Wasn't Chandlers fumble worth a second look?

Chandler got seriously whacked in the lower back while the pile was holding him up. That caused the fumble. When he got tied up by the pile, I was yelling, "Go down, go down!" I just felt like a fumble was coming. My fault, people. My fault.

He was still fighting for yards(can't get mad for the effort). That was a hard hit to his lower back. He was never the same after that hit.

Reminded me about David's fumble in OT @ Baltimore last year too.

Either way, huge momentum swing.

Exactly, Jwolf! I was thinking of the Baltimore game last year too. The rules committe in the off-season has to look at plays like this. Its too obvious what the opponent has planned. Corral the reciever w/ a bunch of guys holding him up & "walking" him along so there's some forward motion to continue the play, while 3 or 4 other guys mug him to work the ball loose. The initial 2 to 3 guys that first hit him weren't trying to tackle him at all, just holding him up while they & others go after the ball. The Rules comm. has to do something about these tactics.

Exactly, Jwolf! I was thinking of the Baltimore game last year too. The rules committe in the off-season has to look at plays like this. Its too obvious what the opponent has planned. Corral the reciever w/ a bunch of guys holding him up & "walking" him along so there's some forward motion to continue the play, while 3 or 4 other guys mug him to work the ball loose. The initial 2 to 3 guys that first hit him weren't trying to tackle him at all, just holding him up while they & others go after the ball. The Rules comm. has to do something about these tactics.

Or......or, the Bills could use the same technique to their advantage.

Look, what are you proposing the rules committee do?? Rule that the play is dead when 2 or more defenders make contact with a ball carrier? What if the ball carrier is clearly driving forward under his own power--should the ref blow the whistle and spot the ball back at initial (gang) contact?

Let's here your fix for this "problem".

Reminded me about David's fumble in OT @ Baltimore last year too.

Either way, huge momentum swing.

It wasn't David Nelson it was Shawne Nelson and yes it was similar.

I've seen forward progress called for less.

However Chandler has to know that he has 5 dudes on him, its time to get down.

Either way that play was killer and the "hold" on Corey was a killer, however we got a gift touchdown, as Spiller recovered the TD out of bounds. It didn't even look close, imo.