Are the Bills the Chicago Cubs of the NFL?

Since 1972

My teams. I must need sports counseling or therapy. I'm sure they would diagnose me and being a glutton for punishment.

I'm a bills and red sox fan... before 2004 I'm sure I felt the same way you do now. Hopefully now that you got our golden boy things will turn around for the cubs! Hell even the bills are looking up!

Are the Seahawks the Cubs of the NFL? How about the Lions? Bengals? Panthers? Jaguars? Jets? You think Rams fans think their team is run by geniuses? Do Cowboys fans idolize Jerruh? Spend a little time on other team boards and gain some perspective.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Are the Seahawks the Cubs of the NFL? How about the Lions? Bengals? Panthers? Jaguars? Jets? You think Rams fans think their team is run by geniuses? Do Cowboys fans idolize Jerruh? Spend a little time on other team boards and gain some perspective.

PTR

Sound advice! I found doing that really gives me a perspective on the Bills, their strengths and weaknesses. :thumbsup:

My teams. I must need sports counseling or therapy. I'm sure they would diagnose me and being a glutton for punishment.

I'm in Chicago. I always said that when you get your Buffalo Bills membership card, the flip side automatically has you enrolled as a Chicago Cubs member!!

Since 1903, the Cubs have won a championship twice...

Since 1959, the Bills have won a championship twice....

Two historic franchises with a strong following. IMO, these teams deserve one championship...they both have that underdog feel! Just imagine if the Cubs win the WS or if the Bills won a SB...it would be a huge feel good story!

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Yes, if the Cubs win next year's World Series and if the Bills don't win the Super Bowl until 2068 (if you count the '65 AFL title) or 2073 (if you're counting from the AFL-NFL merger). So actually, no.

C'mon, St. Pete. Anybody can have a bad century!

GO BILLS!!!

Since 1903, the Cubs have won a championship twice...

Since 1959, the Bills have won a championship twice....

Two historic franchises with a strong following. IMO, these teams deserve one championship...they both have that underdog feel! Just imagine if the Cubs win the WS or if the Bills won a SB...it would be a huge feel good story!

not for the losing team

PTR

Seahawks went to the superbowl like 4 years ago

Seahawks beat the saints in the playoffs last year. I wouldnt mind being a seahawk fan. Actually I am a fan anyway. They have beastmode!

No. The Cubs enjoy a large natinonal following and are endeared by celebrities, the media, etc, for thier underdog status. Meanwhile, no one gives a flying f%&k about the Bills.

• Chris Berman
  • Donald Trump
  • Tim Russert (RIP)
  • Jim Carrey
  • Phil Mickelson
  • Meat Loaf (for what it's worth)

Those are/were prominent "celebrities, media, etc." who endear/endeared the Buffalo Bills.

As for the "large national following," I was a member of the Bills Backers in Orange County, Calif., about 10 years ago. If you came late, you couldn't even get into the bar that we OWNED in Long Beach on Sundays. Not enough room. We had 250 members.

The Bills have a huge following nationwide, including here in South Florida. Pick a Bills Backers bar -- any over 50 members -- join them for a few beers during a game -- and you'll understand.

But yeah -- nobody gives "a flying f%&k" about the Bills. :thumbdown:

PTR

I'm gonna say teams who originated in 1995 are not the Cubs of the NFL.