Edwards Needs 2 Go!

CSBill

i agree fire him, put the stash in charge. We need a change on D. Edwards defense consists of playing 8 yards off the reciever, and tackling him after he ran a clean route and making the yardage needed for the play. And his blitz consists on sending three down linemen maybe on LB against their 5 OL. never going to work.

Dick LeBeau wouldn't be able to do anything better with the talent pool on this team. And what's worse is that Nix has heavily drafted on defense his first two drafts. Outside of Dareus and Moats, do you really believe any player can be a reliable starter in the NFL?

Dick LeBeau wouldn't be able to do anything better with the talent pool on this team. And what's worse is that Nix has heavily drafted on defense his first two drafts. Outside of Dareus and Moats, do you really believe any player can be a reliable starter in the NFL?

Yes, even fitness model Maybin has multiple sacks, nothing that bum ever did here. The only defender that needs to go is Mcklovin, he always bites on the fakes and if he hasn't figured it out by now he never will. Our problem is too conservative on defense and too wide open on offense.

Carrington, Johnson, Searcy, A. Williams, Sheppard

What has Moats done that has impressed you?

I've never seen him make a nice move to get a sack. He gets Aaron Maybin sacks.

I still have hopes for sheppard and williams. Sucks that kyle williams wasn't healthy all year, the defense might look better. I still think at this point, coaching is more of a problem then talent pool. Though I would say both.

Well, it doesn't help that 3 of your front 7 are injured (2 for good). Regardless, every team has injuries.

Bottom-line: the talent is subpar, or inexperienced, and the lack of imagination and a vanilla scheme add up to what we saw yesterday.

The Washington game was an aberration--the definition of insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Be creative, do something!!!

I watch games and EVERY other team in the league puts a cornerback on the blind side edge and let's him blitz. Not our Georgie. The man is clueless and has been since the day he was hired. The best thing they could do in the offseason is hire a qualified Def. coordinator. And Wannie isn't the answer if he is part of this mess.

most likely they ain't going fire him this season. But they do need to let him go after the season is over with!!

Im so glad this thread is doing. I can't stand this defense. I wonder if secretly Chan can just have Dave Wann start calling some plays over george. See what happens.

Funny, i actually stared a thread right afterthe game "Fire Edwards Now,* give us som ehope,) and for whatever reason it is now missing in action on tehse boards but I am happy it is back in some capacity. The guy has got to go. Too much talent on this team's defense to make every QB the second coming of Joe Montana, week after week.

Well we have no consistent pass rushers, that hurts what Edwards is trying to do.

That said giving up 400 yds every week starting to get old.

Draft choices like Troup,Maybin, Carrington, Moats are playing like backups not starters.

Its a combo of lack of talent AND Coaching to me.

Edited by Bufcomments

Would like to see some meat backing the desire to fire him.

Couldn't tell if we were blitzing or not. I could tell we weren't getting any pressure on Romo, which I thought was the thing to do given his propensity to make bad decisions when under fire.

Also, the D has won us a number of games with INTs. So, I am inclined to disagree with the call to fire.

We just aren't that talented at CB, and our Front 7 is lacking in depth. Our CBs were outmuscled all day. That is not the fault of the DC.

That sounds awfully familiar. A lot like the old "Peyton Manning wouldn't be able to get anything done behind this offensive line" rationale that people would use to defend another Edwards who used to reside in Buffalo. Yes, the defensive talent is subpar, but plenty of coordinators are doing/have done more with less. The scheme is just terrible and the adjustments are even worse. George is in way over is head.