Jared Allen rips Detroit

DaveinElma, on 14 January 2012 - 08:30 AM, said:

How many black people have you employed in your life? Ive employed many.

You're the bigot for holding the "soft bigotry of low expectations".

The last paragraph is where you quoted Dave in a previous post in this thread. If you are going to criticize someone for their reading comprehension skills you might want to do it with a clean slate yourself.

The quote in question was said in hyperbole of course and never intended as a direct quote. The intention was to point out the ridiculousness of the actual statement itself. Anyone familiar with Dave's posting history, and the context of the reply, should be able to discern the difference. But clearly that point was missed, which falls on my as the writer so... my apologies.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really don't read anything do you? You just want to write whatever it is that's floating through your mind at the moment without regards to what's being discussed. Even this response is a study in bipolar disjointedness. It's like you have two old men in your head yelling as you sit at the keyboard to write up a response. Whoever yells the loudest in your head gets to control what you type ... regardless of the content.

It's amazingly hilarious actually.

Yeah, you work in a racist environment, amongst the biggest hypocrites and bipolar people on the planet. :rolleyes: I don't. When confronted with the reality of your industry, you don't deny it. But you, of course, are neither racist or nuts, it's only the people who run the industry/other people, right? :lol: What do I have to do with this? Dave may be a racist, but what does that have to do with me?

There's a name for your posts in this thread: projection.

Feel the hypocrisy swirling around you. Why don't you see any blacks, or Asians for that matter, at work? I do. You know you wouldn't change anything in Hollywood, because it "works"(really?), and you are too scared to go against "the bosses" anyway.

But you come here and call other people racist, and project nonsense onto me? :wacko: I have news for you: you don't get to make that charge. You and your industry treat diversity as a joke, and then we are treated to your hypocritical preaching. You don't get to call anybody anything until your own situation is squared away.

Until then, you can blow calling other people racist, right out your ass. Nobody cares what a Hollywood clown, who has only worked with minorities as janitors, grips, etc., has to say about racism.

Understand, I'm not defending Dave. Rather, I am simply the guy who picks up the stones you've thrown, and throws them back, to see how much of your house is made of glass(and because of a word that rhymes with droll). Looks like you live in a greenhouse, huh.....

Edited by OCinBuffalo

The quote in question was said in hyperbole of course and never intended as a direct quote. The intention was to point out the ridiculousness of the actual statement itself. Anyone familiar with Dave's posting history, and the context of the reply, should be able to discern the difference. But clearly that point was missed, which falls on my as the writer so... my apologies.

This wasn't intended as a direct quote?

"well... I employed a black guy once!"

Instead it was "said in hyperbole"?

So, if you are familiar with Dave's posting history it's ok to misquote him?

In other words, if you disagree with someone it's ok to throw your journalistic integrity out the door?

In other words, if you disagree with someone it's ok to throw your journalistic integrity out the door?

He's not a journalist. He's a writer. That used the perfectly acceptable literary device of "hyperbole" to make a point. That's what people do, who wield the language deftly and with an understanding of nuance. As opposed to yourself, who wields it like a blunt instrument against your own head.

He's not a journalist. He's a writer. That used the perfectly acceptable literary device of "hyperbole" to make a point. That's what people do, who wield the language deftly and with an understanding of nuance. As opposed to yourself, who wields it like a blunt instrument against your own head.

Does the "perfectly acceptable literary device of hyperbole" include making up words, putting them in quotation marks, and claiming that someone else said them?

Does the "perfectly acceptable literary device of hyperbole" include making up words, putting them in quotation marks, and claiming that someone else said them?

It depends. Did you or did you not say that Romney would be as competent a leader as Mussolini?

It depends. Did you or did you not say that Romney would be as competent a leader as Mussolini?

"It depends" is one hell of an answer. Sounds like something designed to allow you to weasel out of basically saying that it's ok for literary reasons to make schit up and attribute it to someone else.

No, I said nothing of the sort, but that would be a poor analogy even if I had. When I posted the OP I wasn't even relating it to that old quote. Now this has been a nice try on your part to change the subject and get away from your outlandish statement, but I'm not going to help you by further arguing another subject.

You said it was ok to lie and attribute that lie here for literary reasons. Face up to it.

"It depends" is one hell of an answer. Sounds like something designed to allow you to weasel out of basically saying that it's ok for literary reasons to make schit up and attribute it to someone else.

No, I said nothing of the sort, but that would be a poor analogy even if I had. When I posted the OP I wasn't even relating it to that old quote. Now this has been a nice try on your part to change the subject and get away from your outlandish statement, but I'm not going to help you by further arguing another subject.

You said it was ok to lie and attribute that lie here for literary reasons. Face up to it.

Good God, you're an idiot. Not idiot as in "stupid," idiot as in "one of the most shallow, dullest, and most intellectually bankrupt people I have ever seen." :lol:

Good God, you're an idiot. Not idiot as in "stupid," idiot as in "one of the most shallow, dullest, and most intellectually bankrupt people I have ever seen." :lol:

Who are you quoting now? Since you can't argue the point you just revert to trying to denegrate me? Face it, you made a stupid statement that I don't even believe that you think is true. You don't even have to admit you're wrong. Just quietly go away like you always do when you know you don't have a leg to stand on. Don't embarrass yourself anymore.

Who are you quoting now? Since you can't argue the point you just revert to trying to denegrate me? Face it, you made a stupid statement that I don't even believe that you think is true. You don't even have to admit you're wrong. Just quietly go away like you always do when you know you don't have a leg to stand on. Don't embarrass yourself anymore.

Against my better judgment, I'll explain it to you:

I used hyperbole to misconstrue what you'd posted in the discussion I'm referencing, in doing so casting your statement from the "honest error" it was to a comparison it clearly wasn't. I did so ironically in that, while claiming to support hyperbole as a rhetorical device, I clearly used said device in such a way that was obviously invalid, thus making your point for you. And I did so knowing that you were too shallow and stupid to perceive ANY nuance beyond "DC Tom said I said Romney's a fascist!" Simultaneously demonstrating your point, AND that you have no !@#$ing idea what you're talking about when you make your point.

You dunce. :lol: Thanks for playing.

Against my better judgment, I'll explain it to you:

I used hyperbole to misconstrue what you'd posted in the discussion I'm referencing, in doing so casting your statement from the "honest error" it was to a comparison it clearly wasn't. I did so ironically in that, while claiming to support hyperbole as a rhetorical device, I clearly used said device in such a way that was obviously invalid, thus making your point for you. And I did so knowing that you were too shallow and stupid to perceive ANY nuance beyond "DC Tom said I said Romney's a fascist!" Simultaneously demonstrating your point, AND that you have no !@#$ing idea what you're talking about when you make your point.

You dunce. :lol: Thanks for playing.

No, I stated that I said nothing of the sort and even if I had it would be a poor analogy. Now your talking about "honest errors" and putting quotation marks around as if I ever said anything like that. Then you come up with crap about me saying that you said Romney's a racist. Show me all the examples of hyperbole you want, and couch it in a way that very few will take the time to read things here closely enough to know what you are doing. Try to change the topic all you want, but this discussion comes down to the fact that you said

it was ok to make schit up and pretend someone else said it. Throw out all the canards you want and do everything you can to confuse the issue here but you must own up to the fact that you said it.

No, I stated that I said nothing of the sort and even if I had it would be a poor analogy. Now your talking about "honest errors" and putting quotation marks around as if I ever said anything like that. Then you come up with crap about me saying that you said Romney's a racist. Show me all the examples of hyperbole you want, and couch it in a way that very few will take the time to read things here closely enough to know what you are doing. Try to change the topic all you want, but this discussion comes down to the fact that you said

it was ok to make schit up and pretend someone else said it. Throw out all the canards you want and do everything you can to confuse the issue here but you must own up to the fact that you said it.

What? Did you just confuse fascist with racist, and hinge your entire argument on the use of quotation marks?

There's no talking to you. Go outside and play.

What? Did you just confuse fascist with racist, and hinge your entire argument on the use of quotation marks?

There's no talking to you. Go outside and play.

No, I didn't confuse the two. If you haven't noticed they sound somewhat alike and in this instance I did make an honest mistake and typed the wrong word. I will admit to mine. BTW, when have you "seen" me?

No, I didn't confuse the two. If you haven't noticed they sound somewhat alike and in this instance I did make an honest mistake and typed the wrong word. I will admit to mine. BTW, when have you "seen" me?

"Seen" is a colloquialism, you illiterate nit.

:lol: Okay, this thread just got amazing. Post #s 183-195 are a study in comedy.

:beer: For you both. Tom did all the dirty work, but I'll chime in because kicking someone when they're already down is the way I like to fight.

I'm not a journalist. This is not an official record of any kind (thank God for that). And for the record, I'd make a sh*t journalist. Far too impatient for that line of work.

:lol: :lol:

Best. Response. Ever.

Not only is it okay to make sh*t up and pretend someone else said it, it's how I make a living. I'll grant you, it's not a very good living, but I eat.

Sometimes.

Yeah, you work in a racist environment, amongst the biggest hypocrites and bipolar people on the planet. :rolleyes: I don't. When confronted with the reality of your industry, you don't deny it. But you, of course, are neither racist or nuts, it's only the people who run the industry/other people, right? :lol: What do I have to do with this? Dave may be a racist, but what does that have to do with me?

There's a name for your posts in this thread: projection.

Feel the hypocrisy swirling around you. Why don't you see any blacks, or Asians for that matter, at work? I do. You know you wouldn't change anything in Hollywood, because it "works"(really?), and you are too scared to go against "the bosses" anyway.

But you come here and call other people racist, and project nonsense onto me? :wacko: I have news for you: you don't get to make that charge. You and your industry treat diversity as a joke, and then we are treated to your hypocritical preaching. You don't get to call anybody anything until your own situation is squared away.

Until then, you can blow calling other people racist, right out your ass. Nobody cares what a Hollywood clown, who has only worked with minorities as janitors, grips, etc., has to say about racism.

Understand, I'm not defending Dave. Rather, I am simply the guy who picks up the stones you've thrown, and throws them back, to see how much of your house is made of glass(and because of a word that rhymes with droll). Looks like you live in a greenhouse, huh.....

Actually, we don't treat you to our hypocritical preachings.

You pay for it.

Winning!

:lol: Okay, this thread just got amazing. Post #s 183-195 are a study in comedy.

:beer: For you both. Tom did all the dirty work, but I'll chime in because kicking someone when they're already down is the way I like to fight.

I'm not a journalist. This is not an official record of any kind (thank God for that). And for the record, I'd make a sh*t journalist. Far too impatient for that line of work.

:lol: :lol:

Best. Response. Ever.

Not only is it okay to make sh*t up and pretend someone else said it, it's how I make a living. I'll grant you, it's not a very good living, but I eat.

Sometimes.

Actually, we don't treat you to our hypocritical preachings.

You pay for it.

Winning!

Yes, Tom the Hyperbole King has perfected the art of hyperbole. His efforts in trying to swamp me with his hyperbole were yeoman like. Unfortunately for him I didn't take the bait. As far as me being "down", not likely. The only thing that has been proven here is that both of you are willing to lie to make a point. You freely admit it. TTHK stated it and then backpeddled faster than an all pro safety.

Question. Would you have used the same degree of hyperbole (another word for lie) on posters that you had no preconceived ideas formed as you did on Jim?

Yes, Tom the Hyperbole King has perfected the art of hyperbole. His efforts in trying to swamp me with his hyperbole were yeoman like. Unfortunately for him I didn't take the bait. As far as me being "down", not likely. The only thing that has been proven here is that both of you are willing to lie to make a point. You freely admit it. TTHK stated it and then backpeddled faster than an all pro safety.

Question. Would you have used the same degree of hyperbole (another word for lie) on posters that you had no preconceived ideas formed as you did on Jim?

Hyperbole doesn't mean lie. Never has and never will, no matter how much you wish it were so. I already apologized for any confusion my original post may have caused, even if you were the only one confused by it.

As for whether or not I'd use the same degree of hyperbole (not a word for lie) on posters as I did with Jim would depend entirely on who Jim is and what I said about him.