been saying it all season...

If we didn't start showing teams that we can and will test them down the field..... teams are just going to press and press ..... that's why we have to take advantage of 1 on 1 coverage and go deep.....

Not every team has the corners to do that. The Jets can press and blitz because they have 2 unreal shutdown corners.

Fitz and the entire Offense were flat all day long. Dont matter what anyone else does or has done all year, last year, or next year. When you come out flat and then continue to be flat then you will lose. Bottom Line! There were multiple times that the O was on the field and didnt do squat. I was telling my son that the D has been on the field way too long and we had no chance if we cointinued on this way.

Press them downfield or hit the shorts and the screens it doesnt matter. If you are a PLAYOFF TEAM then you impose YOUR will on the other team!!!

Simple as that! Just my 2 cents!

NAVY CHIEF NAVY PRIDE!!!

Steve

I fail to see where the offense is much of a problem. The Bills problems are as clear as Carl Zeiss glass to me, but apparently not to Buddy and Chan. Plain and simple, when your "D" gets lit up and totally dominated by a lower third NFL offense at home, you better know where your problems are. And many will make excuses that the Bills have been without Merriman, Kyle, and some time w/o McGee & Kelsay. Big deal all teams are minus starters. And even with them, the Bills were still a lower third NFL defense. They're not physical, they're not fast, they're not a 3-4, and they're not a 4-3. They don't have a bonafide NFL DC and they have no dominant big man in the middle... and, until they get a real DC that knows the 3-4 and a dominant NT in the 340 lb. range, that can eat up space and muck up an offense, they're just suiting up and hoping it's enough. With a lot of help from the Pats and Jets, the Bills could back themselves into a playoff spot... Heck, 10-6 seems to look like all you'll need to win the AFC east. But, minus the D, in the playoffs, just like today, they will be a total embarrassment.

I'm a defense guy. To me that's what wins championships. So, until the Bills D can perform like a top 10 NFL defense, count me in as a "nonbilliever". Offense ain't gonna cut it... although it's been a lot less painful than the last several years.

Solution-

Trade Spiller for picks

Sign a true #1 WR and cut Jones ASAP!

Draft the meanest LB and DEs in the draft.

You won't get ANYTHING for Spiller right now. I can't understand why they don't get him some touches. It is almost

like they are too proud of their over-achieving no-talent players. I really like Freddie Jackson - he is a guy to root for

and plays way better than his talent level dictates, but it is almost like the coaches are too stubborn to direct the ball

to their most athletic player.

They would have to get a QB that could make those throws. Until then, other teams will continue to press, take away the short pass game and all they really have to do is stop the run game. You force 3 and outs all the time and no matter how good the defense, they get tired from being on the field and start looking like the Bills today.

As for the offense not being a problem, they have been a problem for the last 3-4 games. Really flat. YOu could argue, but look at it. They really havent been able to move the ball until Jackson rips off a big gain and then the defense gets tired. Fitz won't throw deep and since his payday, has been taking crappy chances. The first pick today was directly into double coverage. HE had no business trying to stick the ball in there. The throw to Johnson was just a go up and get it and thats what Johnson did. Im glad we got rid of Edwards. No confidence, but Fitz has to much confidence. He just is not that good and now the Bills are stuck with him for at least the next 2 years until they realize they done messed up (Think the Kelsey deal last year or Merriman).

He needs to be given the opportunites to make plays....more than 5-7 yards slants.... he showed me today that never few corners can actually match up with him....and even is the lose to the giant he beat his man but the passes were under throw.... for our offense to stay explosive....he needs to be given the chance

Ive noticed this for a few weeks now...Maybe Fitz cant throw deep!

On the other hand, I think Stevie is also too small!

Brad smith is underused, what a waste.

Lets be realistic...after watching #16 do nothing today on special teams...I thought Smith was OVERUSED, WHAT A WASTE!