Is the Donald Jones thing not working ?

I am not sure what Roosevelt did today to deserve this quote. Our 2nd WR has been non-existent. I wish Fitz would look more often to Nelson...who is at least sure handed. Spiller deserves to play more @ the #2 spot. I wish the Bills coaching staff will see that.

I wish the Bills would have game planned this...Spiller is the fastest WR on this team. When the Jets were taking away the short stuff, it was time to throw to him at least a couple of times...

What is the point of having players like Smith, Spiller, Nelson, if they cannot be part of your game plan.

I totally agree with you. I think Nelson deserves # 2 spot. He can be like Burress in his best years.

I still can't understand what $%%$$ is Brad Smith doing returning kickoffs. In fact I hate to see when he's on the field I rather look for Spiller than Brad Smith.

I know the guy is coming off an injury but, come on he need something out of the number 2 spot.

His body of work, before and after his injury hasn't impresssed me a heck of a lot. One solid game, bits of good with bits of bad in 2-3 others, disappears at times as well.

He must show well in practice though as in a number of games, Fitz went to him early and first half action hasn't been Jones stong suit. Seems to play better in the second.

Yet, he's raw, and he's young. He may still yet develop. As has been said around here many times, Eric Moulds took three years to explode.

His body of work, before and after his injury hasn't impresssed me a heck of a lot. One solid game, bits of good with bits of bad in 2-3 others, disappears at times as well.

He must show well in practice though as in a number of games, Fitz went to him early and first half action hasn't been Jones stong suit. Seems to play better in the second.

Yet, he's raw, and he's young. He may still yet develop. As has been said around here many times, Eric Moulds took three years to explode.

Eric Moulds was a 1st rd pick. Lots of guys never explode. I think Jones does some things well, but I wouldn't be unhappy if the Bills tried to get a hold of a better receiver for next season.

I suggested during the game, that they send Spiller out wide to go deep. He is the fastest guy, just the fact that he's out there would get the Jets attention, and he could stretch the field. They should be working on some deep plays for him anyway.

did Spiller play ?????

Maybe at some point we should stop pretending that all of the "no-names" on this team are as good as legitimate 1st round talent. Jones and Roosevelt are at best average WR's in this league. They don't scare anyone and they're aren't the type of players that are going to get you to the next level.

The harsh reality is that this team has about 6 guys who are feel good stories but are average talent. If you look around the league, the best teams have legitimate stars at their respective positions. We have guys that make us feel good.

If you don't agree with me, ask yourself these questions:

1. What WR do we have that forces opposing defenses to have the safety roll their way on almost every play.

2. When was the last time we had a LB that had to be accounted for?

3. Who is our "shut down" corner?

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

We have quite a few rookies/ 2nd year starters that are learning on the job right now. Donald Jones was healthy enough to play, but obviously he is not 100%. We are 5-3 with a very young team merely 2 years into a serious roster overhaul. Based on the season thus far, this was a very uncharacteristic game from top to bottom. It's not a trend unless they play like this next week. It will be interesting to see how we fair against the other fat Ryan in Dallas. If we get one of our LTs back, it would be huge given that it has hurt us at LG also.

did Spiller play ?????

The way CJ is being handled is one of he thing I don't agree with Gailey on. Most teams try to develop a 1-2 punch with the running backs. Jackson has been great but no reason CJ can't get 5-7 touches from the backfield. It seems as though Gailey has abandon this approach and that makes it easier for teams to game plan against and it keeps CJ from developing as fast.

Jones and Martin can't catch

Neither has the hands to be on the field during critical times.

Neither has shown the ability to go after the ball.

Neither has shown the ability to makes things happen after the catch.

Roosevelt is better suited for now but next years draft has to provide us a long term solution here.

Jones deserves a chance to develop but Martin should be planning for his retirement.

Edited by VADC Bills