100 Union Carpenters are Protesting Today at our Hospital

B-Large

required....there's the problem. Even if "I" stink at what I do, you 'have' to hire me (at least some of the time)?

Amen. Common sense should prevail...but if the employers are 'required' to hire certain groups any flexibility goes out the window.

Yeah, its like when GM had lots full of cars they could not move circa 2008, the factories were required to build cars anyway.... how dumb is that?

I get the utility of Unions, and how in the past they protected workers against abuses... but I see them as abusive themselves, to the guys the represent and the company they provide labor for.

I'm not sure what you're asking me. Do you take money from unions to spew the ridiculous rhetoric that politicians have been using to bankrupt the middle class taxpayer?

You and Palin and all Alaskans get $1000 to live in the ice box. Explains why you are so cheerful.

Another Murdoch outfit posing as a legitimate news outlet. Love the uncited sources.

Do you have anything to say that has some substance to it? Your proclamations are weak and of a feeble nature.

I didn't think righties liked to debate. honestly I am open to any debate, let's have at it.

You and Palin and all Alaskans get $1000 to live in the ice box. Explains why you are so cheerful.

Are you that dumb?

Another Murdoch outfit posing as a legitimate news outlet. Love the uncited sources.

So unions aren't corrupt?

I'm with you. The entire story has no credibility because even though the trip WAS funded by union dues and the Post WAS there trying to interview the union bosses, it makes perfect sense that they would manufacturer "uncited sources" as being upset because, let's be honest, there's not a single union worker who should be upset by this. And even if they were upset by it, why wouldn't the Post give their names? Unless the workers asked not to have their names printed, and that makes no sense because what do they have to fear by being openly critical of their bosses in the NY Post?

I seriously have no idea why everyone finds your logic so unbelievably stupid because it seems so bullet-proof to me.

Edited by LABillzFan

Let me amend my earlier statement and say that lawyers, liberals and unions, while once useful, have destroyed this once-great country.

Hear!!!! Hear!!!

Especially the lawyer part, knowing about 80% of Congress claims to be attorneys....

Not against unions.

I'm against MANDATORY membership and MANDATORY use of unions with public money. If unionized companies win a bid fairly, then fine, use them. But no law should be written that requires use of a union contractor.

As far as the Puerto Rico vacation vs big bankers, well, let's see which one is claims to represent to workers... certainly bankers never have.

I am not the person swearing. Keep on reading Murdoch news and you'll stay a moron.

Does someone swearing make you feel more secure in your willful ignorance?

Nothing funnier than the "I'm going to pretend facts don't exist because I don't like the web link" defense.