a 1 and a 4

3. JP Losman for a 1 and a 2

4. Jason Peters for Eric Wood and Shawn Nelson. Be honest now, because one of those guys has had broken leg and a ACL tear

5. Willis McGahee for Trent Edwards, CJ Ah You and a 3rd used to get Stroud(Bills also used a 5th)

6. John McCargo for a 2 and a 3

7. Marshawn Lynch for Chris Hairston and a 5th.

The Bills can never work the draft, I think the last time the Bills traded down was when TD traded down in the 2003 3rd round. If Im wrong on that let me know. The apologists(usually the same ones who defended guys like Modrak) will say its not easy. We have no trouble moving up to get JP, McCargo Poz, Levitre. While I have no arguement with the Levitre trade up, the JP and McCargo ones were epic disasters. As for Poz, lets say Detroit or some team near pick 34 would of taken Poz with their 2nd, the next 2 linebackers that were there with the Bills original 2nd rounder were Lamarr Woodley and David Harris. Now the Bills get their pick in so fast they dont have time to listen to any offers.

Combine that with overrating guys like Whitner, McCargo, Troup. A good GM could of saved and/or accumulated picks and still got these guys.

The signings, we all know about Dockery and Walker but even the more recent ones are some head scratchers.

Chris Kelsay 4 years 24 million-really? To a guy with a career high 5.5 sacks in a season?

Brad Smith 4 years 15 million. This one is surprising for the fact the Bills knew the changes in the kickoff rules would lessen his value as a returner, were not really running much wildcat, so was Smith really worth almost 4 million a year as a receiver?

Shawne Merriman-6.95 million for a season and a half, into a guy who went on IR after a practice and followed that up with 4 games( 9 tackles, one sack)and another IR season. To the homers who said our rush was so much better with Merriman I say he played 4 games out of the first 5 with one sack. He was on just over a 3 sack season pace. Due 4 million in base salary in 2012 and a 1 million roster bonus next March.

If its hard to get people to sign here as free agents, why not trade a 5th for Santonio Holmes or Brandon Lloyd? A 4th for Randy Moss in his prime, or a waiver claim for Michael Vick?

The collection of coaching hires. The philosphy of building through DBs and RBs.

You know that guy in your fanstasy league that everyone wants to trade with. The guy who takes a kicker and a defense way too early, the guy who usually finishes at the bottom year in and year out. Yeah, we're that guy of the NFL.

Edited by billsfan714

Yes, overall it has been a disaster, and it continues.

With all of the objective information pointing to one inescapable conclusion, one thing I don't understand are all of the apologists and extreme optimists. It has been awful to be a Bills fan for a long time, and I don't see much to suggest that things will change in the foreseeable future.

Through it all, still a Bills fan.

The three headed business monster of Brandon,Littman,Overdorf,control the money,and THEY hired a very weak football guy,Nix,to run football side. They know Nix will not demand more control. They know Nix will stay within budget. Those three are going no place as long as Ralph owns team and "Bills Nation" will have to suffer supporting a loosing francise, cause money is more important than winning.