Is Nelson soft?

Owf71

I Hate to say it and I really like the guy, but seems like he's not making the tough catches...or should say trying to make them. Anyone else see him shutter on that last pass? He practically hid when the ball was thrown. May just be out of frustration but I seem to be yelling "What the #%*{ Nelson" a lot the last few games.

I Hate to say it and I really like the guy, but seems like he's not making the tough catches...or should say trying to make them. Anyone else see him shutter on that last pass? He practically hid when the ball was thrown. May just be out of frustration but I seem to be yelling "What the #%*{ Nelson" a lot the last few games.

I thought he had a good game last week against the Jets - 5 catches for 47 yds, and some of them were tough catches in traffic.

I didn't see the plays you're talking about (I was too frustrated when it came to 1 minute and no timeouts), but I've seen it earlier in the season.

Then the next game he'll show up and play well.

Talley has said on Twitter that as a LB if you just nail some WR early on you own them for the rest of the game, and I'm concerned that may be true of Nelson.

What about Smith though? He was money today.

I think Nelson hears footsteps and is a little hesitant now. I started noticing it a few weeks back, when he took a few big hits (I can't remember which game at the moment).

The entire receiving corps got their asses kicked against Miami...I think it's starting to show they aren't as mentally tough as they need to be.

I think Nelson hears footsteps and is a little hesitant now. I started noticing it a few weeks back, when he took a few big hits (I can't remember which game at the moment).

The entire receiving corps got their asses kicked against Miami...I think it's starting to show they aren't as mentally tough as they need to be.

Agreed. They're all playing like a bunch of sissies.

Nelson is a good route runner for less vertical threat receiver, but a wuss he is not. I would like to see him get more vertical passes like back shoulder throws and streaks and posts. The guy is too big and has too good of hands not to get a few isolation deep targets per game.

I think that last pass by Fitzy was just too fast. It whizzed by Nelson, a defender, then finally right by Stevie before hitting the ground. I wouldn't call Nelson soft. He has the best hands on the team IMO.

You beat me to it. He's got the best hand on the team.