• too much?
    • too little?
    • just right?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If everyone is going to talk about his immaturity on the field atleast talk about his maturity off the field....

I don't think he should have been fined at all. I don't think he should have done the celebration, but I think it's BS that he got a fine for it. If he should be fined for anything it's for those two drops with the game on the line.

Didn't drop two....

Didn't drop two....

Maybe I need my TV adjusted because on my TV there were two passes that hit him on the hands on that game losing drive. You can argue that the end zone pass was behind him, but a true #1 receiver makes that catch with the game on the line.

Considering it was his 3rd offense, he got off pretty lightly I think.

BTW, I was racking my mind trying to remember his 2nd excessive celebration penalty/fine.

Everyone remembers the Cinci game and the latest one. Here's a refresher on the middle one (pretty damn funny):

"Johnson expressed regret for hurting his team following the game and later called Burress to apologize. It is the third time he's been disciplined by the league for end zone celebrations. He was fined $10,000 last season for falling to the ground while shooting a mock rifle, an imitation of the Minuteman at Patriots games, and $5,000 for lifting his uniform to reveal a t-shirt reading "Why So Serious?" after scoring against the Bengals."

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Considering it was his 3rd offense, he got off pretty lightly I think.

Agreed. As far as consistency goes, should have been more than $10K...

I think the NFL is just plain embarrassed to have that whole Plax incident dredged up again.

He got the worst penalty he could. 15 yards and public scorn.

ESPN AFC East blogger James Walker's http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/34954/steve-johnsons-10k-fine-is-too-light take on this is absurd. I've liked this guy, but he needs to take a Valium on this one. Good lord, the celebration was stupid and over the top...like a gazillion dances before this one.

And, btw, I find his name "a tasteless display" to people who can't walk. Lighten up, Mr. Walker.

Maybe I need my TV adjusted because on my TV there were two passes that hit him on the hands on that game losing drive. You can argue that the end zone pass was behind him, but a true #1 receiver makes that catch with the game on the line.

Roddey White has 9 drops ...most in the league 3 would have been tds ... next?

If everyone is going to talk about his immaturity on the field atleast talk about his maturity off the field....

Sure...you mean like the time he maturely signed an appearance contract in Rochester, and then no-showed and didn't apologize or make good at a later date?

Or how about the time he was maturely taking care of biz by clubbin' on Thursday nite real late and then left practice sick on Friday and sucked in the Sunday game?

(I have nothing against a player having fun, not if it interferes with the next days bizness and throws him off his game tho)

Then there would be the mature way he tweets, and the mature way, in his Mon. interview, he threw Fitz under the bus for the dropped pass at the end of the Jets game instead of owning some responsibility?

Is that the maturity off the field you want us to talk about?

Or is it some other maturity off the field you'd like to clue us to?

Don't get me wrong, Elda. From everything I've seen Stevie is a nice young man, fun and personable, and a rising player. He could be great.

I also think he shows classic signs of being a player who is letting some success go a bit to his head and feeling a bit entitled and losing some focus. I see this in his actions on the field, and in his tweets and some reported actions off the field. My opinion, agree or disagree.