My fellow Libertarians and I are scary

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

n00b needs to learn how to post a link

want to try playing again?

not my fault this forum doesn't use the same **** as every other forum on earth. even using the insert image button fails.

does it reject imageshack or something?

Edited by D'love

1320560926[/url]' post='2302204']

ronswansonturkeyleg.jpg

...how do you insert images.

See how clean this place looks, without pictures and photo signatures mucking up the posts? We like it that way.

Buffalo Range permits all kinds of images and photos. It's myspace meets a 14-year-old-girl's-bedroom wall meets your high school locker. An excellent look if you like that sort of thing.

Submit your complaint to a mod. They like hearing that one.

Edited by John Adams

1320584825[/url]' post='2302262']

Yeah we don't like all those eyesores

Dev here is the guy who proves the point. Would you trust a guy with a stupid avatar like his to post images?

And he's not the worst by far...he's just smart enough to know how to use an animated gif to annoy everyone.

Edited by John Adams

What a horrifically bad sign. It virtually associates child groping and drugs with libertarians.

Looks like something put together by a political strategist whose goal is to discredit the movement.

Your thoughts on:

Defense spending

Medicare

SS

Citizen United

Healthcare

Federal Loan Guarantees

International trade policies

Just to name a few....

defense spending: in need of serious cuts

Medicare and SS: Perfect example of what is wrong with the Entitlement Society. Millions of people beholden to the government for their survival. Start dwindling both down, support those sucked into the system while weenining future generations off the government teet.

Citizen United: not familiar with this. Please explain.

Healthcare: see Medicare. Get gov't out and costs will not skyrocket.

Federal Loan Guarantees: not a function of government

International trade policies: call me a big government liberal, but this is a function for government. Trade agreements should be reviewed by congress periodically and either renewed or rescinded

See how clean this place looks, without pictures and photo signatures mucking up the posts? We like it that way.

Buffalo Range permits all kinds of images and photos. It's myspace meets a 14-year-old-girl's-bedroom wall meets your high school locker. An excellent look if you like that sort of thing.

Submit your complaint to a mod. They like hearing that one.

Alrightie gotcha. Didn't know.

Though to be honest, if you don't like eyesores, why is the entire site bright white, why do you allow obnoxious gif images as avatars (hypnotoad?), and why is there barely any contrast anywhere?

Carry on, my libertarian brethren.

Well...by now, you should know mine, but I'll play anyway...

Your thoughts on:

Defense spending

Cut it back to real defense rather than maintaining a worldwide imperial military presence.

Medicare

SS

I'll lump these 2 together, since they are really codependent programs. They should never have been instituted, as the federal government has no authority or mandate in either retirement "security" or the insurance business.

That said, they cannot be just ended suddenly, because too many people had "premiums" forcibly taken from them throughout their working careers while being told they could rely on them being there.

I would start with immediately stopping the withholding of FICA and Medicare "taxes", but continue the "benefits" for those who have paid in based on how many years they paid in. Since a retirement benefit is now based on the highest 35 years of earnings, a person with fewer than 35 years of paying in before the suspension of collecting would have the total earnings for those years divided by 35 to get the average wage used for the calculations. This would also require that the money "borrowed" from the SS and Medicare Trusts since the 60's would be repaid to those trusts.

People currently receiving benefits and those who would still qualify in the future should be "means tested" with those making over about $80K-$100K per year in addition to their SS no longer receiving "retirment insurance" payments.

Citizen United

While I am in no way agreeable to censoring of political speech, I believe that those speaking should be fully identified to those listening. I would require that the sponsors of a given ad should be clearly identified by both printed and vocal means within the ad...priniting being of equal size to the largest type in the ad and vocal identification spoken as loudly and at the same speed as the rest of the ad.

I would also include limits on campaign donations...not in the amount of donations, but by limiting donations to a congressional campaign to people and companies within that congressional district and senatorial races to those within the state.

The office of the president should be returned to it's intended function of executing policy set by congress, rather than determining policy and any "xecutive orders" should need to be affirmed by congress within 30 days.

Healthcare

Is not a federal issue (absent a constitutional amendment that i personally would vote against) and should be left to the states and the people therein.

Federal Loan Guarantees

If approved by congress, I can see them being used in return for service to the nation on a contractual basis...an example being housing or educational loan guarantees for veterans.

International trade policies

This is one area where the federal government does have constututional authority and should be left to congress to determine. Personally, I would like to see one tariff...a quite substantial tariff on goods made outside the US by US companies.

Of course, these are just the opinions of one grumpy old libertarian, not the policy of any Libertarian Party.