Confederate flag dress at the prom?

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Confederate PROM DRESS?

Come ON people... this is 2004, not 1954. It is hard to believe that people still do this now. If you want to bring up this same old sorry division over and over, to hell with you. 1865 has come and gone, the war has been over for years now. Get OVER it. Nothing good will ever come of things like this...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confederate PROM DRESS?

Come ON people... this is 2004, not 1954. It is hard to believe that people still do this now. If you want to bring up this same old sorry division over and over, to hell with you. 1865 has come and gone, the war has been over for years now. Get OVER it. Nothing good will ever come of things like this...

174929[/snapback]

Nor will any good ever come from the likes of the "reverend" farrakhan and the like but you never hear any clamoring for them to be gagged.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
There's a lot of folks in the South very proud of their heritage, and it has nothing to do with slavery.

175050[/snapback]

There are a lot of homosexuals who are very proud of their group, and yet these same heritage-driven southerners ridicule and harass them for being so open and expressive. Why? Because they offend with bad taste and flaunt something that doesn't need to be flaunted. We GET the POINT in both cases, and yet people still do these things to push others' buttons. It's NOT right, in either case...

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Nor will any good ever come from the likes of the "reverend" farrakhan and the like but you never hear any clamoring for them to be gagged.

175033[/snapback]

Personally, I think he is filth, and the worst sort of pig-headed ignorant. Nothing would bring me greater pleasure than seeing his inane and ridiculous Muslim cult come to an end. Hatred takes a lot of forms, but in his case, the Nation of Islam is nothing BUT pure hate... just another KKK-like group who uses religion to justify racial and religious prejudice.

Personally, I think he is filth, and the worst sort of pig-headed ignorant. Nothing would bring me greater pleasure than seeing his inane and ridiculous Muslim cult come to an end. Hatred takes a lot of forms, but in his case, the Nation of Islam is nothing BUT pure hate... just another KKK-like group who uses religion to justify racial and religious prejudice.

175070[/snapback]

Exactly, but it's never treated as such because it's membership is nearly 100% BLACK MUSLIM rather than WHITE CHRISTIAN.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Exactly, but it's never treated as such because it's membership is nearly 100%  BLACK MUSLIM rather than WHITE CHRISTIAN.

175086[/snapback]

And that is one of the SINGLE biggest problems with America today...

Just because a group is African-American, they are deemed 'untouchable' by a lot of people. The idea that reverse racism exists in great quantities is shrugged off by the African-American community. It's a racial issue that I am afraid will not be solved until people police their own communities, and quit using pop culture to raise their kids, and give a damn about them.

Confederate PROM DRESS?

174929[/snapback]

Yeah, bitching about free speech and the limiting of other's rights is so much more in vogue now. ;)

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Yeah, bitching about free speech and the limiting of other's rights is so much more in vogue now.  ;)

175200[/snapback]

It's better than bitching about everyone who comments about everything, and remains ambiguous to look better. Asking for civility in an uncivil world takes a lot more guts than remaining on the sidelines bitching and saying NOTHING.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Have you read your sig line?

175239[/snapback]

YEP.

#1. Bush is no choice.

#2. The Decline of the Empire is obvious, the way things are going. Damnit, I care about America, and I call it as I see it! It all goes to lack of civility, lack of education, and polarizing extremists.

YEP.

#1. Bush is no choice.

#2. The Decline of the Empire is obvious, the way things are going. Damnit, I care about America, and I call it as I see it! It all goes to lack of civility, lack of education, and polarizing extremists.

175250[/snapback]

Just as I thought...

gawd, give it a rest.  so she wants to wear a confederate flag.  folks didn't get upset when the dukes of hazzard painted their car like one

175276[/snapback]

Different time back then. Let's see what happens when the new movie is released.

Different time back then. Let's see what happens when the new movie is released.

175300[/snapback]

yeah, someone prolly will complain about the general lee ;)

folks seeing meanings that aren't there. i mean, the dukes are just some good ol' boys. never meanin no harm...

My daughter wants to wear a dress with swastikas all over it to her prom.  Should I let her?

175599[/snapback]

In all seriousness, I say sure. Freedom of speech and all. Last I checked, freedom of speech wasn't conditional on approval from any and all special interest groups that might take offense at it.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
My daughter wants to wear a dress with swastikas all over it to her prom.  Should I let her?

175599[/snapback]

I didn't go there... I chose to give a more relevant example of the gay pride people, but of course THAT is disgusting, and should not happen, while wearing the confederate flag and parading around ISN'T... ;):P:lol:

Don't you know, it's heritage, not hate?? :lol:

My great great grandfathers didn't fight and recieve battle wounds for NOTHING... free speech may apply, but it offends ME if someone parades around with that symbol on like it stands for something noble. I DISAGREE.