Thought I'd drop by and let you know what my boy

Doc

Since there hasn't been much news on McGahee, I thought I'd share this with you all. I saw Mike today and he asked me if I saw him on ESPN's "Hot List" on Monday (around 5:45 PM, which is when he's usually on). I said I missed it, but wanted to know if he talked about McGahee. He said he asked ESPN if they wanted him to talk about McGahee, but they said "no, TO's the big story and that's all we're interested in." I asked him if he saw McGahee's injury and he said it's not the knee he wrecked in college. I said I know, and that that was a good thing. He said it's probably a stretched MCL. I told him the tests were negative and said he thinks he'll miss 1, maybe 2 weeks at most, and that he'll most likely be ready for the Steelers game. I said thanks.

As an aside, I asked him about TO and he said "he's toast." Thinks there is a VERY small chance he'll play in the SB, but said that the Eagles never made it there without him, so they won't make it this year. I have to say I was impressed with that, since this guy knew little about the NFL before taking the job.

That was pretty much it. I wish I could give you more, but he's not privy to any medical information about the players, just what he thinks based on what he sees.

TO is definitely toast. The Super Bowl is 7 weeks from the date of his injury. No way can he come back from a broken fibula and a bad ankle in 7 weeks. He certainly can't come back with time to practice enough to get into game shape.