Cell Phone What do you have LIke it or not

Hammered a Lot

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll love it. There's a reason that tech-savvy and tech-unsavvy people love the iPhone.

Sometimes you get to be #1 just because you're the best.

And othertimes you get to be #1 because you have the best marketing.

And other times you get to be number one because Jobs took what others created then rebranded it with his own gimmicks at a higher cost then sold it.

MP3 players were affordable and available before Jobs, cell phones, too. He didn't even come out with the touch screen! As far as computers, Pff... did he create C? Or Linux? Or even develop Java or HTML?

I hope history remembers Jobs as he truly was- a master marketer and collaborator of thoughts and ideas.

I can't believe all the Apple hate! I've owned several Apple products - still do - and have yet to have a SINGLE issue with any one of them. I'm quite sure Apple may have the best marketing, but Apple is NOT the Bose of iPhones.

I like products that give me more (preferably MUCH more) than I expect, and that's what I've gotten here. It's met my needs perfectly. It never drops calls, the software is user friendly, the apps work great, and as I mentioned above, I was able to replace over $200 of wireless audio equipment with my stinkin' iPhone! And the quality is BETTER, so I upgraded for free.

It's not for everyone, and that's great. But in areas of basic needs, it works great. And in areas where my tech experience is a bit stronger, it serves those needs, as well. You guys make it sound like Apple is pulling the wool over peoples' eyes and fooling them into buying an inferior product. There are plenty of choices in the marketplace, and Apple is not preventing you from making any of them.

Even cnet.com, one of my favorite tech review sites, gave the iPhone great marks.

I'm going to go for the iPhone as soon as I can convince myself that I want to pay an extra $30/month for a data package. (I do not own a smart phone yet.) :blush:

See if they'll give you a discount on armor when you buy it, cause you'll need it around these parts!! :w00t:

And other times you get to be number one because Jobs took what others created then rebranded it with his own gimmicks at a higher cost then sold it.

MP3 players were affordable and available before Jobs, cell phones, too. He didn't even come out with the touch screen! As far as computers, Pff... did he create C? Or Linux? Or even develop Java or HTML?

I hope history remembers Jobs as he truly was- a master marketer and collaborator of thoughts and ideas.

C'mon, my cow-lovin' brother....if the only people who could market products were the ones who invented the technology, the marketplace would be nearly barren compared to what we have now. Steve Jobs was an innovator. And I have seen a lot of mp3 players, and there is not a single one I'd trade my iPod for.

Which parts?? :lol:

You dirty girl!!! :o

Speaking of Lana's dirty parts, another point about Apple...I got my first ever iPod from Lana. She upgraded from her little nano several years ago, so she gave me her old one. That little nano still works great! I keep it at work to listen to during breaks. :thumbsup:

Went with the iphone4simpletion.

Thank you one and all with your input. :worthy:

You're going to love it.

Pay little attention to the Apple haters.

They're so sophisticated they'd still be printing with something like this if it weren't for the Steves Jobs and Wozniak. :lol:

You dirty girl!!! :o

Speaking of Lana's dirty parts, another point about Apple...I got my first ever iPod from Lana. She upgraded from her little nano several years ago, so she gave me her old one. That little nano still works great! I keep it at work to listen to during breaks. :thumbsup:

I wasn't talking about my parts...wait, I thought we were talking about neighborhoods?? :unsure::lol:

Glad to hear the nano is still going strong. :thumbsup:

I'm going to go for the iPhone as soon as I can convince myself that I want to pay an extra $30/month for a data package. (I do not own a smart phone yet.) :blush:

I use the $15 plan and limit myself to mainly wifi use. Fortunately, I find wifi most places where I go.

Am I the only one still just ties a string between two plastic cups? :unsure:

ha, you must be, cause I thought I was the last one who finally jumped on the smart phone bandwagon. People would literally make fun of my cell phone!

ha, you must be, cause I thought I was the last one who finally jumped on the smart phone bandwagon. People would literally make fun of my cell phone!

A friend of mine still has the LG8300 which debuted in 4Q 2006.

Also, I was lucky enough to get an unlimited data plan from Verizon before they went extinct-o. As long as I keep a contract with them I keep the unlimited data. Still I don't even spend 500MB a month.

A friend of mine still has the LG8300 which debuted in 4Q 2006.

Also, I was lucky enough to get an unlimited data plan from Verizon before they went extinct-o. As long as I keep a contract with them I keep the unlimited data. Still I don't even spend 500MB a month.

Wow, that's a great deal

I can't believe all the Apple hate! I've owned several Apple products - still do - and have yet to have a SINGLE issue with any one of them. I'm quite sure Apple may have the best marketing, but Apple is NOT the Bose of iPhones.

I like products that give me more (preferably MUCH more) than I expect, and that's what I've gotten here. It's met my needs perfectly. It never drops calls, the software is user friendly, the apps work great, and as I mentioned above, I was able to replace over $200 of wireless audio equipment with my stinkin' iPhone! And the quality is BETTER, so I upgraded for free.

It's not for everyone, and that's great. But in areas of basic needs, it works great. And in areas where my tech experience is a bit stronger, it serves those needs, as well. You guys make it sound like Apple is pulling the wool over peoples' eyes and fooling them into buying an inferior product. There are plenty of choices in the marketplace, and Apple is not preventing you from making any of them.

Even cnet.com, one of my favorite tech review sites, gave the iPhone great marks.

See if they'll give you a discount on armor when you buy it, cause you'll need it around these parts!! :w00t:

C'mon, my cow-lovin' brother....if the only people who could market products were the ones who invented the technology, the marketplace would be nearly barren compared to what we have now. Steve Jobs was an innovator. And I have seen a lot of mp3 players, and there is not a single one I'd trade my iPod for.

Agreed, zepp. I bought a 30gb iPod in 2004 and it still works great and I've NEVER had an issue with it. Had an iPhone 3 for over 2 1/2 yrs. with no problems, sold it to my buddy, just upgraded to the 4S which is spectacularly fast. I even just purchased myself a MacBook Pro which is AWESOME.

Good products, great quality, and simple enough for most people. They've given me no reason to stray from their products which is why I keep coming back.

Doesn't have much to do with the quality of the iPhone. I had pre-iPod MP3 players--at least 2. They sucked. When I got that first scroll-wheel iPod, it was 1000000 better than anything out there, and it changed the MP3 game. That wasn't marketing.

The iPhone, when it came out, was the first workable touchscreen device of its type at the consumer level. To deny that it changed the game would be foolish. Again, it wasn't marketing that made the market follow. It was a superior product.

the iPad was late to the tablet game, and is just a big iPhone, so maybe there it was superior marketing that makes it #1. Still--as it's built on the same iTunes/app store/iPhone platform that is Apple's backbone, it's a really good product. So far, all the other tablets are coming up short, including even Amazon's Fire, which is getting buried with bad reviews despite its high sales numbers.

Apple will no doubt stumble (Apple TV comes to mind) but at the moment, it's got a lot more winners than losers.

Edited by Observer