Book Signing With Marv Levy

Hey Everyone,

I just got back from my book signing with Marv at the Main Place Mall. I'm happy to say that both Marv and I sold out of all stocked copies of our books (Of course for Marv that was quite a few more books than it was for me.)

It was quite a spectacle to see so many people lined up to see Marv. Most waited in line at least two hours. I got some of the overflow by telling people that I was "the lesser well-known of the two authors signing today" and by guaranteeing no two-hour waits for my book.

I was able to talk with Marv before the signing and present him with a copy of Buffalo Soul Lifters. I told him that he was sure to enjoy the chapter concerning Gus and TBD. He was very affable and wished me continued success.

Marv signed for an extra hour until all copies were gone; just as I signed the last copies of Soul Lifters.

For me it was an early Christmas present that I'll cherish for a long, long time.

Hey Everyone,

I just got back from my book signing with Marv at the Main Place Mall. I'm happy to say that both Marv and I sold out of all stocked copies of our books (Of course for Marv that was quite a few more books than it was for me.)

It was quite a spectacle to see so many people lined up to see Marv. Most waited in line at least two hours. I got some of the overflow by telling people that I was "the lesser well-known of the two authors signing today" and by guaranteeing no two-hour waits for my book.

I was able to talk with Marv before the signing and present him with a copy of Buffalo Soul Lifters. I told him that he was sure to enjoy the chapter concerning Gus and TBD. He was very affable and wished me continued success.

Marv signed for an extra hour until all copies were gone; just as I signed the last copies of Soul Lifters.

For me it was an early Christmas present that I'll cherish for a long, long time.

176141[/snapback]

Thanks for the update. Do you know how sales are going?

Thanks for the update.  Do you know how sales are going?

176146[/snapback]

For Marv or for me?

In both cases, it's very well. My book has just about sold out of the initial printing and is set to go to the second printing just after the new year. Marv, of course, is doing really well.

The scuttlebutt that I heard was that his publisher greatly underestimated the popularity of his book and ran far few too copies. I know that I spoke with many people today who wanted a copy and couldn't find one any where in WNY.

I thought that was you. When I found out they were sold out of the Marv books I almost bought one of yours. Instead, I found a kind soul who sold me her extra copy and I waited in line for Marv, but then had to rush back to work, so I didn't have time to come over and wish you a TBD Xmas.

Did he stay for everyone? I thought he had a plane to catch?

I thought that was you. When I found out they were sold out of the Marv books I almost bought one of yours. Instead, I found a kind soul who sold me her extra copy and I waited in line for Marv, but then had to rush back to work, so I didn't have time to come over and wish you a TBD Xmas.

Did he stay for everyone? I thought he had a plane to catch?

176202[/snapback]

He stayed until 2 PM and I only saw one or two people turned away as he was packing up.

I'm sorry that we didn't have a chance to meet. I'll be at the Pittsburgh game and hope to meet some more TBDers there.

For Marv or for me?

In both cases, it's very well. My book has just about sold out of the initial printing and is set to go to the second printing just after the new year. Marv, of course, is doing really well.

The scuttlebutt that I heard was that his publisher greatly underestimated the popularity of his book and ran far few too copies. I know that I spoke with many people today who wanted a copy and couldn't find one any where in WNY.

176167[/snapback]

You, of course. I'm glad it's doing well.

For Marv or for me?

176167[/snapback]

I would agree with that definitely. This book has been like the major Xmas toy this year - everyone in Buffalo wants it, and there is a limited supply. While I waited in line tues night for him to sign my book and one for my grandfather, the guy ahead of me astutely noted that Marv's book will sell rampantly in the WNY area, and contrastly not that much everywhere else. And I agree, from what I gathered in the brief encounter he was the embodiment of class. Good to see your book is doing well, too, good luck.

I would agree with that definitely.  This book has been like the major Xmas toy this year - everyone in Buffalo wants it, and there is a limited supply.  While I waited in line tues night for him to sign my book and one for my grandfather, the guy ahead of me astutely noted that Marv's book will sell rampantly in the WNY area, and contrastly not that much everywhere else.  And I agree, from what I gathered in the brief encounter he was the embodiment of class.  Good to see your book is doing well, too, good luck.

176544[/snapback]

Yes Marv was class with a capital "C."

Thanks for the kind words.

He stayed until 2 PM and I only saw one or two people turned away as he was packing up.

I'm sorry that we didn't have a chance to meet. I'll be at the Pittsburgh game and hope to meet some more TBDers there.

Considering you had no book signing in the Southtowns, what time are you stopping by Hammer's Lot Jan. 2, 2005 to sign my copy????

This book has been like the major Xmas toy this year - everyone in Buffalo wants it, and there is a limited supply.  While I waited in line tues night for him to sign my book and one for my grandfather, the guy ahead of me astutely noted that Marv's book will sell rampantly in the WNY area, and contrastly not that much everywhere else.  .

176544[/snapback]

I was able to get 1 copy of Marvs book here in Manhattan/Long Island, Someone I know was looking for a copy for her husband, so I let her have it, now I have been to 6 different stores and have not been able to find it anywhere.

I was able to get 1 copy of Marvs book here in Manhattan/Long Island, Someone I know was looking for a copy for her husband, so I let her have it, now I have been to 6 different stores and have not been able to find it anywhere.

FedEx drop of some books of today at the Pro shop at the Ralph. When I was there the books were still cold from the truck.

Season ticket holders get 5%or10% off at the Pro shop.

FedEx drop of some bvooks of today at the Pro shop at the Ralph. TWhen I was there the books were still cold from the truck.

Season ticket holders get 5%or10% off at the Pro shop.

177522[/snapback]

10% with your Extra Point Value card. You must have the card with you to get the discount.