Vontaze Burfict

I love his tenacity and hit power. He plays inside, and I think that's the least of our worries. Can he make the adjustment to the outside? Does he have pass rush moves, or does he just run straight and lay people out? I'm not sure, haven't seen him play much. Has anyone here seen him play and can comment on his pass rush arsenal? If he doesn't have any moves, I'd take a pass. If he does, take him he's there (cough, unless barkley or Griffen are there, cough). Upshaw seems to be the other logical fit. I'd be happy if we reunited he and Dareus.

I live in Phoenix, and have watched him play for 2 seasons now. i dont want him. He will make 1 play a game. and take 2- 15 yard penalties. He will also take plays off when he is tired.

I reeeeeeeally want to like Burfict, but after watching a few of his games, the bold is what I took away too.

The first game I watched, I had to look online to see if he was actually playing.

3 games, and I'm not sure I saw him make one big play. Certainly not the type of plays the Alabama LBs make regularly that have announcers calling their names constantly.

I'm not worried about him taking penalties, though. We need some intensity and fire.

The question for Zona, and im not challenging what you said just knowing your more informed than me. Is he projected high? Any chance he will fall and could be taken up as a project? Would he even be worth a pick as a "project" thanks!

At the start of this season, he was projected as a top ten talent, who would have to overcome the personal fouls to actually get picked in that area. He has the perfect physical toolset for MLB, just not the head. He takes the occasional cheap shot. He talks 9 different kinds of trash and causes conflict almost every game(some of this could be in self-defense, though. I mean, I am not on the field, so i wont speculate who said what to whom to start the problem). It's too bad really, because this guy is physically gifted. He hits like a truck. he can run down people all over the field. He just might take out the guy next to the pile after the whistle, too.

And I have not seen any, i mean not one play THIS year, that made an impact on the game. No forced fumbles, not hits on the qb leading to a pick 6, nothing. I am not saying he didnt make plays, but I dont remember any. And I watched every asu game since i am a fan...

Is he worth a 3rd or 4th rd pick? Absolutely. A first or a second rd pick? i would say no way...

At the start of this season, he was projected as a top ten talent, who would have to overcome the personal fouls to actually get picked in that area. He has the perfect physical toolset for MLB, just not the head. He takes the occasional cheap shot. He talks 9 different kinds of trash and causes conflict almost every game(some of this could be in self-defense, though. I mean, I am not on the field, so i wont speculate who said what to whom to start the problem). It's too bad really, because this guy is physically gifted. He hits like a truck. he can run down people all over the field. He just might take out the guy next to the pile after the whistle, too.

And I have not seen any, i mean not one play THIS year, that made an impact on the game. No forced fumbles, not hits on the qb leading to a pick 6, nothing. I am not saying he didnt make plays, but I dont remember any. And I watched every asu game since i am a fan...

Is he worth a 3rd or 4th rd pick? Absolutely. A first or a second rd pick? i would say no way...

Thanks for the feedback, kinda hoping he takes a spiral in the draft and we can steal him

Burfict or Donte Hightower would be a great addition but i don't see Nix getting some one like Burfict because he may feel that he can't be controlled . But Ray Lewis & the Ravens are drooling right now !!!! You know it !!!!!!!

Maybe Wanny can change there minds seeing as he is the LB coach & with Wally backing him up maybe !!!!!

We need an OLB as a top priority. Plus this guy is a headcase I watched him single handely lose a game against Stanford. I'm pretty sure I'd stay away.

I'd much rather have Courtney Upshaw. UPSHAW IS WHAT Dr Dareus ordered. It would be a dream come true.

If he came to play every week he has the tools to be a top player.

The problem is he doesn't come to play every week.Maybe once or twice he wakes up like its a new idea.

I wouldn't take him in the seventh round.we need players that play every play.

I would take Kelsey every day over this troubled individual.

Not a fan of Upshaw to be honest. Guy averages half a sack and that's in the SEC, where most tackles aren't very good. No real explosiveness, solid players but won't be dominate. Burfict is the type of player that falls to teams like the Ravens and Steelers. They'll correct his issues and watch him become a dominant player in the league. Ngata had motivation issues, look at him now.

Not a fan of many of the LBs to be honest, but the guy with the most upside is Burfict imo. Hightower hasn't been the same since his knee injury, lost a lot of his speed/explosiveness.

Edit: Another guy with good explosiveness is West Virginia DE Bruce Irvin, hasn't done much this year but I don't think they use him properly and neither would George Edwards. West Virginia rushes 3, they really don't blitz him from a 2 pt stance.

Edited by bouds