Now we get to see exactly what type of team this REALLY is!

Well, according to Bills nation, the same Bills nation that clamored for Ralph Wilson to extend the contract of Ryan Fitzpatrick after a 3-0 start (which he eventually did, btw-Fitzpatrick hasn't won a game since being given the contract extension), yes the same Bills nation that kept saying that George Edwards "ball-hawking" defense was one of the best in the league (even though they are on pace to give up a record amount of yardage this season), and lets not forget the same Bills nation that said that this is finally the year that they get into the playoffs after ending an embarrassing streak of defeats at the hands of the New England Patriots (yes the same Patriots who may very well have an even worse defense than the Bills, yet somehow are atop the AFC East by throwing to Tight Ends all the time).

I must admit, life sucks right now as a Bills fan. Does it feel like 2008 all over again? Absolutely! But there is a difference between this team and the one that started 5-1 that year and finished winning 1-9 that year. Contrary to what many of the so-called "experts" believe, this team does have WAY more talent than that team. Fitzpatrick DOES deserve that contract. I really believe that he is simply trying to play up to the contract and throw balls that he can not make. He needs to just do what he does best. The team DOES NOT need to desparately go out and sign Terrell Owens, it DOES need to involve Fred Jackson in the offense WAY more than it has the last two weeks. Yes, the offensive line, as I expected, is dealing with alot of key injuries. But good teams learn to adjust to injuries. One of the questions that remains, if this team wants to make the playoffs, is can they adjust accordingly. Test #1 failed this past week in Dallas (Fitzpatrick was blasted on the very first offensive play from scrimmage, and the team seemingly didn't recover and looked rattled the rest of the day.)

This is gut-check time in Buffalo. Not all hope is lost. I personally believe this is still the best team the Bills have fielded in ten years. My feelings haven't changed since the 3-0 start. But, as they say: The NFL season isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. Injuries occur, every team has them. The Green Bay Packers have injuries (10-0), the San Francisco 49ers have injuries and are QBed by Alex Smith and have a rookie head coach (8-1). Good teams learn to deal with things as the season moves along. The one thing that made this team good ealry in the season was how they overcame adversity. Overcoming deficites of 18 and 21 points. They have a signature catchphrase "Nobody cirles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills". Its time to dig deep and find out, as Stevie Johnson quoted earlier this year, if these aren't "the same old Buffalo Bills". Chan, Fitz, Stevie....now its time to PROVE IT!

I have to wonder if Fitz is suffering through a similar issue that romo had, that is playing hurt. Especially after the hit he took in the Redskins game. Perhaps he will be fully healthy and loose and light up miami as the Romo did to us.

This defense is bad when fully healthy and now they are far from it. Did you plan on the offense putting up 50 a week. We are not dead but the injuries have crippled a team with no depth in year two of a rebuild. This isn't 2008 all over again, it's a team that when healthy can play descent ball but is always close to a house of cards due to lack of depth. Takes time to build depth

Doing some trending, if you throw out Fitz's stats in the first three games--the last 6 games he looks average-below average at best...

I bet i could put some numbers together that make him look top half.

Well, according to Bills nation, the same Bills nation that clamored for Ralph Wilson to extend the contract of Ryan Fitzpatrick after a 3-0 start (which he eventually did, btw-Fitzpatrick hasn't won a game since being given the contract extension), yes the same Bills nation that kept saying that George Edwards "ball-hawking" defense was one of the best in the league (even though they are on pace to give up a record amount of yardage this season), and lets not forget the same Bills nation that said that this is finally the year that they get into the playoffs after ending an embarrassing streak of defeats at the hands of the New England Patriots (yes the same Patriots who may very well have an even worse defense than the Bills, yet somehow are atop the AFC East by throwing to Tight Ends all the time).

I must admit, life sucks right now as a Bills fan. Does it feel like 2008 all over again? Absolutely! But there is a difference between this team and the one that started 5-1 that year and finished winning 1-9 that year. Contrary to what many of the so-called "experts" believe, this team does have WAY more talent than that team. Fitzpatrick DOES deserve that contract. I really believe that he is simply trying to play up to the contract and throw balls that he can not make. He needs to just do what he does best. The team DOES NOT need to desparately go out and sign Terrell Owens, it DOES need to involve Fred Jackson in the offense WAY more than it has the last two weeks. Yes, the offensive line, as I expected, is dealing with alot of key injuries. But good teams learn to adjust to injuries. One of the questions that remains, if this team wants to make the playoffs, is can they adjust accordingly. Test #1 failed this past week in Dallas (Fitzpatrick was blasted on the very first offensive play from scrimmage, and the team seemingly didn't recover and looked rattled the rest of the day.)

This is gut-check time in Buffalo. Not all hope is lost. I personally believe this is still the best team the Bills have fielded in ten years. My feelings haven't changed since the 3-0 start. But, as they say: The NFL season isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. Injuries occur, every team has them. The Green Bay Packers have injuries (10-0), the San Francisco 49ers have injuries and are QBed by Alex Smith and have a rookie head coach (8-1). Good teams learn to deal with things as the season moves along. The one thing that made this team good ealry in the season was how they overcame adversity. Overcoming deficites of 18 and 21 points. They have a signature catchphrase "Nobody cirles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills". Its time to dig deep and find out, as Stevie Johnson quoted earlier this year, if these aren't "the same old Buffalo Bills". Chan, Fitz, Stevie....now its time to PROVE IT!

someone always says THIS week the bills have to proove or this is the deciding game.....

next week somebody else will say it. guarantee it.

Like we don't know. We know damn well what this team is made of... SUGAR AND SPICE AND EVERYTHING NICE. Buddy talked a good game... and bragged about how he built the Chargers... the 3-4 defense so they could manhandle the Colts. What a crock. There ain't no such thing as taking 2 and three years to transition from a 3-4 to the 3-4. You suck it up, bite the bullet and do it right away and take your lumps. Gregg Williams took the 2nd rated Bills 3-4 defense and turned it into the 4-3 in one season. Albeit, a sucky one, but with the Bills bringing in a new coach the fans wer OK with it. And the fans let it ride for the first year with Gailey. If Buddy and Gailey would have had a plan and made the full switch last year, then this year you'd have been respectable and in year three able to make a quantum leap.

Doing some trending, if you throw out Fitz's stats in the first three games--the last 6 games he looks average-below average at best...

How do you figure? Since the first three he's had three mediocre to bad ratings of 75, 51 and 45, and three good to great of 88, 93, and 116 (this was AFTER the extension). To me that is pretty much a model of consistency. He's just had two bad games in a row and it's a "what have you done for me lately" type of league. Plus the 49 against the Cowboys doesn't mean much to me, because there were just SO many dropped balls, and several tipped balls which also played apart in one of the INT. Another was a misplayed route on garbage time. He actually had a first half rating of over 100 but it was too much to comeback so play become fairly reckless.

We can all agree there are only like 5-8 great, franchise caliber QB's, and while Fitz isn't there he's definitely in the next level, which is better then a lot of teams have. Plus, we have no other option anyway, so it is what it is. I for one am gonna keep supporting him and hope he finds his stride again, as I know he can.