Newt Is Just The Latest

3rdnlng

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please tell me that you are unable to breed.

Yeah. I think it would be extremely naive of us, 3rdnlng, to imagine that these new developments are going to cause any change in Fox News expansionist policy. I mean, we must be... increasingly on the alert to prevent them from taking over other mass-media space, in order to breed more prodigiously than we do, thus, knocking us out in superior numbers when we emerge! 3rdnlng, we must not allowwwww a deliberative media gap!

Edited by Juror#8

Yeah. I think it would be extremely naive of us, 3rdnlng, to imagine that these new developments are going to cause any change in Fox News expansionist policy. I mean, we must be... increasingly on the alert to prevent them from taking over other mass-media space, in order to breed more prodigiously than we do, thus, knocking us out in superior numbers when we emerge! 3rdnlng, we must not allowwwww a deliberative media gap!

This post made me feel like the AFLAC Duck as he stumbled out of the barbershop after listening to Yogi Berra.

Well, while I usually applaud any sly reference to old, classic movies (in this case, Dr. Strangelove),

the humor only works if there is some truth to it. . . . . . . . . . . . . and the tired old "bias" cliches about Fox News (held as gospel by the left) certainlydon't apply here, since everyone in the media was jumping on Newt, not "only" Fox.

There is a liberal bias in the media, it doesn't disappear just because Fox reports a story also.

Well, while I usually applaud any sly reference to old, classic movies (in this case, Dr. Strangelove),

the humor only works if there is some truth to it. . . . . . . . . . . . . and the tired old "bias" cliches about Fox News (held as gospel by the left) certainlydon't apply here, since everyone in the media was jumping on Newt, not "only" Fox.

There is a liberal bias in the media, it doesn't disappear just because Fox reports a story also.

As an independent, I find it funny that the left bashes right wing media, while the right thinks that media in general has a left wing bias. I find most media irritating and biased one way or the other and I completely avoid MSNBC and Fox.

As an independent, I find it funny that the left bashes right wing media, while the right thinks that media in general has a left wing bias. I find most media irritating and biased one way or the other and I completely avoid MSNBC and Fox.

Yes, but................ :devil:

Sorry about your bad day Adam, but even though your response as an "independent" is correct, (the extremes on both ends of the scale claim that the media is biased against their side)

and it can be quite irritating.

However, it does not change my premise at all.

polls over the past few decades, of the general public and of industry insiders have shown that the vast majority of the "mainstream" media leans "progressive (re: liberal)

While individuals can complain about their view of slanted coverage, the consensus is conclusive.

Hope your day picks up.

By "the media" are you referring to the major network news outlets?

:thumbsup: I figured you would take it well.

Adam & crew

Nice- only I hate both sides for being utter failures, so I can't really be on a fence....maybe parallel to one?

Sorry about your bad day Adam, but even though your response as an "independent" is correct, (the extremes on both ends of the scale claim that the media is biased against their side)

and it can be quite irritating.

However, it does not change my premise at all.

polls over the past few decades, of the general public and of industry insiders have shown that the vast majority of the "mainstream" media leans "progressive (re: liberal)

While individuals can complain about their view of slanted coverage, the consensus is conclusive.

Hope your day picks up.

I appreciate it, but working in the tightly knit world of collegiate athletics, I nearly became physically ill at the horrible news about Oklahoma State, this morning. I have worked a bit with some people up there over the last few years and can't comprehend what they are going through right now.

As far as the media, I see a lot of left and right bias. Instead of being balanced, many networks choose to be dumb both ways.

Edited by Adam

If Huntsman or Romney doesn't get the nomination, I'd vote for Obama.

Really? Logic fails me on that one. If Huntsman (Obama's employee) or Romney (Obama's role model) don't get the nomination your are going to go ahead an vote for the guy that ties the two together?

Oooooooooooo...... Don't think that one over too hard.

Really? Logic fails me on that one. If Huntsman (Obama's employee) or Romney (Obama's role model) don't get the nomination your are going to go ahead an vote for the guy that ties the two together?

President Obama's role model? Please- Romney isn't anything but a liar- he was actually against the healthcare bill, but didn't stand a chance in trying to stop it completely, in Massachusetts. I would never vote for a liar- I'd rather see Cain or Perry get the nomination. Its a shame that Rice or even the reality show guy (sounds bad, but I have been in the office all day and I'm just drawing a blank on the name) didn't decide to run.

I see that you have a discerning eye and great taste in cinema. :thumbsup:

:rolleyes: