Stevie Johnson

BuffaloWest

+1

It amazes me that there are so many fans that are willing to continue the treadmill of releasing our good players via FA only to have to spend a draft pick to replace them. If we let Stevie walk, WR becomes a monstrous hole on this team. We'll then see how well freddie runs when opposing defenses stack 9 in the box.

Not to touch on a sore spot, but its the same wrt corners. We JUST used the second pick of round 2 on a corner, and people actually want to use a first round pick on yet another.

The play of all of the corners is down because we have the worst pass rush in the NFL. As we speak, out best pass rushers are a 340 lb. Dareus, and an inconsistent Moats. This is unacceptable.

The most frustrating thing about being a Bills fan is the fact that answers to our problems stare us in the face, however management usually fails to address these glaring needs.

That said.....GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to touch on a sore spot, but its the same wrt corners. We JUST used the second pick of round 2 on a corner, and people actually want to use a first round pick on yet another.

The play of all of the corners is down because we have the worst pass rush in the NFL. As we speak, out best pass rushers are a 340 lb. Dareus, and an inconsistent Moats. This is unacceptable.

The most frustrating thing about being a Bills fan is the fact that answers to our problems stare us in the face, however management usually fails to address these glaring needs.

Yup. The most frustrating thing about McKelvin is not his inconsistent play, but the fact we should have simply kept Jabari Greer and thus not have had to spend a pick on Leodis.

The Bills would be wise to resign Stevie...he is good, but not great.

His numbers don't indicate that he is a #1 reciever.

Thru 9 games, he has 44 catches for 531 yards about half of what he did last season when Evans was around. He only has 4 TDs so far. He is a productive WR for us and fits in the Bills' system. However, we need a deep threat who can get open and has good hands. (Evans had the speed but could not consistently get open and was not versatile). We absolutely have to draft/acquire one who fits this description. I think Stevie will shine even more in that situation. Having said that, I don't think he is a top flight #1 WR. I want him on the Bills for a long time, but not to be paid top 5 money due to his limitations. Maybe top 10 money.

I don't see them letting Stevie walk. I think Chan and Buddy will do what it takes to get him signed long term. Remember Donald Jones is only in his second year. He was a UDFA last year. He still needs a lot of work no doubt, but he is a guy with a lot of potential next to Stevie. Additionally, the more I think about and the more I see it, I really think Mr. Spiller is going to find himself playing WR full time pretty soon. I liked what White did in preseason. I wouldn't be shocked it that came to pass.

There are 32 teams in the league. Seems to me that the 25th best receiver is better than a "solid #2."

You guys are being too literal. Half the teams in the league are unhappy with their #1 wide receiver.

There really are only about 15 #1's in the league. Stevie is not one of them. He's a very good #2.

There aren't many great X's in the NFL, perhaps as few as 7 or so. But not keeping SJ at a reasonable rate, perhaps 6M per sets the franchise back in the early stages of another rebuild. We have no idea what he's looking for, but I think he has more options on the UFA market than Fitzgerald did. Teams will overpay for younger receivers, even those who are more like a Z than an X.

It depends on the price.

At some point you have to let him go and accept the compensatory draft pick.

I don't sign him at ANY cost.

BTW, what an epically bad week for Stevie.

The no-show at the autograph signing, then missing practice, and then getting nicked up in the game after being unproductive.

Ouch.

It amazes me that people fail to realize how big a need CB is in this league nowadays. Have you watched McGee this year? Have you wanted McKelvin ever?

It amazes me that people fail to realize how big a need CB is in this league nowadays. Have you watched McGee this year? Have you wanted McKelvin ever?

Sure I have. Have you seen our pass rush? It is so bad that folks are upset about the injury to Kelsay, a so-so pass rusher.

Sanchez looked like Joe Montana against us. Secondary play improves when a qb doesn't have all day to throw.