Injuries

jahnyc

The injury to Wood is devastating, but it seems like we go through this every year. Are there NFL stats available for number of games lost due to injury? We always seem to have more injuries than most teams, but it would be interesting to see the data.

In terms of starters, the Bills have lost Wood, Merriman, Williams and Parrish for the year. Easley is out but I am not sure whether he would have started or how much he would have played. Kelsay, Bell, Hairston, McGee, and A. Williams have missed signifant time.

Seems like a lot of missed time to me.

Injuries hurt Buffalo more than many other teams because the bean counters insist on spending far beneath the cap. With 20-25M to spare in 2011, they're doing fine. Gailey OTOH is the one who pays the price in terms of roster quality. Perhaps that's why it's hard for Buffalo to find HC's who'll even interview.

Injuries hurt Buffalo more than many other teams because the bean counters insist on spending far beneath the cap. With 20-25M to spare in 2011, they're doing fine. Gailey OTOH is the one who pays the price in terms of roster quality. Perhaps that's why it's hard for Buffalo to find HC's who'll even interview.

Well put.

I remember reading somewhere that RW Jr makes arond 20-25 million profit every year.

If they spent their cap space they would just about break even. Doesn't sound like this will change until there is a new owner. But then again it's not like the Ralph doesn't sell out and merchandise sales would likely increase (marginally) with the adddion of a few more stars.

Is it financially possible to make money as well as make the best possible effort to field a competitive team in Buffalo?

(Keep in mind I'm a 20+ year fan, but I'm also a believer that there is a reason things have gone the way they have and that no matter how revenue sharing changes, big market will always beat small market in the long run)

I remember reading somewhere that RW Jr makes arond 20-25 million profit every year.

If they spent their cap space they would just about break even. Doesn't sound like this will change until there is a new owner. But then again it's not like the Ralph doesn't sell out and merchandise sales would likely increase (marginally) with the adddion of a few more stars.

Is it financially possible to make money as well as make the best possible effort to field a competitive team in Buffalo?

(Keep in mind I'm a 20+ year fan, but I'm also a believer that there is a reason things have gone the way they have and that no matter how revenue sharing changes, big market will always beat small market in the long run)

Unless you're Green Bay . . .

GREEN BAY PACKERS !!!!!!

Nice point Vet - I never looked at it that way (i.e. it isn't Buffalo the city that explains the thin head coaching crop, but the front office's insistence on saving for a rainy day). The rainy day has come boys...but with a pocketful of cash, you can't buy anything now.

I do like Chan Gailey though...the defense has looked like absolute cheese cloth this year (with the exception of the Washington game...still not sure how we pressured the QB so well in that game).