Anyone with NFL sunday ticket, can you answer this:

are all games shown every week, or do they not carry the games that are on network tv in your area, and nationally televised games?

or, put another way:

as of now, i just have rabbit ears on my tv - no fox, no espn. i live out of market.

unless cbs is showing the bills (happens maybe, 5-6 times a year) i go out to a sports bar.

BUT, if i get the NFL sunday ticket next year, and the bills game is shown on fox, or if they are on monday night, will i STILL have to go to a sports bar to watch?

or is every game carried, no matter what?

for what its worth, i would be getting it via the ap on the PS3. don't know if that changes anything....

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if the local fox or cbs affiliate is carrying the game, then the sunday ticket channel is blacket out, forcing you to watch your local channel. It has to do with advertising i think...

Sunday night, monday and thursday broadcasts are never carried on sunday ticket.

Yeah, if it's on your local channel then it isn't on the Sunday Ticket channels (which are in the 700s). However, if they switch mid-game (like the did with the Bills-Cowboys game here in Maine), within a few minutes it should automatically switch over to the Sunday Ticket channel from your local channel (once or twice I've seen complaints about it taking too long, but it's only happened that one time for me and I've been a subscriber for years).

It also blows that the Sunday Ticket phone app won't show a game being shown in your area. Example: while we drove home from Thanksgiving I wanted to watch the Bills/Jets game on my phone but because the game was on Philly and NYC TV, my phone app was blacked out. You would think that the DTV would realize if I am watching the game on my phone it's probably because I don't have access to a TV. :angry:

PTR

It also blows that the Sunday Ticket phone app won't show a game being shown in your area. Example: while we drove home from Thanksgiving I wanted to watch the Bills/Jets game on my phone but because the game was on Philly and NYC TV, my phone app was blacked out. You would think that the DTV would realize if I am watching the game on my phone it's probably because I don't have access to a TV. :angry:

PTR

I went to my buddies house when we played the Eagles and planned on watching the game on my laptop but it wouldn't work. I think that is BS since it is a different platform and if we are using our phones or laptops it is for a reason.

PTR

Or you would think they're assuming the game is blacked out for the locals and find life is easier blacking out the phone version. Do the regular ads show up on the phone version of the game? If not, that's the easy explanation.

Sunday Ticket games are in the low 700 range. There is a listing for each game within that range

Fox and CBS will carry 1-2 games apiece. For example, this week my TV market gets

Fox 1PM Jets@Redskins

CBS 1PM Tebows@Vikings

Fox 4PM Packers@Giants

If I decide to watch the Tebows and go to the Sunday Ticket 70x channel, there will be a message the channel is available elsewhere. The game will be televised on the local Fox station

SNF, MNF, and TNF are exempt from Sunday ticket.

Or you would think they're assuming the game is blacked out for the locals and find life is easier blacking out the phone version. Do the regular ads show up on the phone version of the game? If not, that's the easy explanation.

National ads, no local. The feed goes blank then. But don't get me wrong. This app is a lifesaver to have.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

get sunday ticket and you will never look back. With directv u can GURANTEE u will always get to see the Bills and ANY other NFL game you want to watch. The only issue would be if you lived in the Buffalo broadcast area and this weekends game would be blacked out for ya, going to a sports bar wont help that unless ya drive outside the Bills broadcast area.

I really like my Sunday Ticket and the info you've gotten here is good. One additional piece of info -- If the game is on local TV in your area and blacked out, although you won't see it on the Ticket, you can see pieces of it on the RedZone channel when a team is moving to score. You can't really watch the game that way, but you can see the scoring plays.

are all games shown every week, or do they not carry the games that are on network tv in your area, and nationally televised games?

or, put another way:

as of now, i just have rabbit ears on my tv - no fox, no espn. i live out of market.

unless cbs is showing the bills (happens maybe, 5-6 times a year) i go out to a sports bar.

BUT, if i get the NFL sunday ticket next year, and the bills game is shown on fox, or if they are on monday night, will i STILL have to go to a sports bar to watch?

or is every game carried, no matter what?

for what its worth, i would be getting it via the ap on the PS3. don't know if that changes anything....

If you live in an area, like I do down here in Virginia that isn't in the "home market" for any team, I get every game every week. The only thing is, the games on the local channels, are blacked out on the Sunday Ticket channels, but you still get the games. If you are in a local market like Buffalo, and they don't sell out and the game is blacked out locally, it is blacked out on Sunday Ticket also.

Two areas on DirecTV that will not be blacked out. The Red Zone Channel and NFL Game Mix, so you can still catch the game.

i wish the PS3 had the game mix, i used to watch that more then anything when i had DTV

Does anyone know if you are watching the game on a laptop via Sunday Ticket, are the blackout rules dictated by your physical location or the home address on the Direct TV account?

That is a good question, not sure but it would be worth a try. I would guess by the address on the account, if you have someone's account info from out of the area might be worth a try.

Does anyone know if you are watching the game on a laptop via Sunday Ticket, are the blackout rules dictated by your physical location or the home address on the Direct TV account?

Blackout rules apply to the home address not physical location. I went to visit relatives in Phoenix once and set up my dish. Received no local channels and the ticket was blacked out. Called DTV and the Rep stated that the rules apply based on home location on record not physical location of the dish.

I don't think you're going to have to worry about Sunday/Monday/Thursday night games involving the Bills next season.

I have had Sunday ticket for years. Here is how it works. All Sunday afternoon games (not Sunday night, Monday night, Thursday or Saturday games), early and late start: 1 PM EST and 4 PM Est, are listed and will be shown on Sunday ticket unless that game is (1) being broadcast on local, regional tv in your market. So for example, if you live in Chicago, and the Bears are being broadcast on the local Fox channel (Channel 32 in Chicago), they will not be available on the Sunday Ticket channel in Chicagoland and the regional area. If you want to watch the Bears and you are in the area it's Channel 32 or nothing. If you are out of the area, say in Cleveland, Ohio, then the Bears will be viewable on Sunday ticket.

I watch all the Bills games on Sunday ticket here in Chicago. However, The Jets game was on the local CBS channel in Chicago (Channel 2) so you had to watch it on Channel 2, not Sunday Ticket.

Remember no Sunday Ticket for non-Sunday games. Saturday games, playoffs, Thursday, and Monday, and Thanksgiving, are all available on regular network tv in your local market. You will need to be able to receive your local channels via rabbit ears, cable, antenna or other means to receive those channels.

Besides the games, Sunday ticket gives you extras like, pregame shows, player trackers, game mixes and the like. Finally, if you negotiate with Directv, which is a must, you will get a cheaper price, and receive the games free on your smartphone or other device that has the Sunday Ticket app. I get the games on my Android smartphone, at no additional cost, but the reception is spotty at best, and many times not worth the bother.