• Vontaze Burfict ILB Arizona State
    • Michael Floyd WRF Notre Dame
    • Montee Ball RBF Wisconsin
    • Other

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that OLB and pass rush is the top priority. However when have the Bills had a top LT prospect on the board when they picked?

I can't think of a time.

You can say "Blind Side" but if you pay attention to his carreer he hasn't been that homerun LT pick. Getting a bluechipper LT Trumps all "needs" that is always BPA only trumped by a franchise QB.

Yes. If you actually look at the last 5-6 years, the Bills had very few opportunities to draft consensus, blue-chip tackles.

Bulaga and Oher are both playing decent football… on the right side… Saffold was excellent last year but has regressed greatly this year. Clady is good certainly but elite?

And in some regards, the Bills did well to miss out on tackles because there's been a lot of recent busts at that position. Both Jason Smith and Andre Smith (although the latter is improving), Eugene Monroe, have all been huge disappointment. Russell Okung and Trent Williams have been injured a lot and then there's the drug suspension. For whatever reason, there's been a ton of OT busts/disappointments in the last several years.

That said, the Bills need at least one more player at OT.

The Steelers do just fine with a terrible offensive line. We could, obviously, upgrade at the LT position, but we have such glaring issues at cornerback (no 6'2''+ guy) and outside linebacker that we can't take a LT. I like Adams and Kalil, but we have far bigger needs.

Big Ben and Aaron Rodgers are just two of a handful of QBs who can transcend the mediocrity of their O-lines.

If you don't have a great QB like them, you'd better have an excellent offensive line.

I'll agree with you that I consider pass rusher to be an essential foundational element… thus my position on Von Miller last year.

I disagree with you on cornerback. I don't consider CB to be a big need.

Bottom line to me: Would you rather have a pass rusher making the QB throw the ball 2/10ths of a second earlier or a CB who can cover the receiver for 2/10ths of a second longer?

I imagine this has been said a million times, but RG3 will and should be the pick if the Bills are on clock and he is still on the board.

Honestly, I think that if he declares, he will be discussed (at least in the media) as a possible #1 overall pick, even with Luck on the board. The story line will be "Luck or RG3"?! I guarantee it. And its a fair question. RG3's athletic attributes are off the charts. He is a much more athletic version of Cam Newton. Arguably with a better arm. Oh, and he's a character guy. A great pick for whoever can draft him.

Edited by Union2008

Robert Griffin III I trade up to get him even if it cost next years #1 he is a Franchise QB, forget Andrew Luck he is Jeff George 2.0

You're either not familiar with Jeff George or you're not familiar with Andrew Luck.

BPA

yeah because all the players are lined up in a pre determined universally accepted BPA order and you just take the next person based on their Madden score.

There's no discussion and no variance of BPA across teams or individuals.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Why So Serious?

You're either not familiar with Jeff George or you're not familiar with Andrew Luck.

Andrew Luck like George can make every throw, has a cannon for an arm & a lack of desire & killer instinct like George. I watch both play in collage & I see the same quality in both

I said Newton & Tebow would be stars & people said I was crazy well here is another Robert Griffin III will be a star & Andrew Luck will be a bust Bank on it

You are describing 2 players: Alameda Ta'Amu and Billy Winn.

I'm a big fan of Ta'Amu. Ta'amu (6'-3", 337 lbs) is a DE34 or a DT43. I imagine his combine numbers vault him into the top 15 because of his quickness for his size. He's currently projected to run in the low 5s in the 40.

Boise DE Billy Winn, who at 295 could also be the butt you need. His tools are leverage, powerful bull rush, and size (6'3, 295) and strength to play both the 3 and 5 tech. I like Carrington, but Billy Winn would out-bull him to Brady.

Alameda Ta'Amu is our pick.. Run a 4-3 def. then draft a LB in the second & third rounds. Use the draft to address the def & free agency to fix the offense.

Andrew Luck like George can make every throw, has a cannon for an arm & a lack of desire & killer instinct like George. I watch both play in collage & I see the same quality in both

I said Newton & Tebow would be stars & people said I was crazy well here is another Robert Griffin III will be a star & Andrew Luck will be a bust Bank on it

So then you're not familliar with Jeff George AND not familiar with Andrew Luck.)

That Answers that.

Anyone that actually watched Cam Newton play and didn't look at his skin Color new he would make it in the NFL. I am well documented as a Cam supporter pre 2011 draft.

Edited by Why So Serious?

whichever one has the weakest: knees, ankles, achilles, back, pectoral, thumb, wrist, collarbone, shoulder or neck is the one the Bills will draft. the Bills will continue their search for hall of famers in rounds 4-6.

i thought we only did that with undrafted free agents???

and if RG3 is there when we pick, buddy better pick him or i will personally pay for a nice retirement condo.. i live in boca raton florida and he would fit in perfect playing shuffle board in century village !

In your scenario, Astro - Upshaw is the 'no-brainer' choice. However, I fell strongly that the Bills may have a shot at Matt Barlkley unless...

1) He stays at USC for his senior season

or

2) Bills Polian also realizes that Barkley will be a better NFL QB than Andy Luck, takes Barkley with the #1 overall pick.

Too many unknown factors between now and April - I wish it was July 2012 already.

Upshaw. I favor the Alabama pedigree. From what I have read, it is a down year for senior pass rushers. Taking an underclassman DE scares me as I am trigger shy after the Maybin-out episode. The lack of a pass rush is killing both the offense and defense. A Von Miller type or better yet, a Cornelius Bennett all purpose linebacker might help the pass rush. A Bruce Smith type next to Dareus would be nice!

More help on the offensive line is needed. A deep threat receiver is a must. A qb in the first round... no. There are bigger needs. Fitz was decent when he had time. Adams might help. Even Freddy struggled in his last game as the o-line didn't make enough space. I would be cool with the Bills building superior lines, then working on the skills and speed.

So then you're not familliar with Jeff George AND not familiar with Andrew Luck.)

That Answers that.

Anyone that actually watched Cam Newton play and didn't look at his skin Color new he would make it in the NFL. I am well documented as a Cam supporter pre 2011 draft.

I said I watched both in collage, you can't compare them in the NFL because Luck hasn't played a down yet, people forget how many people loved George coming out of the 1990 Draft, he was the number one pick, George had all the skill to be a NFL QB but Desire & Killer instinct & he relayed too much on his skill & didn't grasp the mental side of the game but he was the model of a QB the NFL wanted if the Colts trade Peyton Manning away for Andrew Luck it will be the biggest mistake in their history

And what's up with with you people & "Skin Color" I never said anything about Cam Newton's skin color I also said Tim Tebow,I was referencing their styles of play considering their styles are similar & most people said their skills where not NFL ready, I disagreed with that but neither skin color had anything to with whether I thought they could play

You know the more someone tries to say they are not racist but then bring up skin color all the time,that makes them sound racist

I'm an ASU fan; I have seen at least 80% of their games since Burfict has been there. I wouldn't touch him with a 100 foot pole. He has the emotional maturity of a 3 year old. He is a penalty magnet. He also was almost invisible this entire season, a MAJOR regression from the previous two years. Another commenter suggested he was injured; this is the first I've heard of it. If I were him, I'd stay in school. If I were his new coach, I'd move him to defensive end. Even when he was playing well, his coverage skills weren't special.

I might very well have been the first person on this message board to bring up Robert Griffin III; I'd guess my first mention was 14 or 15 months ago. I have had a very high opinion of him for a LONG time. Wouldn't mind seeing him on the Bills. But I wouldn't use their first pick on him. This team has an atrocious defense. It is absolutely imperative that there is an upgrade in talent at DE and OLB. The only way I can see drafting Griffin (and ditching Fitz) would be if they filled those holes in free agency and then everything broke right for them on draft day: trade down for more picks while Griffin stays on the board long enough to be around whenever their spot comes up.

As an ASU fan, I also keep an eye on the other Pac-12 teams. Barkley had a terrific year, but he just is not special talent-wise. I think he is going to drop in the rankings when they start measuring him and working him out. He doesn't look as big as he is listed. He has rather average arm strength, and isn't especially mobile. I wouldn't draft him in the 1st round, period. I'm not saying he'll be a crap pro; I just don't think he has special skills.

I said I watched both in collage, you can't compare them in the NFL because Luck hasn't played a down yet, people forget how many people loved George coming out of the 1990 Draft, he was the number one pick, George had all the skill to be a NFL QB but Desire & Killer instinct & he relayed too much on his skill & didn't grasp the mental side of the game but he was the model of a QB the NFL wanted if the Colts trade Peyton Manning away for Andrew Luck it will be the biggest mistake in their history

And what's up with with you people & "Skin Color" I never said anything about Cam Newton's skin color I also said Tim Tebow,I was referencing their styles of play considering their styles are similar & most people said their skills where not NFL ready, I disagreed with that but neither skin color had anything to with whether I thought they could play

You know the more someone tries to say they are not racist but then bring up skin color all the time,that makes them sound racist

To say Tim Tebow and Cam Newton have similiar styles of play is to say "I have never actually watched Cam Newton play a game of football but I heard he ran for a touchdown so he must be the same as Tim Tebow."

And if you read the original comment clearly it was not aimed at you, there are other people in the world, ya know?

There is no such thing as reaching. I cannot stand this concept. As long as you draft the best player your team needs there is no such thing as reaching.

There is such a thing as reaching. If the player you covet is not there you trade out for more picks or players. New England does It appears to work pretty well for them. If you can't trade out for the value you believe to be there you draft the best available player with less regard to position. I did not write with no regard for position I wrote with less regard for position. The Bills need a dozen players, it will not be difficult to do that.

Edited by Trader