AFC/Bills Playoff Hunt (7 weeks to go)

Ramius

I've got a friend with way too much time on his hands, so he came up with these scenarios for the Bills getting in the playoffs...

If the Bills go 5-2 to finish at 10-6, they would need one of these to happen:

1. PIT goes 3-3, w/ 2 AFC losses (next 2 games are CRITICAL) - BYE, *at KC, *CIN, CLE, *at SF, STL, at CLE (BUF wins AFC record).

2. a) BAL goes 3-3 in AFC games - *CIN, [sF], at CLE, IND, *at SD, CLE, *at CIN OR

b) BAL loses to SF and has 2 losses out of CIN, at SD, at CIN AND BUF sweeps at NYJ, TEN, at SD (BUF wins common opp. 3-2 over 2-3).

3. a) CIN loses 4 out of 7 - *at Bal, CLE, *at Pit, *HOU, at STL, ARI, *BAL OR

b) CIN loses 3 AFC games AND HOU or a West team TIES at 10-6 with at least 4 AFC losses (CIN eliminated in 3-team tie, then BUF beats other team).

4. NE goes 4-2 in the next 6 weeks, then the Bills beat them W17 - *KC, *at PHI, IND, at Wash, at Den, MIA.

I've got a friend with way too much time on his hands, so he came up with these scenarios for the Bills getting in the playoffs...

A lot of ifs...seems there are more likely scenarios. I just hate the idea that two AFCW teams can get in there.

If we finish 10-6, I think the tie breakers are likely to come out in our favor, and I have a tough time seeing the Ravens and Bengals both getting to 10-6 (especially with two head to heads), with most likely guessing the Bengals stumble and finish 9-7.

I think things really pivot on the Jets game, which if we win, we are in good shape (need to finish 3-2) and if we lose we will be in very tough shape. But that game only matters if we beat the Fish on Sunday.

I don't think seven weeks out is much of a calculate percentages situation yet, it is still just win your game and hope for some losses among your competitors, but this gets interesting more and more each week that goes by. And it is amazing to be in a control your own destiny 10 weeks into the season.

In my opinion, Baltimore and Pittsburgh are both going to the playoffs. Dont see it happening any other way.

The remaining wild card slot is between Buffalo, NY Jets, and Tennessee.

Since Buffalo plays both the Jets and Tennessee, those games are critical.

Just cant see Cincinnati pulling this off...but if they do, their road goes through Baltimore and Pittsburgh, so they will supplant either Baltimore or Pittsburgh as the one wildcard from the North.

I think 10-6 gets us in...or 9-7 with wins over both Tennessee and NY Jets.

In my opinion, Baltimore and Pittsburgh are both going to the playoffs. Dont see it happening any other way.

The remaining wild card slot is between Buffalo, NY Jets, and Tennessee.

Since Buffalo plays both the Jets and Tennessee, those games are critical.

Just cant see Cincinnati pulling this off...but if they do, their road goes through Baltimore and Pittsburgh, so they will supplant either Baltimore or Pittsburgh as the one wildcard from the North.

I think 10-6 gets us in...or 9-7 with wins over both Tennessee and NY Jets.

Its this simple, If Cincy beats the Ravens this Sunday which I'm expecting them to do (Ray Lewis is out) and the Bills squish the fish, we hold the last seed.

Then all we have to do is hold onto it...

This is so much more fun than last year.

this x a million.

can't see it any other way as a bills fan.

we're far from perfect... hell, far from great.

but it's week 11, and we're in contention, in control of our own destiny.

there's work to be done... free agents to be signed.. players to be drafted.

but 5-4 with a look at a wild card > 1-8 looking towards the draft.

We wont go 5-2 and wont see the playoffs. especially without Williams and Wood. Should beat Miami twice, doubtful we beat NY at NY, We wont be able to come up with a scheme to stop Tebow,not to mention Denver's starters manhandled ours in the preseason. Rivers will pick our defense apart, as any above average QB seems to...could very well beat Tennessee....we finish 8-8